T -rex stands

SANDFLEA85

Registered
Are fk'n garbage in my opinion, I have dropped my bike once and almost dropped it again last nite,they shake when the bike is resting on top of them....save your $$

I had pit bulls I used on my 02 and never once had an issue in the 2 yrs I used them,I sold them with the 02 back in sept.

bought a new set this morning and trashed the t-rex's,wouldnt even feel good about giving them away.

if you have never used pit-bulls,then you have no idea the difference.

just needed to rant:whistle:

$39.99 at Harbor Freight Online and I can't be happier. It's a bit flimsy, but not enough to drop the bike. Just don't order spools from them, on B/O until July!

99701.gif

been on T-Rex since day one... never had a problem with them.. explain how you dropped the bike?

I put the bike on them while on the rack even... never had any issues with them at all...

been on T-Rex since day one... never had a problem with them.. explain how you dropped the bike?

I put the bike on them while on the rack even... never had any issues with them at all...

dropped it lifting the rear the same way I have done for almost 3 yrs now.

left hand on the hump,kick stand down,right hand holding the rear stand in place,hip in close to bike to lift upright and push down on stand but because of the BIG oversized spools that come with the t-rex's and the way they designed the "hook" with one side being much higher then the other(actually think the smaller side is just too small) it never wants to just go right on it.

pit bulls,line up rear stand and lift...done!

now the front t-rex stand,wobbles like a SOB! its as tight as could be and just still wants to wobble,

one piece pitbull front stand...solid as a rock.

not saying they cant be used,but dont compare to pit bulls

the old saying "you get what you pay for comes to mind"

glad you never had a problem with yours

just have seen more than once when some one is having an issue with a device or tool, often there is a problem in the usage.. my bike goes up on the stands after every ride (chain service) and a couple other guys I ride with do the same (happen to all be on T-rex stands) and none have had a problem..

I just think that with the number of stands out in the real world (T-rex) that if they were in fact a POS... there would be a lot more posts than this.. (I do own 2 sets of stands, Ians Redline stands and T-rex)

Last edited:
just have seen more than once when some one is having an issue with a device or tool, often there is a problem in the usage.. my bike goes up on the stands after every ride (chain service) and a couple other guys I ride with do the same (happen to all be on T-rex stands) and none have had a problem..

I just think that with the number of stands out in the real world (T-rex) that if they were in fact a POS... there would be a lot more posts than this.. (I do own 2 sets of stands, Ians Redline stands and T-rex)

To each their own brother

get a set of pit bulls and then come talk to me.

T-REX stands = POS when COMPARED to PIT BULLS!

And that's your opinion, Devildog. You're entitled to it. However, others are entitled to THEIR opinions as well.

Are pitbull stands better than t-rex or redline? probably. But for me, the t-rex stands do the job, and for less than half the money.

Are fk'n garbage in my opinion, I have dropped my bike once and almost dropped it again last nite,they shake when the bike is resting on top of them....save your $$

I had pit bulls I used on my 02 and never once had an issue in the 2 yrs I used them,I sold them with the 02 back in sept.

bought a new set this morning and trashed the t-rex's,wouldnt even feel good about giving them away.

if you have never used pit-bulls,then you have no idea the difference.

just needed to rant:whistle:

Pit Bull...proud Stampede Sponsor!

And that's your opinion, Devildog. You're entitled to it. However, others are entitled to THEIR opinions as well.

Are pitbull stands better than t-rex or redline? probably. But for me, the t-rex stands do the job, and for less than half the money.

Yes you are correct,t-rex stands do their job,Pit Bulls do the same job better,thats all im saying.if your happy with what you have there,then great,Im not happy so i made a change,now Im happy:cheerleader:

no problems with my t-rex stands even when i was jumping up and down on the bike to check back tire clearance... and i'm 300lbs... :laugh: sorry they didn't work for you...

my opinion, very happy with T-Rex and the money I spent on them. If I had the cash I would have gotten something else.. No problems at all... I ALWAYS use 2 people to raise it up and down.. Safer that way..

Yes you are correct,t-rex stands do their job,Pit Bulls do the same job better,thats all im saying.if your happy with what you have there,then great,Im not happy so i made a change,now Im happy:cheerleader:

Not to argue with you, but how do pit bull stands do the job of lifting a bike better?

Seems to me that my bike on t-rex stands is just as lifted as your bike is on pit bull stands. I just paid less.

Not to argue with you, but how do pit bull stands do the job of lifting a bike better?

Seems to me that my bike on t-rex stands is just as lifted as your bike is on pit bull stands. I just paid less.
knock it off.... made me spit coffee.... :laugh:

I heard a ZX14 owner taking smack about the busa too... his opinion was the Busa was a POS too.... so to each his own..

I put kick stand down and stand on the right side of the bike, so kickstand will save any left sided tip overs and Im on the right to keep it from tilting to the right, rather then lifting up on the tail section I use my foot and push down on the stand wich is the way they are ment to be used, then they will roll forward and lift at the same time

Back