POCKET BIKES!

(ranman @ Dec. 20 2006,20:20) hey greg here is one for you.
the wife said she would buy me one if i could ride it in leathers
wow.gif
super.gif
laugh.gif

(Devil Dog @ Dec. 21 2006,07:46) V8...my son has one....you should come check it out.
yeah I remember it! Were you looking to sell it? Has he already out grown it?
rock.gif

Just wondering.

- you get what you pay for
- if used much, they WILL break. hidden costs
- WEAR FULL GEAR! Don't ask why, just shut up and do it. Or pay.
- expect painful contortionist body position depending on style
- teh fun negates previous mentioned pain!

oh and I got 4.2hp air cooled Polinis $1200 ea

Travis and I race at a go kart track and it's ALMOST motogp feel! ours last easily 3 time longer before a breakdown, than the $300 ones
keep in mind track riding them is much harder on them and Polinis are designed to do that

that's all I have to say about that

WWJD, thanks for the words of advice! I think if I were going to get one I would get something worth while like you mentioned. And its not like I would be racing this thing all the time.

this is my sons. I know Kevin its not a busa, but he liked the graphics on the real bike so I matched it.

Untitled__Small_.jpg

I got my kids one on ebay it is a mini R1 look alike, had to buy the decals from some one else on ebay but my total was about $425 for everything. The bike is 110cc with electric start head and tail lights, signals and a horn. I have to be honest I use it more then the kids love it in the snow-lol

You might get laugh out of this. Short story about those fiddy things. My son and I where out at the dirt complex and we had pulled in to have some lunch. I rode over to the little store and they had those juiced up little guys. I asked if I could borrow one for a few minutes. They had a demonstrator, so I left the YZ there and off I go. I'm totally wrapped thinking about scaring the crap out of him. It was an early knock off job and the shift worked backwards. So, here I am burning along and I'm thinking that I will jump it from the carpark into the track. The boy spots it, he is watching me, shaking his head. I am doing my best crusty demon look except I had a helmet on. I take off and as it turns out, they are tricky to balance. My big head overbalances the thing and I land badly, head first. not pretty. I wake up in a clump of bushes. I have no idea where I am. The boy is standing on the tyre wall and he is laughing his arse off proclaiming how orsm that was. I took it back to the shop.

(1320Busa @ Dec. 21 2006,14:10) this is my sons. I know Kevin its not a busa, but he liked the graphics on the real bike so I matched it.
so he rides that on days when he doesn't take his Camaro?
poke.gif
laugh.gif

(WWJD @ Dec. 21 2006,00:flamethrowing:) - you get what you pay for
- if used much, they WILL break. hidden costs
- WEAR FULL GEAR! Don't ask why, just shut up and do it. Or pay.
- expect painful contortionist body position depending on style
- teh fun negates previous mentioned pain!
DITTO

I've owned the chinese models..... two words... They suck!!!!

for anything other than messing around.

I will guarantee that one doesn't go 70mph. The world record on an actual pb race bike is something like 78mph, and that isn't on a stupid china bike.

I would guess around 50mph max. wwjd's and my little 4.2hp bikes can go 50 with the right gearing. Takes a little bit to get there but they will do it.

as greg said WEAR your gear. High siding at 40mph and getting thrown 6ft+ in the air doesn't feel all that hot landing on the pavement.... yeah don't ask

all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
you guys are to funny, but to me thats all the joy of having one is to bust your arse a few times!
guns.gif
SHOCKED.gif

all_coholic.gif

that speed is SERIOULY dangerous. 30 or so doesn't sound like much, but sliding, rolling, bouncing, bending, breaking on pavement or curbs is deadly. other than a 30 feet test/tune ride in the parking lot during repairs, I won't get on mine without FULL GEAR, even boots.

I know these bikes are small and therefore seem like toys, and with Burger King advertising it as the latest sensational sport sweeping the nation or whatever, but they are fast and dangerous. kids have died. states are passing laws, police handing out tickets... I think they are a blast, but they are fast and dangerous motorcycles. thats my 3 years of experience talking there.

that said, they are a blast, yes, for adults too, and I'm glad I got into it like I did.

Especially glad Travis enjoys them to and gives me a GREAT run for the money!
biggrin.gif
I'm looking forward to trying to keep up or pass you again next summer! Get your Polini working and tuned up!

Will do. If I was like you I would have left mine alone and it would still be running.
sad.gif

just patch it and tighten the screws, she'll be fine. All I need to do is replace another pull cord that came loose, standard clean and tighten, and I'm good to go! or come out and ride my second one
smile.gif

Back