Never been to an AMA Superbike race

thelakeshow2k

Registered
I'm a race newbie and would like to know what I would get for my $30 general admission ticket. For those that have been to an AMA race (thinking about Fontana, CA race, this March) I have some questions:

1) If I buy general admission tickets, am I assigned a specific seat (bleachers, infield, etc)?

2) Do I get to wander around the track, pits, etc during and in between races?

3) What time do the races usually start and end on Saturday?

4) What races are run on Saturday (qualifiers, prelims, etc)?

thanks.

I've only been to one. Last year I went to the one in Jersey. I paid 150 for paddock passes and the Sportbike club and the only thing extra that I got was a free T-shirt and they had a tent set up for us with free drinks and lunch. I also got to go to the pits during the race, but it wasn't as exciting as you think. Next time I think I'll just get the cheapest ticket and buy my own drinks and lunch.
Seating was open bleachers. Nothing was assigned. There was a VIP section but that cost a lot.

with genral you can rome around where you want and sit just about where you want
but to get into the pits you have to have a paddoks pass
race starts about 12 and ends around 4 or so
they usally have more than one race during the day

I'm a race newbie and would like to know what I would get for my $30 general admission ticket. For those that have been to an AMA race (thinking about Fontana, CA race, this March) I have some questions:

1) If I buy general admission tickets, am I assigned a specific seat (bleachers, infield, etc)?

2) Do I get to wander around the track, pits, etc during and in between races?

3) What time do the races usually start and end on Saturday?

4) What races are run on Saturday (qualifiers, prelims, etc)?

thanks.

can't tell ya about CA WSB races but in daytona?..at the Daytona 200 WSB race?..

1. no

2. I think if your GenAd?..(i'm not sure cause i never was "general admission but...)Only with a "Pit Pass" or those staying "Infield"..(which i always do when i go) i got a "Hot Pits" pass at the CCS races one time..that was cool..dudes right there tuning on tuning laps (prior to the actual race) jump'in over the wall with a usb cord to plug into the dude manning the laptop..tuning AF ratios not only to the bike but to the racers wrist movement..roll'in on hard outta every turn..multiple heat sensors on the tires (center/left/right) of both front and rear communicating "tire heat" info which in turn gets relayed back to the racer in the form of professional advise ala 24 Hours of Lemans and wether or not to roll'er on in for a new set or?..stay in it but ease up a bit on he lefts! :laugh:

3. over the years?..10:00am-about 2:00pm seems to be the sweet spot but i get there early and watch'em all...except this year..which is why i'm depressed and typing a lot on the net today...gotta play "SoundMan" for a buddy of mines band who got a major gig 2nite here in Port Saint Lucie...which if it wasn't so cold this morning?...i could've made BOTH and should've shot up there to watch shid like this...

JSD_0213.jpg

but no...i hadta wuss out. :banghead: gett'in old i guess. :banghead:

4. "THE RACES"...he11...most all the teams get there days ahead of time justa run he11 outta the track and T&T (test/tune/practice)...and when that 1 minute warning horn goes of?...for the umbrella girls to get off the track?...and what's left is 45 of the worlds top hooligans on two wheels make their final adjustments and mental preparations to do battle on the fastest motorcycle track in the world?...i could puke for them..and then?...BANG! it's on!!!..200 miles worth of flat out backstraight speeds exceeding well over 200mph and elbowing their way through the corners!!!...without so much as a seatbelt let alone a roll cage! :rofl:

ruined me though...as ever since i witnessed my first real WSB race live at the daytona 200 infield?...i don't know wether i wanna watch nascar or?...

yawn and take a freak'in nap. :poke: :rofl:

l8r, Bill. :cool:

Back