Pocket bike racin' &

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
About 8 of us at the Fire Station have gotten pocket bikes and race them for fun. We bought a bunch of cones from Walmart and away we go. Any parking lot out of site becomes an instant race, I mean wreck, track! If the course we set-up wasn't challenging enough, the on duty FF's came by and we decided to wet the parking lot down with the deck gun. This is when the carnage started. Still lots of fun though!
smile.gif

My pit crew chief!

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101444776 -->

DSCN1136.JPG

I won all 3 races and was unstoppable until one of the guys (loosers) rear ended me and shot me off into the bark. Victory never tasted to sweet/fibery!

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101451477 -->

DSCN1145.JPG

Trying to fold my 6'5" assembly onto this thing so I can actually take a corner! This was a hair pin and created alot of wrecking!

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101444934 -->

DSCN1147.JPG

One of my competitors eats it on the hairpin!

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101444972 -->

DSCN1169.JPG

Can you guess which one of my butt cheeks hurt the next morning?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101445017 -->

DSCN1171.JPG

Photo finish for 2nd & 3rd place!

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101445065 -->

DSCN1176.JPG

wow.gif
He he he...

This reminds me though.... WHere the hell is WWJD and his Pocket bikes???

I still think they look like the perfect short indoor or outdoor closed course entertainment... Lo risk of serious injury, and everyone looks silly doin it.... Win-Win!
laugh.gif

You guys better but those things up when the circus comes to town, I hear it really pi$$es off the Local Circus Union.
laugh.gif

Hey that is too funny. Looks like great fun.
laugh.gif

idea3.gif
canyou get an extended swingarm, I hear in Fla. they only have 11 turns
race.gif

aaaaw yeah, boi! You know dat racin' fun now!
smile.gif
Rev, we're still kicking, kinda done for the season. did some indoor once and that was fun but didn't pan out. I have two engines to rebuild and a shoulder and neck to heal up from a highside when I clipped FSTBUSA's pocketbike swinging out of a turn at 25-30ish... time for a new helmet too I guess.
biggrin.gif
Keep rollin on two.... size don't matter. Enjoy JT2 and BE SAFE. Have you started your "Parts fund" yet? ? ? If not, you will soon ;)

busa.JPG

Yeah we were breakin stuff left and right. We decided early on that these things were gonna get trashed and it was gonna be fun doin it. I was out after the 3rd race as I broke off my left foot peg and brake lever. Ordered replacement parts plus some extras to have around for future in the pit repairs.
laugh.gif

I am looking for a good pocket bike, what do you recommend, without spending as much money as a Honda NSR. I would like to find one of the old Yamaha YZR50's because they are or at least use to be street legal here.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Someone need to call the P.D. on the F.D. A.S.A.P. !!

Y'all have fun, be careful, and give those kids their toys back in one piece.

I break 1/5 as much stuff as the standard "Cag" or $300 chinese bike, but it also costs four times that initially. The race-ready Polini's are dangerous fast with much better accelleration and feel on a track. I've tumbled mine a number of times and the only real damage has been popping rivets under the seat and scraped fairings. You realy do get what you pay for. Not really breaking on the cheaper stuff though, because they are ALL fun in the end. Just define what you expect from a pocketbike and your intended use.

I recommend getting the best you can afford. The ONLY real problems I've had were burning up the engine after one year worth of abuse AND running them wide open for miles when they were really designed for heatlap races: 6 varied laps and cool down.

Also the cheaper ones you see everwhere are larger than Polini race bikes. Which means much more comfortable to sit on. Mine are quite painful after 6 laps

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember, these really ARE NOT toys designed for children. They are made for mature adults and can potentially be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. My last wreck I could have been seriously mentally handicapped or even killed at that speed if not for my helmet.

go here for tons of info:
http://pocketbikeplanet.com/

pbrace.jpg

I hear ya WWJD!
AAAssjani.gif

The Cags fit what we want from them perfectly. I decided not to wear my nice riding gear for racin' because it is too expensive and just used some old stuff. There is no way in hell I would spend as much $ as you guys did to do this. This is just a way for us to blow of some stress and have fun, on the cheap. Although I am extremely impressed for what you get from these cags for under $200 shipped TYD! Think about how retarded we are, this isn't crash prone enough so we wet down the whole parking lot.
face7.gif

If we never raced again I got my $ worth the first time. Do you know where to get those meat hooks for the pegs? Do they work?
rock.gif

After looking at myself on these things, in the photo's, I find it hard to believe were the people they call when someone needs help. Oh well, Shriners to the rescue!
laugh.gif

I am looking for a good pocket bike, what do you recommend, without spending as much money as a Honda NSR.  I would like to find one of the old Yamaha YZR50's because they are or at least use to be street legal here.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I would listen to WWJD on this one. I am no expert on these things and we just do it for fun! I think the Cags are a great buy at under $200 TYD but it depends on what you want from it. I just want something I can trash without caring. These have certainly fir the bill!
smile.gif

Back