Pocket Bikes

The Oracle

Registered
Hey,

I have been looking for a pit vehicle and most of my friends are suggesting 3 and 4 wheelers... I have been looking at pocket bikes though... I think they are Money! And, I could easily see having one of them as a pit bike...

In case you are unfamiliar, a pit bike is used to drive from the track pits to: the john, lunch, bleachers, where ever you wanna go at the track, etc. Because tracks are big places, many people use little vehicles to get to-and-fro.

I noticed that WWJD races them, and I am sure that many of you have them or are familiar... So, onto my question:

If I am not planning to race it (yet), what is a good starter one that will get me around the pits and track areas?

Anyone have any additional input on things to watch out for, etc?

Thanks in advance peeps,
V

dude thay are awesome. we are always having pit bike races and a good pit bike is mandatory. my friend had a xr50 with more money i nit than his race bike. almost 15 grand in his pit bike!!! some big twin cam stroker kit , clutch congersion, all sorts of crap. but it's not a pocket bike, but for the same money, less than 2 grand you can get one of those. but the poket bikes are sweet too

dude thay are awesome.  we are always having pit bike races and a good pit bike is mandatory.   my friend had a xr50  with more money i nit than his race bike. almost 15 grand in his pit bike!!!  some big  twin cam stroker kit , clutch congersion, all sorts of crap. but it's not a pocket bike,  but for the same money, less than 2 grand you can get one of those.  but the poket bikes  are sweet too
Jeez... I was hoping to get away with $2K or less.

Plus, I dig the way I will look (being 6'1") with my knees all hangin' out.

Hehehe

Polini makes a nice bike. Becareful if youre shopping on e-bay. Just as many scammers for pocket bikes as Busa's.

Plus, I would prefer "tiny" to fit in a crevice available in my trailer, or even the back of the minivan... Did I say "minivan?" Dang... I meant REALLY big SUV thingy... I would never even consider driving... Ah, who am I fooling.
rock.gif

My neighbor just bought a red pocket bike from some roadside flea market in the area...it looks like a Ninja...I heard he only paid $400 for it! No, I didn't type that wrong...isn't $400 cheap for that?!

If you'd like, I'll get more details/pics from him and let you know what he found Oracle...

Plus, I would prefer "tiny" to fit in a crevice available in my trailer, or even the back of the minivan...  Did I say "minivan?"  Dang...  I meant REALLY big SUV thingy...  I would never even consider driving...  Ah, who am I fooling.
rock.gif
hey, Mini-Van Boy , heheheh MinnieVaghn in his MinnieVan.

sorry V-Man....you left the fuggin' door wide open on that one .

anyway....the topic...ah yes the topic . The buds up here use Honda 50's , they will provide you with that "Circus Bear on a minibike " look that yer after , and also they are way cool . They last forever,cheap,etc .
Plus you can beef 'em up too . Jim has a BIG hehehe bore kit for one of his .The one he races. We also took one an' welded up a tiny little side car for it that holds a case of beer . Very cool.
hav a good one Mini-Von......RSD.

theres si a dealer by me who has a few in stock, they look awesome. next time i'm in there i'll see how much he gets for em

i know www.tricktape.com sells em' 800-2000 range last i looked.

it was that going wide at deals gap video that got ya wasn't it.. didn't that look fun!

used is the way to go for cheapest, and hopefully running PB's.  I bought 2 brand spanking new Polinin 910's for about $2500.  They are only 4.2 hp but do around 40.  40!!!  Anyway, go here for reviews, news, forums and info.  http://pocketbikeplanet.com/
FYI  both of mine fit in the back seat of my 2 door civic coupe.
Awkward to ride at first, but a total blast and BE CAREFUL - I've wrecked 3 times and FULL LEATHERS & HELMET saved my butt all 3.  40 is fast to wreck.   here's some pics

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079735003 -->

DSC00010.JPG

Blata's look cooler, but don't have as much power. There are 7 - 12 HP ones and GO FAST accessories to add on, breathers, pipes, tires same stuff. Be warned: They don't have any suspension, so you gotta watch where/how you ride if tooling around the pit. Also you are very low and won't be seen by cars. Also, no lights or blinkers, not street legal, not safe in the evening or night. here's where I got mine. quick turnaround, knowledgeable staff.
http://midsouthminimoto.com/
I tend to burn thru pull start cams cuz I'm imaptient and the design sucks. $7 each. I ordered 4 more the first month for replacements. Good luck and enjoy!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079737732 -->

incar.JPG

Back