Prospective Busa owner

rdx4me

Registered
Hi all,

Found this site while searching for info on Hayabusa's. Here's my dilema:

Fellow military member has a 2002 Busa with 10K miles on it. He got into a accident going 25mph and the insurance company totaled his bike because of damage to the fairings.

He bought it back from the insurance company and since then has taken it to the Salt Flats and ran it at speed.

Problem is that the insurance company gave him a Salvage Destroy title and with that I'm in doubt as to how to register it here in Florida.

It's a beautiful bike and he's replaced all the fiberglass (?) peices that were damaged in the initial accident.

Price is $3000 including PC III, Air Shifter, aftermarket exhaust and other upgrades.

Is there hope for this or no?

Thanks for your time!

Best bet is to call the Florida DMV and tell them you are interested in purchasing a motorcycle with a salvage title. See what they say about what is involved in tagging this bike. Welcome to the oRg.

Bad news... Talked to DMV in Panama City and they said the frame can never be registered again since it has a Certificate of Destruction Title.

Don't think this would really be worth the time & expense of re-building as I have seen the price of a good Busa frame with clean title on e-bay...

Good deal. At least you didnt find out the hard way. There are always busas for sale, and you dont have to buy it on ebay. I do hope you stay on the board.
beerchug.gif

There is no such silliness in VT.

Buy it and register it here, you are not required to be a VT resident to register vehicles in VT.

Back