2006 Hyper-Bike Championships

Sounds sweet, looks like you have everything taken care of. So is this a first come first serve type deal on the day of the event or will there be a pre-entry so you will have time to get a driving record? I will be waiting for the dates and locations, I can't enter but I will definatly go watch if it is close enough.
We will give a General Press Release April 7th. 2006. Still planning on how we will do that. More than likely it will be via three print magazines for the April release. At that time we will have downloadable registration forms, the drivers history is only needed to show the 5 years of license motorcycle riding and validity. That will not be needed until the day of the event. gear specifications as rules will also be posted at that time, to include all safety specifications to pass the tech review.

It will be a first come first serve from that point. I know no other way to do it fairly. I wish we could run 500 bike's but that would take a week and we will only have about (8) hours. The five years experience, is more of a liability shield. I would hate to see a (16) year old just license, get killed during this event. That would seriously hurt all of our efforts and put a quick end to this event.

<!--EDIT|GregWilliams
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133138466 -->

Sorry Greg, I know it's been said many times before, but I have to ask:  Did you mean this to be a non-pro event?  And how do you really measure experience by years (verses miles, saddle time, or flight miles, whatever you want to call it)?  Point is, my M1 license is less than 18 months old, but I've clocked nearly 21,000 on my busa since I got it brand new.  Busahaya got his M1 around the same time I did, but he picked up his Busa 15 months ago and he clocked nearly 25,000 miles on it.  So (and no offence to those that can ride year round in near perfect weather or have other reasons they can't ride constantly), are you saying that someone with a 7, 8, or even 10 year old motorcycle license that clocked a total of 15,000 miles of saddle time are more experienced than someone like Busahaya or I that clocked more than 20,000 miles in under 2 years?

Case and point, I had a coworker that has his M1 for over 8 years now, but admit he hasn't saddled a bike in over 5 years now, but if you look at his license, that M1 is still there.

Most of us can say by now that there are many different types of riders:  drag racers, track riders, canyon carvers, street/fwy riders (urban fighter pilots)... Skill set are vastly different, just take a look at the TT Isle of Man, don't see too many (if any at all) MotoGP names on that the TT race roster, do you?

So what kind of controlled coarse is it?  Track? Streets? Freeway?  And how are you (or your sponsors) evaluating "riding skills"?
It's five years so you are covered.

I agree with one poster. How can you have 2006 Speed Champ contest without an event to see which bike is fastest in speed? This is the title Hayabusa has held and still holds.
With your events and rules you listed I think the event would be illegitimate.
I got a 10 MPH over ticket in my cage about 6 years ago so I'm out for sure.
Mad`
Location is the issue. Find a salt flat and someone willing with a ZX-14. This is a challenge event that test all facets of motorcycling in the Hyper-Bike world. I personally do not care for top speed runners. I like people we can just balls to wall ride a motorcycle. Even without a full top speed run, it will be pretty evident at the end of the day who should bring home the trophy. That I can promise.

"Hyper-bike"

Just the word conjures visions of contained fury and powerful forces - a bike that can propel you to the outer limits, the cutting edge of motorcycle capability and technology. A hyper-bike is by nature a collection of "most" and "best" a standard-bearer for its manufacturer's commitment to two-wheeled all purpose performance. So, the actual title "2006 Hyper-Bike Challenge Champion".

Thats what we are looking to find. The answer is not in a straight line that would be way too easy, we are hoping to raise the bar just a bit. If we can find a location to do it all, I am all for it. Please let me know.

There will be various land speed trials in 2006 at sanctioned events across the US, to cover the total top speed stuff. We will also send a bike there for some top end runs. This event is for what motorcycles were actually made for, riding, stopping, turning and all the fun stuff.

And with the recent rule change, as long as you have a valid license and have been licensed for five years you are in. Hope to see you there. It should be a blast.

Greg

bleh..  I see my idea has gone un-heeded.

why?  it's a beautiful plan!

and that stuff of having your time thing on a street.. yeah.. uh.. let me know which insurance company signs on for that one.. and who's home your goign to put a 2nd, & 3rd mortgage on to pay the premium.

you could attract A LOT more people with a track day.. probably even get one of the track day schools involved to help defray costs.

ya know..admission for the whole deal would be track day costs + $75 or something..  whateva.

i'm a genius.
How about this, you guys organize an event by your rules and we will do one by ours, we already have the funding for ours based on the initial plans, so I can't change the format now to please everyone.

We'll exchange dates and so forth. This way everyone is happy, I have the feeling no matter how I would have tweaked this, not everyone will be happy. Sounds like a good plan to me. Please let us know when your event is.

My experience, I worked as a General Manager for the company that produced nothing but challenge events that appeared on ESPN, Spike TV and the Discovery Channel, we produced the Firefighter Combat Challenge, Marine Super-Squad Challenge, Army Best Ranger Challenge, World Swat Challenge and The Law Enforcement Officer Performance and Reaction Drill, so I have lots of experience setting up national challenge based events and I know what networks find value in. I guess you would have to have drafted a few hundred contracts to know.  

I also have 21 crash free years of riding under my belt and yes, I have seen the red line too many times to count. You can ride hard without finding, Mr. Guard Rail or Johnny Law, there is a time and place for everything. Picking the time and place is a challenge in it's self.

So I will set up our event based on what will sell to networks because it is my business and our event will be what I consider a challenge. Networks don't want to see drag-races thats what the professionals do or what takes place under the bridge on some dark street on a Saturday night.

What they do want to see is the average guy, win and lose. America loves to see winners but they also love to see losers, that's what reality TV is all about. The challenges we have come up with are geared to prove many things, most importantly can you ride and having a big-bore bike is about more than the name. So, hence the new title "Hyper-Bike Challenge". I just purchased. HyperbikeChampionship.com for this event. It's everything I would want see, absent having salt flats and there is another arena for those activities, we won't know what the top speed is and the sponsors won't care anyway 186 is the max, gentleman's agreement.

On the modifications yes whatever you wish. Again, if you know riding the fastest 1/4 mile bike will not win this event, it will be the best rider and the best all around tuned machine, tuned to do it all, go, stop, turn and looks.

This is clearly a $250,000 event, with vendor booths, production crews, various staff, press, marketing, security, insurance, police, fire and everyone else. So entry fees will be in the $350.00 window. The event will be limited to the first 50 bikes for 2006, signed up and paid. The prizes will be outstanding.

So if you have a constructive idea and a business mindset please let me know your thoughts.

I hope this clears up our thoughts and again this was suppose to be a great idea not a war.

"winners never stop trying, not to be losers"

Greg
1/4 mil event?...$350 entry fee?..only 50 Bikes?

So lemme get this straight...we pay $350 plus travel expenses to participate in an event you intend to promote, sell and profit from as a real life TV production?

All the while placing our 7 year old/long Speed Title Belts on the line against Kaws new ZX14 for all the world to see?

And we get what out of this?...the opportunity to buy a $5 corndog and a $20 T-Shirt from one of your vendor tents?

Why does this not sound like "Fun" to me?...am I alone in these thoughts?

How about this instead...how about we (hayabusa.org) challenge ZX14.Net to a "Thrills In The Hills" ride and we'll find out ourselves...like true online gentlemen and motorcycle enthusiasts normally do...then if you wanna provide media coverage and profit from it's sale?..we charge you to be there....with 20% of all profits you earn to be evenly split towards the support and betterment of both Hayabusa.org and ZX14.net.

and uh....your first corndogs on me.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I don't do the argue online, anymore. Some of the toughest people in the world hold key boards for hours at a time.

It's an event. Hope you show up and I can tell you from experience. The first year will be a total loss. Just in case you did not know it. You have to pay ESPN to put a program on their network. How you make money is selling commercial slots during the program. Do the math and there is lot of it, this is not an event to raise money for ZX14.NET. I am fortunate not to have money issues, married the right person. This is just another challenge for me and I like challenge events, of all types. I hope the people that attend and compete have fun and come back for the 2007 event. More importantly, what else is there to do.

Greg

There will be various land speed trials in 2006 at sanctioned events across the US, to cover the total top speed stuff. We will also send a bike there for some top end runs. This event is for what motorcycles were actually made for, riding, stopping, turning and all the fun stuff. [/QUOTE]

So basically you are trying to do what Motorcycle world magazine does all the time with the exception of proffesional rider ? Sorry to be the bad news bearer but thats nothin new.
I beleive someone mentioned this before but I would not push my bike to the limits and put it on the line, and for what ?

Just somthin for you to look over Greg good luck

For a approximate $350.00 entry fee, what kind of winnings are contenders battling for, besides bragging rights??

Ok,
so this is what I get from your last post, the event will be about the following:

1.Fastest qaurter mile time
2.Most nimble
3.Most power (dyno runs)

Sounds good although I have to disagree with you on what so called america wants to see. I personally would like to see a drag race that happens under the bridge on a dark street cause majority of the time that is real, not a race on closed streets. Pure Ego has a great Idea IMO. I would deffinately tune it to watch some guys dyno there bikes(for hp comparisons) then drag there bikes to see who's is the quickest in the quarter followed by a few laps on a track to see who has more skill. Of course this will determine who has more skills opposed to which bike is the best/fastest/most powerful. You deffinately have a good plan but too many kinks. Good Luck Greg and keep us informed.
Trust me, I agree with your thoughts. I am still sorting this thing all out, again a lot of what we can do is based on the where. Once we get that worked out and have a course to map the events on things may change. So your ideas are not falling on deaf ears. I came here for input and I am taking notes. Just trying to put out the little fires while I do so. Thanks!

For a approximate $350.00 entry fee, what kind of winnings are contenders battling for, besides bragging rights??
I am hoping for three fully tuned brand new bikes (the make depends on which manufacturer wants to donate them) for the top 1-3 finishers with all the goodies out there installed on them. To include riding gear, cash and a five-day trip somewhere very nice and the biggest trophy money can buy. Working with Dodge also to see if we can get a Charger as well.

There will be various land speed trials in 2006 at sanctioned events across the US, to cover the total top speed stuff. We will also send a bike there for some top end runs. This event is for what motorcycles were actually made for, riding, stopping, turning and all the fun stuff.

So basically you are trying to do what Motorcycle world magazine does all the time with the exception of proffesional rider ? Sorry to be the bad news bearer but thats nothin new.
I beleive someone mentioned this before but I would not push my bike to the limits and put it on the line, and for what ?

Just somthin for you to look over Greg good luck[/QUOTE]
We read about the test, how many have actually seen them?

So, you want to have a contest........find some guys to represent your side that strict rules can be made around and then go for it. 10 plus yrs, and no pros. How the hell ya do that?

And as for the wet section, rain makes bike differences or advantages go away and it becomes rider, not bike. So, wet section just defeats the purpose of comparing them and also makes wets or cut slick a must. Why make it more expensive?

Wanna make it more interesting, loosen up the rules or make a "stock" class that doesn't even allow the removal of reflectors, a turbo class that allows nitrous and other power adders and a piped power commander class. Two or three class's would be needed to make the results reflect valid and less controversal results.

Sorry if I don't jump up and down with excitement but a contest put on by a Kawasaki outfit makes me skeptical and the rules for entry eliminate alot of potential riders....on purpose?

I'm an expert licensed road racer so I couldn't enter?

Since it's going to be a big production, tv show, DVD etc. it's going to be quoted alot in the general riding public so it should at least be un biased in the ruling and not set up to favor one bike. Why so many rules if it's "just for fun"?
Sorry to be blunt but you're going to have to deal with this stuff sooner of later..............

But, if all you wanna do is an episode of pinks, nevermind.

A claimed 21 years of riding experience, never wrecked and wants to pit non-stock bikes with no name riders against each other for challenge results?....on wet pavement at that?
wink.gif

You're right Greg...and I don't have time to argue online either.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Ok , I want in.
But wait what will I need ?
Huge Turbo for the dyno pull, and quarter mile.
Dog bones, lowering straps and bolt-on swingarm extensions for the drag.
Extra set of calipers,steel brake lines, up front for the 60 to nothing challenge.( Are huge Stoppies allowed ?)
Quick change tires for the "Wet course"
Then lots of bling Chrome and paint for the" Looks part"
And last but not least a serious weight reduction so I can do fiqure 8's at 5mph.
Where do I sign ?

You must have (10) years of motorcycle licensed riding experience. No, moving violations in the last three years (must have drivers history for registration).
why ?

you are going to weed out a bunch of potential participants .

so a guy who has been riding 8 yrs and has a few tickets cant enter , that is ridiculous

I will post the event dates and location. I see where this is going and I am personally not up for it. See whoever there, its open to all makes including the V-MAX and Harley's. It will be a fun time for people that like to ride, no matter what they are riding. Competition does two things, crowns champions and keeps you hungry. Ride safe!
Greg, Why the long wait? Lets go right now! Who cares about next year?

IMO it'll definitely loose the "Best in appearance."
laugh.gif

And please add, "First to burn your frinkin' legs off" category! Gotta luv them leg-heaters on the 14!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Guys best way to look at it, its their event let them do whatever, I would suggest only very good riders show up and represent, because you know theirs are. CACHE Feel like draging a BUSA Cause we Know he can run the 1/4 amongst some others where are all the track guys? I think it depends what side of the country. It sounds fun!! just my .02

Spent some time on the horn today. The manufacturers do not want to use non-professional riders. They site huge liability and negative media back-lash reasons. They do like the format of the event and it looks like SpikeTV is interested, still waiting to here back from SpeedTV. So it looks like there will be stock bikes put up by each manufacturer for the 2006 event. That is the latest, so the stress is off my shoulders and far as picking the racers. Will let you know more as I know more. Garrett Kai from the Suzuki Media Group was very interested in the event, and spoke very highly of the Hayabusa, as did I. So you guys will be represented by your manufacturer. It's not exactly what I wanted but either way it should be fun to watch. I will pass on more details as I get them, until then ride safe all and have fun.

Greg
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Spent some time on the horn today. The manufacturers do not want to use non-professional riders. They site huge liability and negative media back-lash reasons. They do like the format of the event and it looks like SpikeTV is interested, still waiting to here back from SpeedTV. So it looks like there will be stock bikes put up by each manufacturer for the 2006 event. That is the latest, so the stress is off my shoulders and far as picking the racers. Will let you know more as I know more. Garrett Kai from the Suzuki Media Group was very interested in the event, and spoke very highly of the Hayabusa, as did I. So you guys will be represented by your manufacturer. It's not exactly what I wanted but either way it should be fun to watch. I will pass on more details as I get them, until then ride safe all and have fun.

Greg
smile.gif

smile.gif
Yea whatever, in the future just move to the right thanks

smile.gif

Whats with the driving history thing? And how could one obtain that anyway? Dumb stipulation if you ask me,I would think most seasoned riders have had some minor "brushes" with the law,they paid their fines or penalties,why make em pay twice?kinda like being taxed on taxes dont you think?
rock.gif

I think both (all) sides would be better represented with professional riders. Puts more on the "bike". As fun as it would be to have a bunch of average joes doing it...there are large variances in riding abilities. That is a smart move.

Sounds cool to me! I look forward to seeing it on the tube!!

Keep us posted!

Back