Fitting alarms on the Busa

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Gents, I am after some advice about fitting a decent alarm on the Busa please. I have read some threads on here about plug and play looms available however I can find little or no information online. Most decent systems cos around £300 and can vary with inclusive fitting or fitting costs on top.

Im afraid some dealers here are not very competant with wiring products and I really dont want to have it bodged as I am a bit of a perfectionist.

What Thatcham approved system is best for the Busa and how easy is it to fit..?

Beast.

Welcome to the oRg. I have a Gorilla Alarm with 2 way pager and touch sensors. Its decent but not as nice as the Scorpios. Lots of folks run the Scorpios. If you really want full protection, get you a Lojack system. :welcome:

:welcome: to the org!

A Scorpion i1100 rlink is a great way to go. You can get the suzuki factory connector for it. It was a very easy install.

:beerchug:

Welcome to the org! I have a Scorpio SR-i500 and I got the plug and play loom with it, I did have it installed by a dealer I trust (Malcolm Smith) and it is outstanding with all the bells and whistles. I also got the enhanced LoJack which sends you an alert if the bike has been moved, I get a phone call to my cell and home plus txt message to my cell and emails to work and home....talk about full coverage. There is reported to be a 20 min. delay from the movement to the alert but that has not happened when I have tested the system. I can't even move the bike from the garage to the driveway without the "fob" and within minutes I am getting the messages. Might not prevent a thief from getting the bike but you stand a good chance of recovery or at least having the cops catch the perps. Oh yeah, I also have a RoadLok...layered defense. Can't stop them but it makes it tough for a quick clean get-a-way. :laugh:

fitting a decent alarm on the Busa

Beast, one of the more common alarms with members here is the i900 Scorpio. As for wiring, we supply the Busa wire harness for free. Just plug it in.

There's also a really detailed thread floating around here somewhere on the install too. Someone will dig it up.

Buy Now: Scorpio Motorcycle Alarms for Bikes Security System | Pashnit Moto

SR_i900_4_420.jpg

SR_i900_4_420.jpg

Have both the Scorpio i500 and i900 and they work great. Install was very easy for both. They are a bit pricey if you get all the bells and whistles, but I think they are worth it.

I use Internatrix, has remote pager, shock sensor and perimeter by microwave. Less than 1/2 the price, but not plug and play, you need to be able to work with a wiring diagram. I preferred doing it this way, as it allowed me to install it the way I wanted it.

Anyone gets into my bike, it will take them some time to figure out how to get it going, as the control unit and wiring is hidden.

Last edited:
Back