Checked with my local
insurance company . . .

My cost dropped
to $750 / year
full coverage .

I am sticking with
liability for now . . .

:moon:

I dont even think about a trip to the insurance broker without being fully equipped ....

It can be rough.We have mandatory insurrance here to get on the road,but you can get your extra's through private companies.The base cost is based on CC's which to me makes no sense.Way more crashes involving the squids on their first-time 600's than the old farts like me on our huge cc Harley's,Metric cruisers and Busa's. The first responders around here refer to the squids as "customers" thats how the call goes out with volunteer fire depts. etc. I have 40+ years on the road so this entitles me to a 43% discount on basic insurance,whoopie-fuggin-ding. It is a huge fight with ICBC a now private racket [used to be gub'ment run] to make a claim.When I got smoked by a drunk driver they offered me 4 grand for my bike.That pissed me off,so I hired a lawyer who proceeded to get me near what I was asking. I asked for 10 grand.The insurrance company then,not wanting to give in ever...cut me a cheque for $9,800.oo too funny. The ensuing lawsuit [never would have hired a lawyer if not for getting f'd-around for my bike] cost them plenty. Dumb. Lesson learned:
If Blue-Book value is below what you have in it,which in our cases as fanatical Busa owners do what I did.Go to your local bro's who own bike shops and get some appraisles done on their company letterhead signed by owners/managers/techs listing what they feel replacement value is. You pay more on premiums but its well worth it. My declared value is more than I have in it. In other words,if my ride is stolen,written-off,catches fire,etc...I'll get more than I paid. Just another useless 2 cents from RubberSideDown.
Have a crash thats your fault....

Around here there are more crashes on the old guys and their 1000lb 2 wheeled mini buses than young people on their sport bikes.

Most young people can't afford to ride....and the motorcycle industry is feeling that pain.

Insurance is big $ for sure. I would still buy it thou even if it were optional like it is/was in some places. I just can't imagine what genius would go out on today's roads without the best insurance one could possible get/afford. I was in my garage once,yup,a little drunk,sitting on my Gen I and was asking my buddy how stupid he had to be to not put his kickstand out far enuff to stop his bike from falling over.[no biggie,he had a VFR] LOL. You can imagine how the rest of this story goes. DOH! Anything can my friends...sometimes even by your own hand.

Insurance is big $ for sure. I would still buy it thou even if it were optional like it is/was in some places. I just can't imagine what genius would go out on today's roads without the best insurance one could possible get/afford. I was in my garage once,yup,a little drunk,sitting on my Gen I and was asking my buddy how stupid he had to be to not put his kickstand out far enuff to stop his bike from falling over.[no biggie,he had a VFR] LOL. You can imagine how the rest of this story goes. DOH! Anything can my friends...sometimes even by your own hand.
Luckily my insurance is dirt cheap (so to speak)...I would really be thinking long and hard about motorcycling if my insurance was some crazy price though. Our season is pretty short around here...

I'm sure the thieves would climb over a ZX14 with the key in it to steal a Busa with every locking device available.

Back