Does anyone have a 200 shinko tire

Lady Ice

Girl with a Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I almost got a 200 Shinko tire but was worried about how close it will get to the chain. Right now with the factory 190 tire the gap between the tire and chain looks like just a quarter of a inch. So if I go 200 am I pushing it..???

N2050 has one on his Busa.
PM him and he will let you how it is.
I know he has not had any clearance problems so far.
And it does look bigger than a 190 by far, very noticable...

David

The stock BT-56 Measures 198 mm even though it says it's a 190. I have run many 200's and have never had a problem.

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: "fat fingers"|1143042561 -->

The advantage to me is the look of a wider tire plus it has a bigger flat spot for more contact on the road..

Now Gunny is your bike extented?

I have a shinko 200 that I got from Dylan at aggressive edge. No problem with clearance. Love the tire, lasts forever just takes a little longer to warm up. Peace Out
-Nick

How does it affect the handling? I love taking the twisties, granted it looks good, but if affects handling...prolly not for me.

Ok guys I just took a pic, Now tell me what ya think. Should I go 200...

DSC00044.JPG

here is a better pic...Keep it mind that the factory tire is more round and a Shinko is flatter. I don't know I am just a girl, haha.. Ya tell me ..

DSC00045.JPG

I have run 200's on my 02 and never had them rub. I ran the HPX in a 200 and the BT-14 as well as the BT-020 They will take longer to lean over in the twisty though.

right now I have a shinko 009 raven 190/50/17 and there is not much clearance between the tire and chain. The shinko 190 should be called a 200.

I have run 200's Shinko 005 was one of the types. I also use larger rims RC Component Warlocks. You will be fine. Shinko is also a flater tire. The stock tires are 198's so look at tires for your type of riding also.

One more question before I go for it, now I will leave the front factory so will it affect my ride or any thing having two different tread pattern tires???

Thank you thank you very much for the info.. Hope it works out, if not look in classified section for 200 shinko for sale, hehehehe...

Back