Help with insurance....

gaby

Registered
I was searching for insurance, and with progressive you get a good deal. I'm still waiting for state farm answer. My question is
1. If you don't take the collision cover.
2. What if you say that your bike is 600cc.

What could happen?
by the way during my search using my wife she is 30 and with $1000 deductible wiht collision coverage it was about $900 a year. With out collision coverage it was about $161 a year. With collision and a 600cc engine $600 a year.

DSC00419.JPG

I'm not sure what procedure insurance companies use but they were able to tell me it was a 1300 cc motorcycle.
I would not take a chance running around without collision coverage. But, hey State Farm has very reasonable rates.

Gaby,
In getting quotes, you are giving them basic info; when you buy the policy, you will have to provide lots of info - specifically the VIN which will tell them you have a 1300, not a 600. If you lie to them, they will lie back...don't do it. Collision is a sticky animal. Collision covers you and your bike in the event that you, in any way ,cause the accident. For example. If you pull out in front of someone and they have the right of way, you make contact with the car and your bike is totaled, they will pay to fix the car; THEY WILL NOT FIX YOUR BIKE. If you have collision then they will fix your bike regardless of fault. Are you planning to finance your bike? If so, your lender will have insurance requirements - you may want to find out if you can afford the insurance that they require.....if you cannot, the Busa may not be the right bike for you. State Farm has good rates, I would also check Geico. I hope everything works out.

Yeah I get it. The collision is the way to go with bike insurance. I wasn't planning to lie to them I was just wondering If there was another way to play with the insurance other than the cc's of the bike, because the cc's make a great diference in the policy money wise. I'm supose to recive a call from state farm today. Any way if you get a good cuote from geico let me know, I have my vehicles with them.

Thank You guys..

ps this is what I bought to my wife.

DSC00422.JPG

I pay around $900 a year right now for full coverage with State Farm, and I'm 23. My agent tells me that it will be cut by more than half once I turn 25. Can't wait for that.

A state farm agent is goin to call me tomorow I let you guys know the coute numbers.

DSC00424.JPG

I am an "old guy" with no tickets and no accidents for the last 5 years+ and State farm has me paying about 780 a year. Hope that helps.

I pay $450 a year for Full coverage with Towing with Auto-Owners Ins. I have the Harley with State Farm and pay about the same. I'm 36 with a few Policemens ball invitations under my belt. The deal comes when you insure MANY things with the Co. Contact all of the Agents again and get a "Whole House" quote. ( house, all cars, all bikes etc.) You may find yourself saving Hundreds
biggrin.gif

I pay 425.00 a year with nationwide for full coverage in VA. I am 31 and married.

I pay f'in $850 a yr for full coverage

24 yr old single male.
laugh.gif

state farm called me and the cuote was $442 a year but with my bad luck the cuote should be done within a month of the bike purchase. any way Iam going to use geico $1400 for both bikes and within 6 months change to state farm..

DSC00416.JPG

wow i need to get back to my old insurance it was 320 a year full coverage with 200 dollar detuctable but you could have no tickets was really nice then i got a couple tickets now i pay 600 dollar liablity through progressive ugg
wink.gif

I have Allstate now and they wont even cover a Busa .. I later went over to State farm and got a quote.. $357 for 6 months.. Full coverage .. with $500 deductable .. not bad at all considering that other companys want over a $1000 for 6 months. I was paying 472 for 6 months for my SV1000S at All State ..  im 23 now.. not married, no tickets or accidents. (knock on wood)

<!--EDIT|808Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113601305 -->

Hey IL busa what kind of deductable do you have. Im 24 married and pay about 1200 a year for full coverage witha a 500 dollar deductable

Back