Insurence Help Please

Mike56James

Registered
I really really really need help :banghead: i live in Maryland inside the beltway and i'm a 22 year old male and for the life of me i cant find insurence under 700 dollars a month ::11 now i know i'm young and i know insurence is high for me any way but is there any place i can find cheaper insurence i sitting here with a bike and it looks like when riding season comes back around i'm still gonna be grounded its really not looking good can anybody help me out there PLEASE .........................................:wtf:

I really really really need help :banghead: i live in Maryland inside the beltway and i'm a 22 year old male and for the life of me i cant find insurence under 700 dollars a month ::11 now i know i'm young and i know insurence is high for me any way but is there any place i can find cheaper insurence i sitting here with a bike and it looks like when riding season comes back around i'm still gonna be grounded its really not looking good can anybody help me out there PLEASE .........................................:wtf:

State Farm is usually the cheapest

+1 for State Farm.They were about 2000 a year cheaper than Gieco for me.can out to be around 750 a year for full coverage.:thumbsup:

You may be forced to move to a state that doesn't require motorcycle insurance?

State farm should be a sponser,there the best deal out there most of the time.
And most of us use them.:thumbsup:

Wow. I always thought State Farm was one of the more expensive ones. We use Geico. It's 400.00 a year for 2 bikes. I'm calling State Farm in the morning!

I have State Farm also. I did have to switch my auto policy too them cuz they would'nt
do the cycle insurance by itself. Wound up saving $$ overall for 2 dodge mini vans and the busa just under $1900 for the year. I have full coverage on the bike and on the 2005 van with just liability on a 1993 van. With the other company I was paying $ 1900 for just the 2 vans. State Farm however did require that I have my own medical insurance as for they dont write medical coverage into the cycle policy.

Wow. I always thought State Farm was one of the more expensive ones. We use Geico. It's 400.00 a year for 2 bikes. I'm calling State Farm in the morning!
Geico was outrageous when I got a quote.. SF was $58 a year for state minimums for me and this years premium was for $236 full coverage with $500 ded..

the lizard wanted 5X's that..

Your 22 - like my son you're pretty much screwed. Move or downsize the ride. I know I wouldn't be insuring 22 y/o's on busas. Sorry

I had used Geico for years on my HD's and trucks. I also used Geico for my '08 Yamaha FJR and they had a decent enough price for that bike I didn't look else where. But when Geico started my new Busa policy it went up to $900! And this is with 33 yrs. of riding experience and having no tickets or accidents since forever. After surfing around the various Busa forums I started to check on other insurance companies especially SF. Well Progressive quoted me a price of $1800+ :rofl:, but SF was just under $500, :cheerleader: :thumbsup:!!! And after talking to a local SF agent he got it down to under $300 when I switched my truck over where I also saved 50%. So now I'm paying under $300 for my Busa and $119 (6 Mo.) for my truck. Plus after my SF Busa policy is a few weeks old the agent can switch my Busa to "withdrawn from use" for the Winter when my Busa's in storage and I'll save an additional 60% off during that time, and I can get my Busa out of storage anytime I want and go back to the regular rate. SF ROCKS!!!

Until you reach that magic number 25 where we all start driving safe from that day on (sarcasm). Your rates will stay high. Statefarm for me is $500 for the year.

Hopefully you have a clean record so you'll atleast have a chance to find a good deal.

Good luck!:beerchug:

State Farm should give all of us a discount for the free advertisment.

Unfortunately rates will remain expensive until you get a little older (25+). Expect to get a better package if you insure your car, boat, home as well.
Good luck

Another one for SF. $600 a year for full coverage, didn't blink an eye when my Busa disappeared, didn't raise my rates. In fact my Buell was even lower.

Unfortunately you're going to get ripped at your age, best you can do is minimize the damages.

Back