Protective Gear/Helmets

Protective Gear/Helmets - If not required - would you?

• I dress top to bottom

Votes: 148 100.0%
  • I'll wear a helmet and maybe gloves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd ride naked if I could get away with it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Quebec (Canada) and there is a helmet law here. Dont matter to me 'cause i would never ride without one anyway!

I have a good Teknic jacket 80% of the time, the other 20% i wear my Spyke full gear (including boots)... I dont see my self scraping my bare knee on the pavement while curving!!!

I have crashed in the past wearing only jeans and a Tshirt... I now always remember the feeling of the nurse scraping the asphalt off my shoulder, ishhhhhhhhhhhh... So i have trouble riding without at least some jeans and a good jacket (leather)... smileyexhibit.gif

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116067746 -->

Helmets aren't required here in Texas personally I believe those that ride without them are already braindead if any of you have ever been to the d/fw area and saw how these idiots &quot;drive&quot; you would know exactly where I am coming from. The only time I don't gear up is after a wash and i just ride down to the end of my cul-de-sac and back to shake loose any hidden water.
Jay
Yep, in Texas it seems there is a large contingent that think a scarf wrapped around your head is plenty of protection.

I always wear a helmet--always. I wear boots and gloves, and if it's not too hot, a jacket.

In Arkansas there is no helmet law. I wear in order- Shoei RF-1000, JR Rio mesh with armor, JR mesh Phoenix pants or First Gear Fuel leather/tex if it's not too friggin hot, Alpinestars SMX R' boots. And boots DO matter, did you not see the vid posted on here where the squid lost a wheelie and broke his ankle basically OFF, 90 degree angle about three inches above the ankle bone, with his buddy holding it up calling 911?!?

I tried to fake out USN04 when I dropped by the other day, whipped off my mesh overpants (full length zips) with shorts under and changed to tennies out of my tank bag before I rang the door bell- I said &quot;Ya like my squid impression?&quot; He said &quot;Bull****, you don't go to the mailbox without gear!&quot;. Nice compliment... tounge.gif

P.S.- He still wears jeans when he rides, maybe Pac will post his butt picture again for him? biggrin.gif Pac, you out there island boy??

Helmets aren't required here in Texas personally I believe those that ride without them are already braindead if any of you have ever been to the d/fw area and saw how these idiots &quot;drive&quot; you would know exactly where I am coming from. The only time I don't gear up is after a wash and i just ride down to the end of my cul-de-sac and back to shake loose any hidden water.
Jay
Actually there is a relaxed helmet law in Texas. If you are under the age of 21 you must wear a helmet. If you are 21 or over you must have taken and passed the motorcycle saftey course or have medical insurance that will cover the cost of medical treatment for a head injury, otherwise you must wear a helmet. Personelly I don't like the helmet law, or the seat belt law for that matter, but I always wear my helmet on my motorcycle and my seat belts in my truck. It's the smart and sometimes uncomfortable thing to do.

Just the other day I was thinking of posting this same pole
I am in south Florida where we have the beach and lots of hot weather.
The majority of riders I see were little or no protection.
We have the Harley riders with there look and little or no protection
and plenty Jap, crotch, sport, or whatever you call then.
Riding in t shirts bathing suits G strings (the girls on the back, not the guys), no helmets
and sometimes sandals.
I met a guy last week with a new busa and he was talking about doing 130
with his cheeks flapping in the wind without a helmet.
I wasn't wearing my jacket when I had my accident and was lucky not to
get much road rash but it probably would have helped with the 8 fractures
I received. I now have a perforated jacket that is not to hot to were in the heat.

No body plans on having a accident but we have the option of riding protected.

Full Monty, Full Face Helment with Shield and strapped, Armor Gloves, Armor Jacket, and Armor Pants, with Heavy Boots.

Don't plan on going down, but I want to be around. No $5 helmet for this head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back