"1st" bike not gonna be a busa... *sob

Echo

Registered
After reading alot of posts on the issue of getting a busa as a "1st" bike, ive decided that $800+ a month is a little too much for me to pay in insurance. Ill be going for my 2nd fav bike the yamaha warrior. Ive been riding for a long time but since ive never INSURED a bike before my insurance company calls me a newb. ahh well... still love the busa, just cant afford the insurance (can afford insurance but nothing else ie: food clothes etc). Thanks for all the good posts on this issue tho. Id like to think that there are quite a few people out there that are alot happier (and/or alive) thanks all of the good info and sincere concern on this forum.

Sorry to hear the news, but all hope isn't lost...you can always buy one LATER...ride for a while, then reprice the Busa's insurance and jump in when you can...

Good luck with the Yamaha! Still welcome to hang out and post up pics...
cool.gif

be god now..... theres a man with a good head.....lad,s fare play t,ya boy... best of luck now me lad..... with that owl yamaha..

sad.gif
sorry to hear well post up pics of your new ride when ya get it
smile.gif
and have ya checked all options sometimes ya get a break for being a home owner and multi auto policies
rock.gif
and last but not least Wendy's has one hell of a dollar menu
tounge.gif

yes indeed. my plan is to insure my yamaha for a few years and step up to the busa when it gets into my monthly price range. And dont think i havent thought about the dollar menu! Its just that im really a buffet kinda guy. ill post some pics when i get ittho im not shure how far down the road thatll b. hopefully early march, but if closing on my new house drags out then it might be as late as april or even may *shudder*. im still a hayabusa enthusiast in every way and long for the day when i can climb onto the only superbike that has enough balls to move me (6'6" 310lbs). hope they dont back it down any more over then next few years...

Gotta hand it to ya Echo ......U got alot more self control than I do ! I've been known to jump in and worry about finances later ....like when I get the first bill.

Send us some pics of that Yami whenever U can and Welcome to the Board !

sorry to hear that Echo, I'm still holding firm. I was quoted about 7 - 10 thousand a year for a Busa. At the time I was 29 with 1 ticket on my record for failure to follow a highway sign. After hitting 30 and taking a MSF class (which was well worth it, the best 90 bucks I've ever spent) Sate Farm quoted me @ 720 a year
biggrin.gif
by the way, how young are you?

You'll like the Warrior. I bought one after a six year dry spell of not riding and it was great. Lots of aftermarket goodies and hop-up pieces available. For support go over to rswarrior.com. Still ride with many of the friends I made there.

Gotta hand it to ya Echo ......U got alot more self control than I do ! I've been known to jump in and worry about finances later ....like when I get the first bill.

Send us some pics of that Yami whenever U can and Welcome to the Board !
+1 Welcome to the board ......U got alot more self control than I do also and that has to be a good thing...

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139003669 -->

im 25 (will b 26 as of april 1st) and have a clean driving record. I got my quote with the msf class included. ive been lurking arround rswarrior.com for years myself... infact, the warrior was my original #1 bike untill i discovered the similar cost of the busa. never concidered insurance untill now. still, im glad to hear that rolling over 30 drops your rates yet again. looks like ill be riding my warrior for 4 years or so before i step up to the busa. pics coming hopefully by april.

I love the Warrior and I'm sure you'll be glad with the choice. You can always keep an eye out for a cheaper high mile or damaged fixer-up Busa too. Go liability only and enjoy the best of both worlds.

I too am a former warrior rider, and its a great bike. Ride it for a few years and then riding the busa will feel like you were running with leg weights on (warrior).

Sorry to hear about the ins. thing. Just wondering about others I heard complain about high ins on the Busa, do have alot of tickets or real young? I'm with state farm, clean driving record, 36 yrs. old. I have full coverage and pay $850 a year. Before I bought I asked my agent the cost. When she told me the price I asked her to check again, because I had always heard they were high to insure. She should me different qoutes on other bikes, even cruisers, for me. Price was not that much lower. She claims that they do not care about the style, just the cc's. Out of other bikes I owned this is the first one to have full coverage. Some, I never had Ins., but they are extremely tight on this in N.O. now. Have fun with the Warrior, i'm sure you will enjoy.

Sorry to hear about the ins. thing. Just wondering about others I heard complain about high ins on the Busa, do have alot of tickets or real young? I'm with state farm, clean driving record, 36 yrs. old. I have full coverage and pay $850 a year. Before I bought I asked my agent the cost. When she told me the price I asked her to check again, because I had always heard they were high to insure. She should me different qoutes on other bikes, even cruisers, for me. Price was not that much lower. She claims that they do not care about the style, just the cc's. Out of other bikes I owned this is the first one to have full coverage. Some, I never had Ins., but they are extremely tight on this in N.O. now. Have fun with the Warrior, i'm sure you will enjoy.

Back