INSURANCE

shortcut

Donating Member
Registered
when i took delivery of my busa a got a binder # from state farm b4 i even left the dealership. they quoted me $297/6 mos. well- 3 weeks later they cancelled me because i don't have my other vehicles insured with them. my harley is insured with progressive. $325/yr. full coverage. i spent all last week getting quotes for the busa. anywhere from $1700 to $3500 and some will not even quote a hayabusa. i'm 60 years old,no violations,no accidents. anyone else have insurance problems?

Try Geico Motorcycle. Mine is $800 a year with them. State Farm was cheaper on the bike as well as my truck and the wife's car but they were going to rape us on my son's truck(17 years old). Would have ended up costing more to go with SF.

By the way Progressive quoted me $2800 on the bike. They are NUTS!!!

Yeah, I think Geico is about the same as State Farm,
I have State Farm for 1200 a year. Texas seems to be quite a bit higher then other states.

Check this discussion out.

(BusaBret @ May 23 2007,05:35) Try Geico Motorcycle. Mine is $800 a year with them. State Farm was cheaper on the bike as well as my truck and the wife's car but they were going to rape us on my son's truck(17 years old). Would have ended up costing more to go with SF.

By the way Progressive quoted me $2800 on the bike. They are NUTS!!!
Geico quoted me over double what Progressive did.

We were lucky with Progressive...got 3 cars and 2 bikes with them and they've always been reasonable...we've got a multi-car/bike discount, discount for taking the MSF course, good driving, etc...

I hear great things about State Farm...keep looking around because a better deal is out there...
smile.gif

I'm a agent for a Farmers and they will insure the busa and it will be a great price. You will get a better deal if you insure everything thru them. Farmers hasn't had a rate increase on Harley's for 30 years! Try them!

(longandlow @ May 23 2007,09:54) I'm a agent for a Farmers and they will insure the busa and it will be a great price. You will get a better deal if you insure everything thru them. Farmers hasn't had a rate increase on Harley's for 30 years! Try them!
I have all my insurance through Farmers, and when I went to them for a quote on the Busa, I was quite pleased. Around $500/yr for full coverage. It was better than I thought. They did say it helped that I have a clean record, turned 35, and am married.

Our rates are very good if you don't have a lot of tickets! But that's with any insurance company. If you haven't tried us then you should call agent today!

(longandlow @ May 23 2007,07:54) I'm a agent for a Farmers and they will insure the busa and it will be a great price. You will get a better deal if you insure everything thru them. Farmers hasn't had a rate increase on Harley's for 30 years! Try them!
hey- thx for the referal. found an agent in jacksonville alabama. will check it out tommorrow. state farm cancels on 5/27 so i have time.

I just took out insurance also. Here in Ohio this is what I was quoted. 35 years old, no tickets for over 10 years..

State Min of 15/25/15 coverage with $1000 deduct.
Progressive= $2900 a year
Geico= $800 a year

I went to state Farm and they go by the motor size in CC and not what brand.

for 100k/300k/100k coverage with $250 deduct. it was $330 a year. Hell they even got me a better deal on my 04 Silverado..

+1 one on state farm. with them u do have to have one vehicle insured with them in order to get a motorcycle policy, but i can tell you that u will save money on both your vehicle and your bike!!! i pay 167/month through state farm and that covers my car and my bike. bein 23yo, i was blown away with their price considering progressive quoted me over $4k/yr.

hell, after finding out what i was paying, my parents even switched everythign over to state farm after being with the same insurance company for over 20 yrs and they saved almost 50 percent over there previous insurance rates.

i have progressive @ a little over $95 a month, full coverage. i think something got messed up with your form or something. dont let them talk you into a bunch of coverage you dont need.
all my other ins. is with allstate but they quoted me like $2800 yr. on the bike.
BTW geico was a close second for the same coverage.

im some where around $450/year full coverage, $1000 ded, and one massive speeding ticket, im 38 with a clean liscense other than that ticket. the company i use forgives one ticket, thank god but i believe one accident you're screwed. if you live in pa. and want a great rate on just about any bike pm me and ill give you the agents name/#

Hey guys, Just a heads up I just learned this today! State Farm, All state and American Family rate are all going up whn you renew or if you start any new business with them.

well it took me weeks and weeks of shopping but it finally paid off. state farm wins my business. 50000/100000/50000 $500 deduct. $400/yr
super.gif

BTW-THIS IS FULL COVERAGE COMP & COLL INCL.

Good on you. Just paid my next 6 mo. w/ SF today....$141.15 for 6 mo. (have 07' and 04' auto policies with them as well). That's at 250/500/250 w/ $1000 ded. C&C (I'm required to have 250/500/250 coverage for my $1M liability policy).

I don't know why anyone would have less than $500 for C&C. Once you make a C&C claim they will raise your premiums. In the long run you're better off paying out of pocket...it doesn't take much to get to your $500 or $1000 ded. for new parts and service with this bike.

(longandlow @ May 24 2007,12:08) Hey guys, Just a heads up I just learned this today! State Farm, All state and American Family rate are all going up whn you renew or if you start any new business with them.
hey longandlow- fyi farmers here in alabama quoted $1800/yr thru foremost motorcycle insurance. nice people though and they weren't the highest
eek2.gif

Back