CHEAP INSURANCE?

k5fan

Registered
I am looking for companies that offer a cheaper insurance than the quotes I have been getting. I have gotten a quote from Progressive for 3780/yr. I THINK NOT. So please help me the wallet cant handle it.

:eek:

Hit the Yellow pages and call around is my advice. Do you need to have full insurance?

I'm paying $250 a year... and that's also through Progressive. :D :confused: I will probably find someone else when it runs out in November, though, since I think that's $250 too much. :laugh:

How do you get 250 a year? I wish. Yeah I need full coverage or atleast just enough to cover the bike. I am in the military so they will pay for my personal thrashings. I want to know how people get 250$ insurance. I would be content with 2000$ or less.

I just have liablility (it is all I need, I do all my own work and can get parts dirt cheap if I ever need repairs). I could get full for about $1000-1300, but that is $1000-1300 I can invest and put to far better uses. No accidents, no tickets, no claims and over 25.

Play around with the coverage, different levels, different deductibles, etc. Also, check for discounts like AMA membership, MSF course, etc. Tell them it will be for recreation only (high milage, to-from work generally puts you in a higher liability range).

OH, did you get the quote from their web site? Be sure to include your SSN and other info, that actually makes a big difference in the quote.

(not trying to rub it in, either. ;) :laugh: )

Yeah I have played with progressive all I think I can. I have taken out all i can and raised deductibles to max limits and still cannot get below 3300yearly. So I contacted State Farm and the agent is going to get in touch with me. I still need any company yall guys have in mind. PLEASE need help or the busa isnt going to see any ride time. Dont take away the busa.

Does Farmers still do bikes? They were very cheap a year or two ago, as long as you had other vehicles or a house insured.

I think new insurance policy rates on sportbikes has gone way up recently. :super:

If you have family or friends living in another city, you could try using that address just to see how much it changes. When I moved from the city back to the suburbs, mine went down 15% across the board.

How do you get 250 a year?  I wish.  Yeah I need full coverage or atleast just enough to cover the bike.  I am in the military so they will pay for my personal thrashings.  I want to know how people get 250$ insurance.  I would be content with 2000$ or less.
Military man huh, well I got the hookup for you.
Call USAA, they insured mine for $360 a year full coverage.

More insurance questions.

Progressive is tripping. When I went to insure mine they wanted $1800 a year for full coverage. I laughed in the guys face and told him he must be kidding. He acted like he wasn't getting it and tried to explain why...I cut him off and told him that they were criminals and there was no explanation and hung up.

I called USAA which is a tremendous organization if you are or were military. I have full coverage $250 deductable, and it costs me $780 a year.

Military guys/Gals check into USAA, they may not allways be the cheapest but their Banking and insurance service is awesome.

Rev

You might try GMAC bike insurance also. I have full coverage 250 deduct for $420 a year.

I pay $480/year with state farm, full coverage, but keep in mind i have 3 cars and a house with the same guy too! It helps.

State farm is your best bet . They go by motor size not type of bike . I'm 40 and its 400 a yr. full w/500 deductable .

holy crap. thats expensive. on a brand new 2004 hayabusa, with 5 total tickets, 2 reckless driving, 1 speeding (38over) and 2 bullshit tickets, its only 538$ a year!.. but then again, those tickets were in early 2001 and havent got any since.. to top it off, im 20 :)

Dylix lets try to keep it real...Whats the real story here? We know you do not have a Busa yet, and I would like to know what you told progressive for that rate...sounds like BS. Just about everyone here has dealt or gotten quotes from progressive...
Tell me, is this under your Moms name or something?:super:

Back