insurance

reebz

Registered
I just joined a few days ago and have been lurking. I don't have a 'Busa, yet, hopefully soon. I went to look at Ron's (ThrasherFox, I think) today. Very nice bike and it sounds awesome. He's done a lot of mods on it. I think I probably would want something more stock to start with. I've been riding an LC1500 Intruder for about five years and recently been feeling an itch for a sport bike. I have insurance with Drive(Progressive) and just paid $141 for a year for coverage. I got an online quote to add a 'Busa and my premium would increase to about $1700 a year. I'm curious as to everyone's insurance situation. How much and with what company?

Thanks in advance.

the short and sweet of it will be to get insurance from state farm or farm burea.
most of us with state farm pay 400/500 a year.

state farm ,569 a year full coverage ,
super.gif
they also saved me a boat load on all else i had insured

State Farm, $34 a month for the busa.  I am 25 years old and married with a clean record.  I also have 2 cars and renters insurance with them. They actually put my wife as the primary driver of the busa (she is 27), even though she doesn't know how to start it.

AAA Here, $90.00 a month for full coverage. Best I have ever gotten.
beerchug.gif

I'll endorse State Farm too. (I hate Progressive, just had to drop that in here as well!)

Also, Ron's Busa is one of the better bikes I've seen out there. I absolutely love the sound of that bike!

--Wag--

State Farm $1200 full coverage annually $120 Liability annually.

Some have lower State Farm but i am told by my agent it has to do with population of County?? Dayum I need to move to hickville to cut bike insurance in half.

Liberty Mutual Insurance. 33 years old, 1 speeding ticket, 1 illegal passing ticket. Full coverage insurance, with $1,000 deductibles. I pay $439 per year for my 2006 busa.

I also have Liberty Mutual policies for my cars, with $250 deductibles. My 2004 Ford F150 is $600 per year, and my 2006 Ford Explorer is $600 per year.

Progressive Insurance was raping me. I was paying $1,700 per year for the busa, and $800 each for my vehicles. It pays to shop around!!!

Hey Reebz -

Thanks for coming by and looking at the bike..

I think telling you I had both wheels off the ground at 140mph scared ya!!  lol

no worries
biggrin.gif

Yeah... $1700 a year is a bad quote. You and I are near the same age, same driving record. you should be able to get it under $600.00 per year.

And I have full coverage.

As I told you I have Geico..

Good luck and thanks again for coming by.

By the way everyone.. Reez comes by to look at the bike and the fricken battery is dead lol..

Have had the bike since 2003 and NEVER had a battery problem, first day someone comes by to look at it and the battery is dead..

Think it is Karama that I am not supposed to sell it or something lol

(BlueHaya @ Nov. 13 2006,08:58) Some have lower State Farm but i am told by my agent it has to do with population of County??   Dayum I need to move to hickville to cut bike insurance in half.
come on over, we have room here, one of the benfits of living in a town that roles up the sidewalk at dusk.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I just contacted a local State Farm agent and was given a quote of $415, for a six month policy. That's with approx. $100,000, $250,000, and $50,000 coverage. I also contacted Geico and was given a quote of $877 a year with similar coverages. I'll still look further, though.

(reebz @ Nov. 13 2006,15:34) Thanks for all the helpful replies.  I just contacted a local State Farm agent and was given a quote of $415, for a six month policy.  That's with approx. $100,000, $250,000, and $50,000 coverage.  I also contacted Geico and was given a quote of $877 a year with similar coverages.  I'll still look further, though.
make sure to get a quote with State Farm combining all of your insurances ('Busa, cars, homeowners, etc.) it should drop the 'Busa payments a little more...good luck

I contacted California Casualty, who has my homeowners and auto coverage. I wasn't sure they did motorcycle coverage, but they did and I got a quote of $649 for the year. I could live with that.

I have Allstate home owners and my cars insured, But they wouldnt insure the Busa, They told me some bikes we cant insure and the Busa is one of them

I also have Allstate- for my autos-- They wanted 1800/yr for the Busa-- NOT on the same policy. 2k deductable. I got quotes from $4500- to 1800. Currently only carry GL-which doesn't sit well with me. I guess I need to move to hicksville too.

I also have Allstate- for my autos-- They wanted 1800/yr for the Busa-- NOT on the same policy. 2k deductable. I got quotes from $4500- to 1800. Currently only carry GL-which doesn't sit well with me. I guess I need to move to hicksville too.

I checked with mutliple places myself, was looking at yearly quotes in the range of $2k+. Then contacted State Farm, they quoted me for $632 a year.

Back