2006 Hyper-Bike Championships

GregWilliams

Registered
We respectfully invite your members to the below event.

2006 ZX14.NET "Hyper-Bike Championship"

"The Hyper-Bike Challenge, who really is the speed champ"

ZX14.NET is teaming up with its family of sponsors to produce the first ever, hyper-bike championships. So you want to know who the real speed champ really is, bring your hyper-bike to the ZX14.NET shootout. The event is slated for the fall of 2006. The event will crown the overall hyper-bike champion. At last an event for the experienced mountain carver. You must have (10) years of motorcycle licensed riding experience. No, moving violations in the last three years (must have drivers history for registration).

Non-Professional riders only. This event will be raced by the demographic community that represents the purchasers of these bikes.

Gear and specifications to be named at a later date. Let your years of riding shine at this event.

Your motorcycle must have a stock 1200 CC or greater displacement. Performance modifications are allowed.

We don’t believe that motorcycles are meant to be ridden in a straight line only, so here are the challenges for the Hyper-bike Champion.

The events:

• Fastest time through the coned riders or track challenge course
(sections will be wet to simulate unfavorable riding conditions).
• Fastest 1/4 mile time.
• Strongest Dyno Pull
• Fastest 60-0 time.
• Best in appearance.

Points are scored for each event.

The events will be produced for television, pending the outcome of getting a network to sanction the event. We are in current negotiations with several (speed related) networks and things do look promising. At the minimum a professional DVD will be made of the event by a production company to be named at a later date.

This event will crown the Hyper-Bike Champion "Speed Champ" for 2006. Check back for specifications and registration details April of 2006. This event will more than likely have an east-coast location for our first event.

Will they hold the second one too? When the '07 Busa comes to fruition and tears your souls apart?

sounds like some well organized fun. but I can't make it to the first one, possbily to one the next year. is this a "Isle of Mann" style course? A closed race track? where do I find details? need more input.

umm...

"(sections will be wet to simulate unfavorable riding conditions)"

and who's bright idea is that? if it's a strait section, the point is moot, if it's a curved section you are encouraging accidents on every level. no one wants to slide their bike accross a track competing for score. you imply we should all be running extremely good quality rain tires. no one I know that owns a sport bike does that on purpose. hmmmm I better check out yoru forum for answers....

...and since it costs $15 to access your forum, I guess I'll skip it. Good luck with the insurance on your event with a wet section.

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133020913 -->

Guys,

let's not get this off to the wrong start. It is not a fight, just a whole lot of fun. So please, the invite was friendly. We will do it every year for the next five out years if the turnout is good. Either way, it should be one hell of a great time. We will release full details shortly as our sponsors have specific request we need to fill first. We are still locking in a closed track for this event. We want the most realistic street riding simulation for the course so our search will not be easy. So, just to clear the air this is not a fight, challenge or anything like that. I just thought with all the hype going on, some of you would like to have one heck of day and this will surely be one.

There will be first through fifth place winners. The most brands in the one through five finish, brings home the title. i/e Three Hayabusa's in the top five. Speed Champ rights go to Hayabusa. I am open to any other suggestions and or thoughts.

The wet section of the course was suggested by many of our contacts. They raced Moto-GP in the rain this year and it is a part of realistic street riding. This is a riders event and not everyone can ride on a wet road, it does take skill. Only 1/10th of the course will be wet.

Again, we are open to suggestions that do not favor one bike over the other.

Thanks,

Greg Williams

<!--EDIT|GregWilliams
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133021126 -->

Thanks for the invite, totally understood.
smile.gif
But what's with the "wet section"? ? ? That sounds like an EXTREMELY BAD IDEA in my book. Seriously, I'd love to go and let you spank my TOTALLY STOCK busa, but I live in the midwest so I probably won't attend

Thanks for the invite, totally understood.  
smile.gif
 But what's with the "wet section"? ? ?  That sounds like an EXTREMELY BAD IDEA in my book. Seriously, I'd love to go and let you spank my TOTALLY STOCK busa, but I live in the midwest so I probably won't attend
The wet section idea is all a part of the challenge aspect, challenge meaning not everyone will find it easy. We will review it.

A lot of what we do is based on where we do it. We are working on three locations as we speak.I personally hate riding in the rain but some guys actually get a huge kick out of it.

No Greg. I was poking fun. We are a proud group. But we are all open-minded too.
Sounds like a great deal of fun.

No Greg. I was poking fun. We are a proud group. But we are all open-minded too.
Sounds like a great deal of fun.
Sounds great, I have seen things get blown out of proportion on some other sites and the entire focus of a the thread goes out the window.

Our plan to have a great event, huge cookout and lots of laughs afterwards. I'll keep you guys posted as this all pans out between now and April's full release all of of the specs.

You must have (10) years of motorcycle licensed riding experience. No, moving violations in the last three years (must have drivers history for registration).
why ?

you are going to weed out a bunch of potential participants .

so a guy who has been riding 8 yrs and has a few tickets cant enter , that is ridiculous

Oh, you mean the zx13.5  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

poke.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133025324 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I wouldn't hate it somuch if they didn't add another 47cc out of there ass. The ZX13 would be a more suitable name over the ZX14 or hell I love the ZX13.5 too!!
biggrin.gif
+1

whats the Comp on that motor anyone? im guessing 12.5.1 or 12.1

I would like to see how good a turbo treats it

<!--EDIT|GSXRme
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133027302 -->

anyone who has pushed the bike they own to its limits will more than likely have a few moving violations dont ya think

You must have (10) years of motorcycle licensed riding experience. No, moving violations in the last three years (must have drivers history for registration).
why ?

you are going to weed out a bunch of potential participants .

so a guy who has been riding 8 yrs and has a few tickets cant enter , that is ridiculous

I will post the event dates and location. I see where this is going and I am personally not up for it. See whoever there, its open to all makes including the V-MAX and Harley's. It will be a fun time for people that like to ride, no matter what they are riding. Competition does two things, crowns champions and keeps you hungry. Ride safe!

I know your not liking where it is going Greg. But, that said, your rules and regulations on the qualifying drivers needing 10+ and blah-blah-blah..... is just a little stringent don't you think?
Your looking for the fastest bike out there. Not a popularity contest for the nicest riders right? Why not include all comers? Thats just a suggestion. Your records will be tainted and not given regard if you have so many restrictions.

Line them up - run whatcha brung!

Two contests needed: 1. fastest.
2. quickest.
And that is all.

Sounds like somebody is tired of Second Place?
Sure the champ will be there how embarrassing for you if you lose by your own rules. Lets send a 99, A 7 year old stocker up against your lastest and greatest.

Only need 2 races.
1/4 mile
Top Speed

Don't come to our house and throw down a challange and except a warm welcome. Since these test will be close course why the license ticket rule? We are not going to get a better bike until you guys whip our butts so hurry up all ready!

Hey guys calm down, this is not a fight. He is here offering a chance for a real world test of the baddest bikes on the planet. I for one would love to know the outcome when real people, not test riders, go head to head on their own machine. I do think the qualifications are a bit harsh because some of us younger folk, not me but some of us, can really do some amazing things when given the chance. So with that said, go for it and send me a link to buy the DVD.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133038936 -->

Back