Does a 200 rear tire fit on the Hayabusa?

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, I have a problem, I have a 2002 Busa, it is stretched 9 inches and slammed and it currently has a 190 pilot power on it. I purchased a new set of tires today, the rear tire is a 200 instead of the 190. The only problem I have, is that I don't think it will fit my bike. My 190 rubbed on my chain untill we adjusted it and i wore in. Now it's still so very close to hitting without the 200 installed. I know the 200 will fit, but I was told to put spacers between the sprocket to move the sprocket out a bit? Any Ideas, or have you had this problem?

11111111.jpg

I ran a 200 on Bessie and never had any clearance problems....

No - no strech, but not sure why that would make a difference?
rock.gif

I don't know, All I know is when my busa stretched, it came closer to the chain,

Cody

What 190? My Pilots measure 198mm if I remember correctly. They are as wide as the 200 Dunlop I pulled off of it.

I have put multiple 200's with a stretch on Busa's your fine will work no problem just ake sure your chain adjusteres are equal and you are good to go. Happy riding.

The stock BT56J that comes on the bike measures 198. I have ran 10 of thousands of miles with a 200 on the rear. Make sure that the rear tire is aligned right.

I'm running a 200 Dunlop this time around and have run several Bridgestone 200's before this with no clearance issues.

But ... I'm not stretched either (I wouldn't think that would make a difference - not doubting you though)

I'm running a Metzler Sportec M1 200. I'm not stretched with no clearance problems. I can fit my little finger between chair & tire.

Wow!!! A little finger? I don't have that much space! You could put a 50 cent piece between mine, that's all on my 190 pilot power
bowdown.gif
!

(Gunnybusa @ Jan. 09 2007,06:48) The stock BT56J that comes on the bike measures 198. I have ran 10 of thousands of miles with a 200 on the rear. Make sure that the rear tire is aligned right.
What he said . I've also ran some pirelli Diablos in 200 without a hitch.

Back