Great Ride tonight with my buddy

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
As Omslaw and GSXcite know, Hwy 5 near us is a very fun road to ride down, It is full of twisties. Well we made our way down K-7 to hwy 5 going the opposite direction we normally go( just burning some time waiting for STARGATE to come on) We ended up going by Lakeside speedway torwards the end of the Hwy 5 run, Buddy noticed that it was full of cars and we decided to stop by to check it out since we have never seen it before. We pull in and find out that it is a dirt track that holds races every Friday, It was around 9:00pm so we just caught the end of the race. There was a whole row of sportbikes, and cruisers in a MC parking only lot, So we park and walk up to the fence to take a look at the track. As we walked up we ran into some old school friends, about 15 of them. And they had all recently bought sportbikes within the previous year. Talked a bit then headed out. We then took Hwy 5 back to K-7 and had some fun. Once we hit K-7 we passed some construction and a bunch of fast food resturants. and we get onto a dark part of the road. The only people on it was me, my buddy on his R1, a Ford ranger with neons, and a guy on a honda goldwing(looked like it was from the 80's) we pass him slowly waving as we passes, and he gave a kind wave back. We kept going for about 2 min, then out of no where The Goldwing guy passes us going about 120mph, WHAT A RUSH!!! We both gun it and chase him down and we follow him for about 2 miles going pretty fast, This guy must have been over 60, I even noticed he got some speed wobble which he handled real well. We came to a stop and talked to him, He was a real nice guy, and we went our own ways. I am glad to see he still has some run in him, Was a lot of fun. I mean this goldwing had a full dresser, radio and everything, this guy was hauling!!! Felt like you all might like the story.

Great day to ride!!

sorry bout the rambling, sounds like i am going no where with my plot, but it ends up there.

That didnt make much sense either, Its 3am, I guess I need to get to bed

Nice story lad! Hehe - I especially got a kick out of the way you mentioned the old dude still having some run left in him! I'm 62 and guaranteed you'll get more than just a friendly wave if you try to pass me!
laugh.gif

Been down that stretch many times and it is lots of fun.

Jeremy, be careful picking on OLD dudes. Some of them, er, us, still have the fire going in the boiler!
tounge.gif

A guy from Missouri was riding HWY 5 last week on a Harley and misjuged the first coner heading south away from the prison and lost control(Bike slide out from beneath him) and car heading north on Hwy 5 ran over him. DOA

Yeah, if you're not ready for that first corner, it will bite! Last time I hit HWY 5 - good thing I was setup for that first corner...had I gone wide I would have bit it in the gravel that was waiting for anyone taking it wide!

Glad you had a good ride, Jeremy! Keep the rubber-side down!

Back