Proper fit on a Hayabusa

Find a cheap Kawasaki 500R. They are pretty resiliant to being dropped/sliding and have good geometry for a shorter rider. Got my wifes up to 120. Light, inexpensive, short seat height, basic sportbike. I take the lil ninja out for a spin then hop on the busa for contrast. That poor ninja500 has slid down the asphalt on both sides with very minor wounds. Im glad it wasnt a full fairing $10k+ machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

:welcome: to the .org

Lots of great advice from lots of great riders. Most of the folks on this board are the best riders I've had the opportunity to meet or associate with. They will not steer you wrong by no means. Listen, practice what they preach, Listen some more and then Listen some more.

I started on a Honda Interceptor long ago. Yeah up and down the street. Never in traffic.
Then got a GSXR-600 for practicing and work and back.
I got my busa about a year after that. It was an 06. I wrecked it being stupid. I have an 08 now and love it. I'm 5'7 3/4" Tall. I can flat foot the bike without it being lowered. You would need to lower the bike for you to flat foot it just like Va Busa said. Lowering isn't all that bad. Just like everyone said you will drop the bike(no matter what you may think) it is ok, it happens. It is expensive to fix. Maybe look on ebay for parts like plastics fairings for the busa, sprokets, wheels, gauges, springs, etc.. this gives you an idea how much things cost.

Take the MSF Course for sure(NO EXCUSES ON THIS)
Get the proper gear(FULL FACE HELMET, GLOVES(over the wrist would be best), Over the Ankle boots, Leather Jacket, Riding jeans or leather pants)
Practice riding up and down the street, then around the block, then another block. (BEST IN EMPTY PARKING LOT)
When it gets hot out us girls have a tendency to get very aggravated quickly. A heavy bike does not help this situation. Patience is a big factor and control.
Respect this bike like nothing you have ever respected before.
Throttle isn't a toy like on a dirt bike or 4 wheeler. Touch this throttle and you are in the next state. (Ok maybe not but you are going somewhere fast)
Make sure that you are willing to pick this bike up. It's heavy and umm I still need help.

I really would also recommend that you get a smaller bike to start with. You don't just start jump in the water at the deep end if you can't swim.

GSXR 600, R6, GSF500, Katana 600, etc go to the biggest shop in your area sit on all these bikes for size, weight, feel, comfort level, leaning forward ability, gauge cluster controls then ask yourself if you are comfortable on this bike. Do you like the way it's set up. Do you like the gauges. Do you like the way the bars feel in your hands. Are you leaning to much or not enough. Do you have to hold yourself up with your hands on the bars. Just a thought. I'm babbling now. Just enjoy the ride and choose wisely. Don't jump in the deep end if you can't swim. The fact that you wanna ride is awesome. Just do it safely so that you are having fun. :thumbsup:

You fell in love with the looks of the Hayabusa???, you have good taste.
As far as a first bike, I`ll share my thought on where I think everyone should start out, and that would be on a small dirtbike/enduro. If you went with an small enduro (enduro is a bike that has some on and off road capabilities and can be liscensed for street) then you could take the MSF course with it.
Dirtbikes/Enduros can be found fairly cheap, they are fairly durable (able to take a `spill`), and cheap to repair. Gear up, long sleeves, helmet, gloves and boots, take it somewhere offraoad and have fun....take a spill here and there (notice I didnt say crash....thats a scary word) dust youself off, pick the bike up and get back on...repeat...best to go with someone who has some experience...in this way I think a novice rider can learn much in a short amount of time with minimal physical hurt and hurt on the pocketbook.
As far as being able to ever handle a Hayabusa? You betcha...like others have said, they can be modified/lowered a little..it really is a tame machine if your easy on the throttle and keep the RPM`s down.
Hope to see ya around.
Oh yeah, I may have opened myself up for a flaming on this opinion,...but thats all it is my `opinion`..prolly many a rider here that can ride circles around me and never threw a leg over a dirtbike....it`s just how I learned..thats all.

If i lower the rear 2 inch do i have lower the front on a 08 hayabusa.

No, you don't have to, but it won't steer very well with the extra rake if you don't. I recommend a 3/4" Soupys' spacer at the very least. And welcome aboard :welcome:

Slam it on the ground like so it's like your sitting on a toilet. Mines about 8inches lower.
6c671503.jpg

As far as for a first bike, if you can get it low enough where its comfertable, and you know you can exercise self control on the throttle, get one. Why spend the money twice starting with somthing small. After your first year your gonna hate a small bike, and be pissed when you gotta re sell it at a loss to upgrade. just take the plastics off when your first learn how to ride.

Buy a used EX250, EX500 or 650R, see if you like riding, learn the fundamentals on a light weight bike that is easy to control, and is less money to repair when you drop it.

Then after a year or so, sell the smaller bike for not much less than you paid for it and upgrade.

Just get it and take it easy for a while "C" mode. I'm guessing that it is slow I'm scared of using it and upsetting my busa.

First off, :welcome:, I would say under no circumstances should a hayabusa be a beginner bike, it's like packing your own parachute for your first skydive. At your size and experience, an SV650 or something similar would be a better choice. As previously said, it's not a beginner bike in any shape or form, it is large and very heavy, I have oh $&@" moments occasionally and I'm 6'0 200lbs. It may not be what you want to hear, but I'm just trying to look out for you and give you a real heads up.

:laugh: she hasnt been back since june so i think she was decidedly driven away and scared off.

Back