Proper fit on a Hayabusa

and insurance be everyone goes down and its better to pay deductable and increase in insurance then trying to pay $4k-5k for new plastics
Oh, yeah, let's not forget insurance for the Busa, especially for a newbie!

Something sounds a little "fishy" with your first post ??? .........but welcome anyways :beerchug:
BTW I'm 6'2 with a 34 inch inseam....how do you have the same only being 5'2? That means with a 39 inch inseam from your waist down, you only have 1 ft 11 inches of body (including your head) from the waist up??
HAHAHA.............I was thinking the same thing. I'm also 6-2 with a 34 inseam. I mean, I like a gal with long legs, but this is takin' it beyond the limits! YIKES!!!

at a 34 inch inseam you shouldnt have issues with the seat height... 34 is a lot of leg for 5'2... im 6'4 with 36 lol.... as its been said might not be the best bike for a beginner because of the power and weight... i think more because of the weight tho... gen 2 busas have the mode selector on them and c mode dumbs the power down to like 115 horse (or so ive been told) i rode mine home in c mode, and found the power very manageable, and had i known about the mode selector in 09 when i got my first bike, i probably would have gone with a busa for the first instead of the vulcan 900 i had...ultimately its your decision with any bike you are going to have to be careful, wear proper gear and all that... personally i dont see a problem with a busa as a first bike as long as you are responsible with the throttle, on a side note, i have only had my busa for about 2 weeks now, i find that the power on tap can get you out of trouble just as easily as it can get you in trouble, there has been a few times ive had people start to move over into my lane, and jamming the breaks wouldnt have worked due to tailgaters (doesnt seem to matter how fast or slow i go they all wanna drive a close as the can to me and im not one for excessive speeds in town), the only option was to open it up and get outta dodge, and honestly a"beginner bike" like a cbr250 wouldnt have had the jam to do it in time... just my 2 cents

Hey, y'all are scarin' me and I've been riding big bore sport bikes for almost 30 years.

Seriously, I would not recommend the Busa as a first bike either. It can be done as others have said, and still others have proven, but you will have more fun learning on something lighter. Definitely take the MSF course and get the proper gear.

Let us know what you end up with. I'm still looking for a good starter bike for my wife.

Hey, y'all are scarin' me and I've been riding big bore sport bikes for almost 30 years.

Seriously, I would not recommend the Busa as a first bike either. It can be done as others have said, and still others have proven, but you will have more fun learning on something lighter. Definitely take the MSF course and get the proper gear.

Let us know what you end up with. I'm still looking for a good starter bike for my wife.

Mrs BW started on a Honda Shadow 750 ACE. In fact, its still sitting in the garage if anyone is looking for a good starter bike :whistle:

Is it RSD playing everyone??? Not like he never did that? :whistle: LOL!

Anyway, welcome to the .org!

Well I guess I can put my 2 cent in here too.

My suggestion is take the safety course before buying any bike. Most beginner courses supply you with a bike during training (usually a 250 rebel). Bikes are great fun but are not for everybody. You have never driven a bike and don't know anyone with a bike so you may be terrified once you move on one. I would hate to pay 13k for something I was afraid of.
After the course if you still want a bike then I personally would not recommend the busa as a first bike, it is something to build up to. Yeah the weight is pretty heavy but really once a bike starts over its over 200 lbs is not going to make much of a difference when your trying to stop it from falling. The main thing is the power that these things have, if you are an adrenaline junkie (like most of us on the org) then it will be hard to control the throttle once you go WFO for the first time. It will be scary but all you will want to do is do it again. The main thing is be honest with yourself here because it is your life that is at stake you need to be comfortable on what ever you get. And don't get it thinking you will get use to it or build up to it. You will have too much to be focused on while driving to not be comfortable while riding. If you have attitude problems and like to release pressure by driving fast or if you have bad road rage and are angered easily when someone cuts you off or pulls out in front of you then you will run into problems. It takes alot of respect and self control to operate any motorcycle properly and that self control is tested nearly on a daily basis on a Busa.

All that being said, I started like you I wanted a Busa because of the looks I didn't know anything about the power they had, yet. Then the dealer said he wouldn't sell it to me because it was too big for a first bike. Said he wanted my money but he also wanted me to come back to spend it. I started on a 06 Honda Shadow traded after 4000 miles to a 06 Suzuki Katana 600 traded after 6500 miles to a 07 Busa I now have 53,000 miles on it and I have never seen a bike I would give mine for. Going through those other bikes did end up costing me alot more money, but I am still here to pay it off and in about 3 - 4 months the Busa WILL BE MINE!!!

Oh and a side note the right side panel is $535.00 and thats with a 10% discount. Even a light tip over will crack it with the weight of the busa :banghead:

OK....so here's my .02 cents...usually worth about .03

Lots of good advice here but there ARE some MUST DO's before anything else.

1. Take the MSF Course it WILL help you greatly.
2. Buy GOOD gear, regardless, ATGATT
3. Find someone to help you learn AFTER the MSF course. Maybe someone from the Org lives near you and would be willing to spend time teaching you some ksills beyond the MSF. I believe all newbs should have a "mentor" for afew months, Ive taught lots of people how to ride like that so reach out to someone, like I said, maybe a fellow Orgster would be happy to help you.
4. Get what you want, but respect what you get.
5. KNOW your own abilities and weaknesses and be honest with YOURSELF first.
6. Practice makes perfect, even with bikes, especially with bikes...
7. We are here to help, not discourage.
8. Ultimately do what makes YOU happy. You only get 1 go-round...unless you're Shirley McClaine in which then you get like 250 lifetimes:laugh:

And finally. welcome to the Org, we hope to have you around and keep you around. Reach out and we will be there.
:welcome:
Lycan Out

KK ,my turn....Christina, I am very close to tour height and weight. My first bike waaaaay back was a Rebel 250 and I worked my way up to the busa. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTACES BUY A BUSA AS YOUR FIRST BIKE.

I am not going to sugar-coat anything for you, I tell it straight up,girl. The bike is very heavy for a small female to deal with,wether it be rolling it in the garage,riding slowly though a parking lot, or heaving off the kickstand.

Mine is lowered about an inch and I have Heli-bars on it that bring the bars closer to me and it's still a stretch to the bars. The front end weight is formidable,so much so that I have just about had enough of slogging the bike around.

YOU WILL DROP THE BIKE. Let me say it again....YOU WILL DROP THE BIKE.

Not once,but prolly twice,but I figure the first drop will be enough to crush your confidence and will bring tears to your eyes to see how much damage a single drop can do.

I can pick up my bike myself, if there are bags on it,can you? I don't think so. Ever tried to pick up a bike when it's laying flat on the ground? Good luck squatting it up.

If you are waiting for me to say" Go girl" I will. I always love to see more gals on bikes and support them in any way I can. But I cannot support a decsion like this because I speak from experience.

Part of motorcycling is sharing and learning from other more experienced riders. And passing on your experiences,good and bad.

Don't get me wrong, I love my bike, but latley the sheer size and weight of it is wearing me down and this is my third busa.

I realize that this is a busa site and we all love our bikes, but to any members here supporting this girl's idea of a busa for a first bike should recant thier words,give thier heads a shake, and support only the descion to ride not the choice of a completly inappropriate bike.

I don't care if you feel this is harsh or un-warrented,she asked for an opinion and here is mine. And I feel it is much more on the mark. I find guys just don't have any idea what it is like for a small female to ride a busa.

Seriously, you don't. Again, I speak from experience.

Like I said, I am not going to sugar coat anything or give a warm and fuzzy hug. I am a bit*h,so what? I am hoping to scare her away from what could be a potentially life threatening choice, not with "could be's or possibly's" but with " will be's".

Nonetheless, welcome to the org. and feel free to pm me with any questions or observations. I really am a nice person, just ask the 2 people here on this site who almost like me!!!!

( Gimme a sec, I am trying to think who they are......:laugh: )

KK ,my turn....Christina, I am very close to tour height and weight. My first bike waaaaay back was a Rebel 250 and I worked my way up to the busa. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTACES BUY A BUSA AS YOUR FIRST BIKE.

I am not going to sugar-coat anything for you, I tell it straight up,girl. The bike is very heavy for a small female to deal with,wether it be rolling it in the garage,riding slowly though a parking lot, or heaving off the kickstand.

Mine is lowered about an inch and I have Heli-bars on it that bring the bars closer to me and it's still a stretch to the bars. The front end weight is formidable,so much so that I have just about had enough of slogging the bike around.

YOU WILL DROP THE BIKE. Let me say it again....YOU WILL DROP THE BIKE.

Not once,but prolly twice,but I figure the first drop will be enough to crush your confidence and will bring tears to your eyes to see how much damage a single drop can do.

I can pick up my bike myself, if there are bags on it,can you? I don't think so. Ever tried to pick up a bike when it's laying flat on the ground? Good luck squatting it up.

If you are waiting for me to say" Go girl" I will. I always love to see more gals on bikes and support them in any way I can. But I cannot support a decsion like this because I speak from experience.

Part of motorcycling is sharing and learning from other more experienced riders. And passing on your experiences,good and bad.

Don't get me wrong, I love my bike, but latley the sheer size and weight of it is wearing me down and this is my third busa.

I realize that this is a busa site and we all love our bikes, but to any members here supporting this girl's idea of a busa for a first bike should recant thier words,give thier heads a shake, and support only the descion to ride not the choice of a completly inappropriate bike.

I don't care if you feel this is harsh or un-warrented,she asked for an opinion and here is mine. And I feel it is much more on the mark. I find guys just don't have any idea what it is like for a small female to ride a busa.

Seriously, you don't. Again, I speak from experience.

Like I said, I am not going to sugar coat anything or give a warm and fuzzy hug. I am a bit*h,so what? I am hoping to scare her away from what could be a potentially life threatening choice, not with "could be's or possibly's" but with " will be's".

Nonetheless, welcome to the org. and feel free to pm me with any questions or observations. I really am a nice person, just ask the 2 people here on this site who almost like me!!!!

( Gimme a sec, I am trying to think who they are......:laugh: )

:thumbsup: And you never put your bar risers on? They really help, especially with the heli-bars. I'm 5'10" and hated the lean to the bars without both. I can only imagine being smaller and riding alot, no thanks.

Between the risers and the Heli-bars, I had to shave my windscreen already. The reserviors on both sides were hitting and even now with the scren changed it's pretty darn close.

The reach is better though, at least my elbows aren't in constant lookout now. I just got back from 6 days of riding the twisties in WV/VA/SE Ohio and holy crap, it was hard hard work slugging that bike through the switchbacks.

With a 55 litre topbox and 2 41 litres givi bags on as well.....

You are welcome and please stay whether you purchase the Busa or not - eventually you may get there.

Let me ask you 2 questions:

1. Have you taken the MSF yet?
2. Can you pick up a 600 plus pound bike if you drop it (or get out from under it if it falls on you)?

I suspect the answer to both is no. If you've taken the MSF (and DO take it on one of their little bikes) you'll find out just how hard it is to lift a bike if you drop it. The Busa balances well, but if it gets too far off center and starts to go over, you are going to have an almost impossible (not to mention, expensive) task of keeping it up or getting it off you if it falls on you.

Having said this, there are plenty of women on this board who have and ride Busa's, but most all of them didn't START with one. Suzuki makes a nearly bullet-proof motor, and parts are readily available. I might recommend a GSXR 600; in the right hands it's faster than a Busa (on the track), with much less weight/mass and used one's for a great price readily available with plenty of parts and cheap maintenance. Ride that puppy for a year or two (take the MSF and eventually some trackdays), and THEN you'll know when you are ready to move up.

This is a great board, regardless of the bike you ride. Good luck.

I hate this conversation !!!:rofl: but I will make my 2 cents short and sweet. My wife had NEVER rode a bike in her life. The 2004 limited was her first bike. After 2 days of ownership we decided to lower it. With training... She is able to pick her bike up by herself. She has worked hard and continues to work at mastering her baby. If you do this... Dedicate yourself to constant learning and training. Welcome aboard !!:welcome:

A few things:
:welcome: to the Org
:worthless:
Busa is NOT for beginners, but if you need lessons I am a GREAT coach! :rofl:

You be fine as far as your height, you can get lowered easy enough. As for a first bike I recommend something without full fairings and maybe a little lighter.

Back