2006 Hyper-Bike Championships

By the way.....

Would everyone just chill out on the new people posting?

PLEASE?

This guy is a promoter.  Sounds like a decent dude.  Why do some of you feel the need to puff your chests out.... cause he came from a 14 site?  

Holy shid people!  Here is a dude that promotes OUR SPORT!  So what if he rides brand X.

Whining about the add'l 49cc's and they call it a 14...WHO CARES

<!--EDIT|mjn
Reason for Edit: "lil too strong..."|1133210918 -->

No contest set up as you describe will decide definitively the best bike. To not include any of the current literbike crop is silly also, they make as much, if not more power, and are far more nimble, than the 12, 14 or Busa. The rider determines which bike is fastest, or quickest, and beauty contests are completely subjective.
However, as I read your posts, it seems you are more interested in making a TV show than you are in truly finding out which the best is. There is nothing wrong with jumping on the reality TV bandwagon, and any sportbike coverage is great, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the finished product.
As far as opening up the field to other bikes, V-Rod, et al, what's the point? Either you would have factory ringers, or it wouldn't even be close.

The best bike is the one that's best for you.

tough room!
biggrin.gif

so the zx12 can't enter since it has less than 1200cc
laugh.gif

just kidding, looks like a great event, I would not participate since I am not the greatest rider but I'd love to see that on TV or live if it's close to me.

Something doesn't add up... seems fishy to be talking about something this far out especially as the details are not solid with the backers/sponsors.

Greg, any links to lend some credibility to who you are and/or what you do? I realize you don't work for them any more but I've already looked at OTC's homepage (they produced the shows you mentioned) and emailed the two of the three partners there. Just seems like a lot of wheels spinning here with only the promise of a lot of smoke. Pardon my skeptism but you've reversed yourself on a few issues fairly quickly and that seems strange to me as I have a couple friends in the industry (ie. the networks' desire to have the average american winning and losing turning into pro-riders only due to liability).

I though the concept presented was "we're going to do this and show everyone a good time while getting sponsors to foot the bill" and it has become "you can check this out on TV next fall". I almost feel like our board has been more of a sounding board than anything. I don't know, maybe you just got a little ahead of yourself... no blood, no foul. I'm just one guy typing.

I'm sure your links will help clear it up.
smile.gif

Ive been riding ONLY bikes for the past 16 years on a daily basis> I ride 400 miles a week to work , and I ride in the rain . I have a clean record . 1 problem When and where are you going to have this? I can't go cross country and take off work just to show you what the fastest bike is! Do the bikes have to be stock ? A top speed test would not work unless the bikes were modded anyway , or did everyone forget about the 186 speed limiter ? I hope your contest goes well and safe Greg! Let me know when yo come to the northwest , WE got the best riders in the states!
biggrin.gif

Since Kawi revamped thier bike and BMW has tier new one it should wait until next year for Suzuki to do the same . Sounds like kawi trying to jump the gun to me too. Or why wasn't this done last year when BMWer came out ? I do think that next year would be better . And yes I think that the new zx14 will be more powerful and maybe (a little) quicker. If it isn't then kawi should shut down.

A Busa with a TRE will slay a 14.
wow.gif
laugh.gif
blush.gif

If I have to I'll tow a Busa to beat a 14 with or without a TRE.

<!--EDIT|Mad`
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133228498 -->

Seems to me this thread is headed to a dead end which should have ended after the 1st few posts. The initial post if read carefully seems like a set up for the Busa board, and all the changing positions seem to be so much BS. Me thinks that we are being led down a yellow brick road and come April we will find it is/was an April fools joke. Hopefully this will come to an end soon and save everyone time that could be spent on our Busas as we have nothing to prove, WE ARE #1.

My experience, I worked as a General Manager for the company that produced nothing but challenge events that appeared on ESPN, Spike TV and the Discovery Channel, we produced the Firefighter Combat Challenge, Marine Super-Squad Challenge, Army Best Ranger Challenge, World Swat Challenge and The Law Enforcement Officer Performance and Reaction Drill, so I have lots of experience setting up national challenge based events and I know what networks find value in. I guess you would have to have drafted a few hundred contracts to know.

I also have 21 crash free years of riding under my belt and yes, I have seen the red line too many times to count. You can ride hard without finding, Mr. Guard Rail or Johnny Law, there is a time and place for everything. Picking the time and place is a challenge in it's self.
I'm not saying this isn't an event that has the potential to be on TV or to be sponsored or the like. However, I spoke with Paul Davis of OTC (produced the challenge reality TV shows listed) and here is the scoop.

When, Dr. Paul Davis of OTC said on the phone, "He was with us for seven month as a General Manager and worked with us on the [LEO challenge]. After that I believe he went back to the Sheriff's Department"... I believe him.

Paul and I have communicated via email and by phone via voicemail. If what I've been told is true and I have no reason to believe otherwise at this point...

Greg, I'm a little thrown with how your wording leads one to believe that you were a part of that company for all or most of the listed challenges, not just one. I don't see how you can claim to have drafted a few hundred contracts in a seven month period. Though, I suppose it's possible if thats all one did each day. I'm also unsure why you would refer to Johnny Law the way you did when you are a LEO, from what I'm told. If that is the case, the "My experience" line sounds more like you should have said "I'm a LEO who worked on the LEO challenge and would like to try to stay in the reality TV industry by... etc etc" vs what you've done here.

This definately explains your ability to change the challenge rules, requirements, and course so quickly. It also explains why you're hitting up boards and trying to create synergy and get ideas & feedback BEFORE getting sponsors setup. This is not how things are done in the industry. One safeguards these ideas, gains sponsor backing (through NDA's), sets the rules & guidelines for the event, recruits the participants and finally releases the event information to the public which then creates synergy and buzz. You fill stands, sell some dawgs and brews, and give away a few T-shirts. Then and only then do you get your commercials lined up for the TV airing based on the success of the event and the demographic, unless you've had past success with this as an annual event.

Greg, are you with a new company doing challenges now? Who is the "we" you keep refering to? Are you a Sheriff's Deputy? Any credible links to your credentials?

I'm not trying to knock you but it felt fishy before and what I've heard over the phone only confirms my skeptism until proven otherwise.

I guess my point is, don't come back to the board claiming the average Joe can once again compete, asking for an entrance fee. I call BS until we see otherwise.

My experience, I worked as a General Manager for the company that produced nothing but challenge events that appeared on ESPN, Spike TV and the Discovery Channel, we produced the Firefighter Combat Challenge, Marine Super-Squad Challenge, Army Best Ranger Challenge, World Swat Challenge and The Law Enforcement Officer Performance and Reaction Drill, so I have lots of experience setting up national challenge based events and I know what networks find value in. I guess you would have to have drafted a few hundred contracts to know.  

I also have 21 crash free years of riding under my belt and yes, I have seen the red line too many times to count. You can ride hard without finding, Mr. Guard Rail or Johnny Law, there is a time and place for everything. Picking the time and place is a challenge in it's self.
I'm not saying this isn't an event that has the potential to be on TV or to be sponsored or the like.  However, I spoke with Paul Davis of OTC (produced the challenge reality TV shows listed) and here is the scoop.

When, Dr. Paul Davis of OTC said on the phone, "He was with us for seven month as a General Manager and worked with us on the [LEO challenge].  After that I believe he went back to the Sheriff's Department"... I believe him.

Paul and I have communicated via email and by phone via voicemail. If what I've been told is true and I have no reason to believe otherwise at this point...

Greg, I'm a little thrown with how your wording leads one to believe that you were a part of that company for all or most of the listed challenges, not just one.  I don't see how you can claim to have drafted a few hundred contracts in a seven month period.  Though, I suppose it's possible if thats all one did each day. I'm also unsure why you would refer to Johnny Law the way you did when you are a LEO, from what I'm told.  If that is the case, the "My experience" line sounds more like you should have said "I'm a LEO who worked on the LEO challenge and would like to try to stay in the reality TV industry by... etc etc" vs what you've done here.

This definately explains your ability to change the challenge rules, requirements, and course so quickly.  It also explains why you're hitting up boards and trying to create synergy and get ideas & feedback BEFORE getting sponsors setup.  This is not how things are done in the industry.  One safeguards these ideas, gains sponsor backing (through NDA's), sets the rules & guidelines for the event, recruits the participants and finally releases the event information to the public which then creates synergy and buzz.  You fill stands, sell some dawgs and brews, and give away a few T-shirts. Then and only then do you get your commercials lined up for the TV airing based on the success of the event and the demographic, unless you've had past success with this as an annual event.

Greg, are you with a new company doing challenges now?  Who is the "we" you keep refering to?  Are you a Sheriff's Deputy?  Any credible links to your credentials?

I'm not trying to knock you but it felt fishy before and what I've heard over the phone only confirms my skeptism until proven otherwise.  

I guess my point is, don't come back to the board claiming the average Joe can once again compete, asking for an entrance fee. I call BS until we see otherwise.
A HUGE +1 and Kudos to HT for backgrounding uhem..."johnny lawdog wannabe promo man" for us here..

Semper Fi HT!!! Way ta Be!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I'm not saying this isn't an event that has the potential to be on TV or to be sponsored or the like.  However, I spoke with Paul Davis of OTC (produced the challenge reality TV shows listed) and here is the scoop.

When, Dr. Paul Davis of OTC said on the phone, "He was with us for seven month as a General Manager and worked with us on the [LEO challenge].  After that I believe he went back to the Sheriff's Department"... I believe him.

Greg, I'm a little thrown with how your wording leads one to believe that you were a part of that company for all or most of the listed challenges, not just one.  I don't see how you can claim to have drafted a few hundred contracts in a seven month period.  Though, I suppose it's possible if thats all one did each day. I'm also unsure why you would refer to Johnny Law the way you did when you are a LEO, from what I'm told.  If that is the case, the "My experience" line sounds more like you should have said "I'm a LEO who worked on the LEO challenge and would like to try to stay in the reality TV industry by... etc etc" vs what you've done here.

This definately explains your ability to change the challenge rules, requirements, and course so quickly.  It also explains why you're hitting up boards and trying to create synergy and get ideas & feedback BEFORE getting sponsors setup.  This is not how things are done in the industry.  One safeguards these ideas, gains sponsor backing (through NDA's), sets the rules & guidelines for the event, recruits the participants and finally releases the event information to the public which then creates synergy and buzz.  You fill stands, sell some dawgs and brews, and give away a few T-shirts. Then and only then do you get your commercials lined up for the TV airing based on the success of the event and the demographic, unless you've had past success with this as an annual event.

Greg, are you with a new company doing challenges now?  Who is the "we" you keep refering to?  Are you a Sheriff's Deputy?  Any credible links to your credentials?

Ok, let me clear the air on this without sounding like a pissed off guy. As you learned, I worked for and ran the Leopard Challenge (Law Enforcement Officer Performance and reaction Drill) working directly for Dr. Davis, the owner. All of the events ran out of our Office and everyone helped do everything, it was a very small office. I left a Law Enforcement after competing in the event myself. I ended up getting a ten second penalty in the 2003 Nationals moving me from 4th. in the Nation to 14th. Based on my desire to promote this competition, I was then hired to run the event.

Things were going great. Wife , got pregnant and it was no longer ok, to travel the country testing cops, seeing who was the best of the best. A decision that did not sit very well with OTC and I apologized. I had to make a very difficult decision, picked family over money and I left the Leopard Challenge and returned to crime fighting, a background were I was two-time officer of the year, a Medal of Valor Winner, a Law Enforcement Oscar for Bravery Winner and me and my K9 partner finished as the top K9 team in the State two years in row. Winning the Daniel Wasson Memorial Award. Use this link and look at 1998 and 1999 Wasson Award

I am not bragging, but for some reason I feel you have attacked my integrity and I am wondering why. Outside of Police work, I am a regular guy, I hit the gym hard, combat shoot, take care of my family and started ZX14.NET and yes I love to ride the tires off a motorcycle. ZX14.NET is ranked the number one ZX-14 web site in the world, use search engine ranking sites to get the data (search words( ZX-14 ZX14 ZZR-1400 ZZR1400. I am sure someone will check.

On the Hyper-Bike Challenge. I thought it would be a great event, my idea. If some company fully sponsored it there would be no entrance fees but right now nobody is stepping up to cover all of the cost, which means I would have to pay the bill and the we, is me and my wife. So that is why there are fees on the table today.

So I am not sure what else you need to know about me. I am as real as they get. Been through all the non-sense in life growing up in 16 fosters homes, been shot, been there, done that.

I like the Hayabusa and if not for the 14 coming out. I would have purchased one, so please I am not anyone's enemy unless that is what it has to be. This concept was more about fun. I need nothing from anyone, it was just an idea.  I am (37) and I am no way limited to do things like everyone else, never have, never will. On the senergy phrase, please purchase a book called Gorilla Marketing, then you will understand my method, great book. Any other questions pick up the phone and ask me yourself. Then report back to the Troops here.

Yes, sent out over 200 sponsorship contracts trying to get funding for the Leopard Challenge, I had to do that too, along with running the event, setting it up, hiring and firing help and then reload the truck at the end of the day. I did five jobs and was paid for one. I have drafted another 100 or so with ZX14.NET.

If anyone ever wants to ride or hang out, get to know me yourself. Shoot me an email.  

Greg

<!--EDIT|GregWilliams
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134098962 -->

I'm not saying this isn't an event that has the potential to be on TV or to be sponsored or the like. However, I spoke with Paul Davis of OTC (produced the challenge reality TV shows listed) and here is the scoop.

When, Dr. Paul Davis of OTC said on the phone, "He was with us for seven month as a General Manager and worked with us on the [LEO challenge]. After that I believe he went back to the Sheriff's Department"... I believe him.

Greg, I'm a little thrown with how your wording leads one to believe that you were a part of that company for all or most of the listed challenges, not just one. I don't see how you can claim to have drafted a few hundred contracts in a seven month period. Though, I suppose it's possible if thats all one did each day. I'm also unsure why you would refer to Johnny Law the way you did when you are a LEO, from what I'm told. If that is the case, the "My experience" line sounds more like you should have said "I'm a LEO who worked on the LEO challenge and would like to try to stay in the reality TV industry by... etc etc" vs what you've done here.

This definately explains your ability to change the challenge rules, requirements, and course so quickly. It also explains why you're hitting up boards and trying to create synergy and get ideas & feedback BEFORE getting sponsors setup. This is not how things are done in the industry. One safeguards these ideas, gains sponsor backing (through NDA's), sets the rules & guidelines for the event, recruits the participants and finally releases the event information to the public which then creates synergy and buzz. You fill stands, sell some dawgs and brews, and give away a few T-shirts. Then and only then do you get your commercials lined up for the TV airing based on the success of the event and the demographic, unless you've had past success with this as an annual event.

Greg, are you with a new company doing challenges now? Who is the "we" you keep refering to? Are you a Sheriff's Deputy? Any credible links to your credentials?

Ok, let me clear the air on this without sounding like a pissed off guy. As you learned, I worked for and ran the Leopard Challenge (Law Enforcement Officer Performance and reaction Drill) working directly for Dr. Davis, the owner. All of the events ran out of our Office and everyone helped do everything, it was a very small office. I left a Law Enforcement after competing in the event myself. I ended up getting a ten second penalty in the 2003 Nationals moving me from 4th. in the Nation to 14th. Based on my desire to promote this competition, I was then hired to run the event.

Things were going great. Wife , got pregnant and it was no longer ok, to travel the country testing cops, seeing who was the best of the best. A decision that did not sit very well with OTC and I apologized. I had to make a very difficult decision, picked family over money and I left the Leopard Challenge and returned to crime fighting, a background were I was two-time officer of the year, a Medal of Valor Winner, a Law Enforcement Oscar for Bravery Winner and me and my K9 partner finished as the top K9 team in the State two years in row. Winning the Daniel Wasson Memorial Award. Use this link and look at 1998 and 1999 Wasson Award

I am not bragging, but for some reason I feel you have attacked my integrity and I am wondering why. Outside of Police work, I am a regular guy, I hit the gym hard, combat shoot, take care of my family and started ZX14.NET and yes I love to ride the tires off a motorcycle. ZX14.NET is ranked the number one ZX-14 web site in the world, use search engine ranking sites to get the data (search words( ZX-14 ZX14 ZZR-1400 ZZR1400. I am sure someone will check.

On the Hyper-Bike Challenge. I thought it would be a great event, my idea. If some company fully sponsored it there would be no entrance fees but right now nobody is stepping up to cover all of the cost, which means I would have to pay the bill and the we, is me and my wife. So that is why there are fees on the table today.

So I am not sure what else you need to know about me. I am as real as they get. Been through all the non-sense in life growing up in 16 fosters homes, been shot, been there, done that.

I like the Hayabusa and if not for the 14 coming out. I would have purchased one, so please I am not anyone's enemy unless that is what it has to be. This concept was more about fun. I need nothing from anyone, it was just an idea. I am (37) and I am no way limited to do things like everyone else, never have, never will. On the senergy phrase, please purchase a book called Gorilla Marketing, then you will understand my method, great book. Any other questions pick up the phone and ask me yourself. Then report back to the Troops here.

Yes, sent out over 200 sponsorship contracts trying to get funding for the Leopard Challenge, I had to do that too, along with running the event, setting it up, hiring and firing help and then reload the truck at the end of the day. I did five jobs and was paid for one. I have drafted another 100 or so with ZX14.NET.

If anyone ever wants to ride or hang out, get to know me yourself. Shoot me an email.

Greg
Greg

I wasn't "attacking" your integrity when I called OTC. At that time, talk of entrance fees around $350 was going on. When someone, with less than 10 posts at the time, starts talking money on the boards a lot of people take notice. People start trying to decide if it's a scam or not and that's typically followed by someone doing a little homework. I got the response from Dr. Davis after your story had changed significantly several times. However, after having done the legwork, I felt it appropriate to share just on the off chance this was revisited and I was unavailable to comment.

You feel attacked because your Gorilla Marketing lead us to believe things that didn't add up. I'm familiar with Gorilla Marketing and I would call this more of half truth's or a puffing of ones chest - not marketing. In addition, I don't think most people here want to be sold anything through any marketing technique. It's either worth buying (into) or it's not. Though, I don't speak for the board as a whole nor any idividual member other than myself, but that is my impression.

The fact is, I simply tested your story, I did not attack your integrity. When your story was tested, it failed the test. Your experience has been exposed for what it is. Experience, which I think would have been well received here had you been more forthcoming. In that case, you probably would have had more than a few advocates for your cause. There probably would have been a lot of "cool factor" given to your past experience with OTC and from there the sky would have been the limit... given the many amazing people who frequent these boards. Now, unfortunately, that acceptance and buy-in is an unknown quantity.

The claims you've made that you've got a wonderful wife who can support you, that you've been shot, that you have the LEO accolades, and that you've been in a zillion foster homes doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. I'm sorry you've gone through what you have in life and delighted to hear it's all worked out for you... but this event was about getting together and riding/racing/shooting the sh!d. Save the bragging and woe-is-me conversation for the "shooting the sh!d" part of the event or another thread here on the boards. Stick to the topic at hand... this is one of the things that raised a brow for me as I read your first few posts. It was slightly too personal/emotional and not professional enough.

Simply put, your initial posts and the one quoted above don't match at all. If I read the two side by side, I would think they were for two different people. You were a LEO. You managed the Leopard Challenge while working with OTC for 7 months. Since then, you've gone back to fighting crime. You enjoy riding like the rest of us and have done so for 21 years.

The ONLY things you mentioned initially as part of your experience was the time with OTC (which you made sound like a much longer duration through your elaboration of who OTC is without naming the company) and the riding experience. This lead many of us to believe that this is your profession and has been for quite some time. It clearly is not at this point and I don't view seven months as a long time. Maybe I made an assumption, sure, but I'll fall back on your admission to Gorilla Marketing our board as my safety net here.

I don't feel I need to go on much more because I think the board members are capable of reading between the lines enough to keep themselves & their money safe while lending help where they would like. I am also responding so that you may understand this was not a personal attack but rather a defense for the community here and to give you some detail about how to "market" people in the future, so that you may have continued success.

Best wishes,

HT

<!--EDIT|HT_USMC
Reason for Edit: "Type-o's kill... I just saved a board member"|1134152183 -->

I like the Hayabusa and if not for the 14 coming out. I would have purchased one, so please I am not anyone's enemy unless that is what it has to be. This concept was more about fun. I need nothing from anyone, it was just an idea.  I am (37) and I am no way limited to do things like everyone else, never have, never will. On the senergy phrase, please purchase a book called Gorilla Marketing, then you will understand my method, great book. Any other questions pick up the phone and ask me yourself. Then report back to the Troops here.

Greg
Greg

I wasn't "attacking" your integrity when I called OTC.  At that time, talk of entrance fees around $350 was going on.  When someone, with less than 10 posts at the time, starts talking money on the boards a lot of people take notice. People start trying to decide if it's a scam or not and that's typically followed by someone doing a little homework.  I got the response from Dr. Davis after your story had changed significantly several times.  However, after having done the legwork, I felt it appropriate to share just on the off chance this was revisited and I was unavailable to comment.

You feel attacked because your Gorilla Marketing  lead us to believe things that didn't add up. I'm familiar with Gorilla Marketing and I would call this more of half truth's or a puffing of ones chest - not marketing.  In addition, I don't think most people here want to be sold anything through any marketing technique. It's either worth buying (into) or it's not.  Though, I don't speak for the board as a whole nor any idividual member other than myself, but that is my impression.

The fact is, I simply tested your story, I did not attack your integrity.  When your story was tested, it failed the test.  Your experience has been exposed for what it is.  Experience, which I think would have been well received here had you been more forthcoming.  In that case, you probably would have had more than a few advocates for your cause.  There probably would have been a lot of "cool factor" given to your past experience with OTC and from there the sky would have been the limit... given the many amazing people who frequent these boards.  Now, unfortunately, that acceptance and buy-in is an unknown quantity.

The claims you've made that you've got a wonderful wife who can support you, that you've been shot, that you have the LEO accolades, and that you've been in a zillion foster homes doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.  I'm sorry you've gone through what you have in life and delighted to hear it's all worked out for you... but this event was about getting together and riding/racing/shooting the sh!d.  Save the bragging and woe-is-me conversation for the "shooting the sh!d" part of the event or another thread here on the boards.  Stick to the topic at hand... this is one of the things that raised a brow for me as I read your first few posts.  It was slightly too personal/emotional and not professional enough.

Simply put, your initial posts and the one quoted above don't match at all.  If I read the two side by side, I would think they were for two different people. You were a LEO.  You managed the  Leopard Challenge while working with OTC for 7 months.  Since then, you've gone back to fighting crime.  You enjoy riding like the rest of us and have done so for 21 years.

The ONLY things you mentioned initially as part of your experience was the time with OTC (which you made sound like a much longer duration through your elaboration of who OTC is without naming the company) and the riding experience.  This lead many of us to believe that this is your profession and has been for quite some time. It clearly is not at this point and I don't view seven months as a long time.  Maybe I made an assumption, sure, but I'll fall back on your admission to Gorilla Marketing our board as my safety net here.

I don't feel I need to go on much more because I think the board members are capable of reading between the lines enough to keep themselves & their money safe while lending help where they would like.  I am also responding so that you may understand this was not a personal attack but rather a defense for the community here and to give you some detail about how to "market" people in the future, so that you may have continued success.

Best wishes,

HT
Your perception is totally clouded by your limited views in life, my opinion. Anyone that knows me would laugh at your comments. Here, I will make it very easy for everyone. Delete this thread and forget I ever existed, please do.

If you knew me and you don't. I don't have to do something for 10 years to master it ask anyone I have ever worked for, I am a extreme perfectionist. You have seen the OTC web site and all the experience and doctorates held by the owners. Hmmmm. I don't think I would have been hired by these challenge based guys if I was not up for the challenge. I left that job I was far from fired. You should apply.

What you have said about me is a joke and that is ok, this is the internet. Please go back to doing whatever it was before this post came along. I have a lot of other things to do besides defend myself against someone who is obviously not a self starter. I'll look for your projects on TV some day or the in the motorcycle periodicals.

I'll be at the Keith Code's two-day "camp" in February 04/05 in Navada. Come on out and we can ride first and chat then. I usually get to know someone first before I rip into them personally. I will leave this particular invite alone and hope whatever point you were trying make, made your day, I think I missed it.

Ride safe all....it will be a fun year. Again, this was suppose to be a fun event.

Moderators you may delete my account, thanks.

Back