Protective Gear/Helmets

Protective Gear/Helmets - If not required - would you?

• I dress top to bottom

Votes: 148 100.0%
  • I'll wear a helmet and maybe gloves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd ride naked if I could get away with it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HayaGreg

Donating Member
Registered
With all the brouhaha in Michigan about helmet law repeal, I was just wondering how many would still wear protective gear if they didn't have to. No, I'm not an insurance agent or a lawmaker.
Personally, I'll always at least wear a helmet, naked or not.

Can honestly say that I'd continue to wear my helmet, jacket, and gloves. Just feel more comfortable that way.

top 2 bottom on all major rides.

i will leave my leather pants at home and just wear my jacket, helmet, gloves, jeans, and sidi boots when cruising around town. Another advantage of having a 2 peice racing suit!

Its not cool going to eat somewhere in a full leathers.
Peeps look at you like your a martian! tounge.gif

Ask B-sting....he takes out an suv and walks away with a bruised shoulder. Please wear your gear. Personally, I think riding without a helmet sucks. All the #### in the road blowing all over your face hurts. When a bird or large piece of debris hits you in the face the shades aren't going to cut it. I've lost a good friend before because he didn't have a helmet. The "loud pipes" didn't save him. It really sucks.

Helmets aren't required here in Texas personally I believe those that ride without them are already braindead if any of you have ever been to the d/fw area and saw how these idiots "drive" you would know exactly where I am coming from. The only time I don't gear up is after a wash and i just ride down to the end of my cul-de-sac and back to shake loose any hidden water.
Jay

I have helmet, jacket and gloves all match. Not only do I feel safe, I feel better knowing I have some protection, and I look cool too! AHAAH.
I live in TX and wear my helmet because I took a small spill at maybe 10-15mph on my Kat, and it all happened so fast. I tumble forward off the bike and did a full front rolling flip. I didn't know that I hit my head, I took off the helmet and the jaw portion and screen had rash! because of that I don't have a huge scar on my beautiful face! AHAHAHA damn.

Besides I am no found of all the bugs and rocks flying into my eyes/head when I ride :-D

I'm usually in full gear, sometimes though i'll wear jeans instead of the riding pants.

I wear a jacket and helment and jeans all the time. I did just go for a quick half mile ride in shorts though and man did it feel good, but i will always wear jeans anyway. I dont wanna end up looking like this-> face7.gif

All gear all the time.....I even wear a vest a lot of the time.
thumbs-up.gif

Helmet, jacket, gloves always. Most of the time in jeans but I'm waiting on some Joe Rocket Ballistic pants to come in.

I live in Iowa - no helmet law here at all.

I wear a lid, perf leather jacket, and gloves all the time. Boots are on my to buy list as is either Icon or other re-inforced jeans - maybe some of that long underwear with armor in it. Anyone on the back of my bike wears a lid and a jacket - minimum.

When I was a kid, I had a sportster - wore a bandana.

I'm much smarter now - life is too sweet and too many people depend on me for me to be too careless.

I live in Iowa - no helmet law here at all.

I wear a full face lid, perf leather jacket, and gloves all the time. Boots are on my to buy list as is either Icon or other re-inforced jeans - maybe some of that long underwear with armor in it. Anyone on the back of my bike wears a lid and a jacket - minimum.

When I was a kid, I had a sportster - wore a bandana.

I'm much smarter now - life is too sweet and too many people depend on me for me to be too careless.

May go with just a helmet, jacket, gloves and pants, but that's as low as it goes. Too many possible dangers out there and I have things to live for. biggrin.gif

Before my last wreck I always wore a helmet because I had to. I only wore a jacket if it was cold out and only wore jeans. I would never ride in shorts. After my wreck I will never go without a helmet. I am very glad I had a leather jacket on but my thin uniform pants didn't fair so well. I got lucky and only got one spot of road rash. My left knee took quit a hit and after three months I still have a scab. It is almost gone but the point is it's still there. I will get a set of riding pants be it leather or other if I get another bike. Road rash sucks. Wear you gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back