Insurance question

coke4class

Registered
Could anyone please help me out with this?

I am shopping for good insurance rate.
I have my car insured with Geico... and I thought they might cut me a good rate, so I called them and they quoted me $5300/ year....

I almost about had a heart attack. When I had my 04 R6 in 2004, I only paid $55 month... Is it really necessary to charge arm and leg for insurance... arrgh. I am so frustrated.
I just wanted to know what most of you are paying for your insurance if you dont mind sharing that information.
Keep in mind I am 26 yr old male... married... but $5300/yr for motorcycle insurance just doesnt seem right.

What company do you guys have your busa' insured through and what are your suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

The only insurance company commercial "jingle" that matters is... "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there".

You will not find a lower rate than State Farm for a Hayabusa. Most people are paying about 800 a year for full coverage on their Busa using State Farm. State Farm just goes by the engine cc's and not the actual bike, itself... like other companies who look at the Busa and see it's the fastest bike so they will charge you the highest rates. State Farm is the way to go.

+1 on State Farm.

Every other insurance company embarrassed themselves and made me laugh when they quoted.

Holy crap... so the vote goes for State farm... as it seems.
When I lived in Indiana and had 04 R6, myinsurance was indeed State Farm.  I had my car insured with them, renters insurance for my apartment at the time and the motorcycle.  However I did have one speeding ticket on my car, and an accident with the car, and motorcycle accident...

Now it is two years since all that has happend... I am thinking about going back to State farm and asking for their quote... I hope that they do not find any flags under me...

Now my concern is... being married... owning a house... and that I have had carried other insurance... would that help out and they be able to offer me a good rate... I have no intention to pay more than $1000 for insurance for my bike...I think anything more than that is just loco...
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|coke4class
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152314326 -->

Thats like... 53$ for month.... that is more likely so... you know what i mean...
$5300 for yr...approx 440/month is just crazy...

I am beginning to think that I should change my auto insurance to some other place....maybe other than geico would be nice to me... and give me a better rate than what i am paying now...

State Farm

You got to have your car Insurance with them also to get bike insurance.
Depends on the state/agent... but it seems most SF agents want you to have a car insured with them first. If your car isn't insured with SF, get it there. If you don't have a car... then just call around to all the SF agents and see what they'll do. Either way... if you own a Busa, you'll definitely want SF.

Just remember State Farm has no medical coverage on any of their motorcycle coverage. If you need it, go somewhere else.

... in other words... the people have spoken... STATE FARM is where the busa insurance is at! Period!

You may also want to check out Progressive. State Farm gave me a better quote by about $100 per year, but they required me to move car insurance from my other company. The car insurance and homeowner's quote was a few hundred more because I had a long term relationship with Nationwide, so I went with Progressive for just motorcycle. I'm at about $600 per year which is pretty good living near Philadelphia. By the way, Nationwide quoted me about $460 per month!!! Guess they just don't want to insure sport bikes, because my prior bike, a vmax, ran me about $300 per year.. Good luck with you hunt for reasonable insurance.

You may also want to check out Progressive. State Farm gave me a better quote by about $100 per year, but they required me to move car insurance from my other company. The car insurance and homeowner's quote was a few hundred more because I had a long term relationship with Nationwide, so I went with Progressive for just motorcycle. I'm at about $600 per year which is pretty good living near Philadelphia. By the way, Nationwide quoted me about $460 per month!!! Guess they just don't want to insure sport bikes, because my prior bike, a vmax, ran me about $300 per year.. Good luck with you hunt for reasonable insurance.
Progressive quoted me at $2400 a year... uh, I went with Stare Farm....

Back