insurance!!!!!!!

Sounds like State Farm is the way to go. Progressive wants $1800 per year from me with a $1K deductible!! 42 yrs old with a clean record.

I found Allstate seemed cheap too in Texas, but then the guy thought the bike was a cruiser...........I asked him to confirm in writing....btw what sort of coverage are y'awl getting for this 3-400US?

Last edited:
How the heck are you guys getting it so cheap!!!???? I'm 32 with a clean driving record and I cant even get liability for less than $420 a year! Full coverage would have been over $2000 a year! What gives?

wow some of ya'll are lucky back in 07 i bout a 06 busa with under 200 miles i was 25 insurance was 5,000 full coverage for a year and i had a clean record but certain areas you live in charge differently i know here 18-30 year olds have busa's and fly like they ain got a lick of sense and then get hurt so the one that ride right have to pay for others mistakes in NC(Charlotte Area)

:dunno:You need to have a 4 wheeled vehicle with Met life in order to get bike insurance. $58 am month with a clean record. My agent is a great guy so he got the > 1200 cc and under 35 disqualifier waived.

Also if you are coming from progressive they consider you unisured and your first years preimum is higher. Aparently there is not equal insurance act.

in TX you will be about 75 to 90 a month full if your record is good with State Farm

Houston is probably one of the highest areas in the country for a busa if you need full coverage. If possible, get the actual amount financed under 10k and go w/liability only. Then don't crash...or get it stolen...

I dont think I would ride if I didnt have full coverage ,do you know how many people are running around without any.

If it wasnt for full coverage in 2004 when I was hit by an uninsured drunk I would have lost everything.

Bike was totaled,$20,000+ in hospital bills and out of work for over 2 months.

If you cant afford full coverage what would you do if that happened

I just rode off the floor with my '11 Busa and almost choked when Geico said $100 more a month- totalling $980/6 mos !!! That includes an '09 BMW GSA and my wife's 650 Ninja.

I called State Farm and they were $692/6 mos. My friend has a ZX-14 and a ZX-10 with multiple "speeding issues" and suggested I check DairylandCycle.com.

Sure enough- $1088 a year :cheerleader: !!

For those of you with a 'Busa and paying less than $60 a month- what kind of coverage is that!?! I'm 42, no tickets, no accidents... WTF!?!

Gieco quoted 1200 a year, I went to AAA and got it for 500 a year and they threw in roadside assistance.

I pay about a 1000 per year with commerce. full coverage to the max... 28, not the nicest driving record.. 08 Busa Have a car with them as well .. my total insurance for my lexus and my busa is 3800 for the year.. full coverage on both

I pay $25 a month full coverage with progressive.

What are your coverages and deductable? My quote was over $2k. 39 years old, clean record and excellent credit

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

I'm 43, with State Farm Mutual here in Maryland with a clean record. I just sold an 07 gixxer 1000 and I was paying $45 a month for: Liability 1000,000/300,000/1000; Comprehensive $500; Collision $500. Being that I just sold my 1000 and purchased my 09 Busa last week my bill actually went down $4-$7 dollars a month (I won't know until I get my new policy but they said it did go down.

From my understanding since I've been with State for several years and have a great record with few claims I've migrated to the "top" level insurance. From what I understand they offer 3 levels of coverage and your record and longevity with the company determines which level you're placed in. They said in another 14 months I'm due for another decrease in my bill.

I forgot to mention that I carry several policies with them and that also helped lower my overall bill.

Also I "think" that your credit rating may also determines your bill: lower score higher bill.

When I get this bill I'm going to pay the whole year so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I think some places give you a discount if you pay the policy upfront also.

State Farm the the winner in the cheapest insurance if you can get it. I called an agent and they really did not want to just insure the Busa. I live in Florida so I really have to worry about house insurance (if you have a house) because of all the hurricanes. State Farm has a thing with not wanting to write insurance on houses in Florida.

I did Progressive last year and now they want to do another year on the Busa for $920.

Back