pistol advice

Since everyone is posting pics of their smiths. :laugh:

Here's mine.

image-249066258.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

image-249066258.jpg

How about a revolver? NOBODY is going to claim the 357 magnum isn't powerful enough. Lol

image-869027266.jpg

image-869027266.jpg

Yup that's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. Only reason I brought up the 9mm vs 40 is because a couple of the people I have talked to have said they "think" a 9mm doesn't have enough stopping power. I'm new to pistols so figured I would ask here since we have a lot of gun nuts

More people have been killed with a .22 than any other pistol caliber. The 9MM is the SMALLEST most pro's will consider. But it's easy to shoot, hold on target and you can carry about 15 rounds in a G19. All you're trying to do with it is GET AWAY. And you can get some pretty decent carry ammo for it (Hornady Critical Defense comes to mind) that makes it almost as good as .40 ball.

I've also got the same model as the G19 in 40 caliber. It kicks way harder and it much more of a handful to handle - which is why the 9MM is a great caliber. In addition, you married? Are you gonna want something your wife will also be able to handle? My wife loves my G19 but she won't touch the .40...

If you are gonna do that, why not go for the original instead of the copy?

I can't tell from my phone but if these are officer sized 1911's I wouldn't trust my life to them. Even the commander sized have been known to be finicky. If you want a 1911 get a full sized. I personally don't see the benefit of carrying a 1911. You can get the same round count or even more in a much smaller and lighter handgun. Again that's just my opinion and I'm certainly not bashing the 1911. I love em.

I can't tell from my phone but if these are officer sized 1911's I wouldn't trust my life to them. Even the commander sized have been known to be finicky. If you want a 1911 get a full sized. I personally don't see the benefit of carrying a 1911. You can get the same round count or even more in a much smaller and lighter handgun. Again that's just my opinion and I'm certainly not bashing the 1911. I love em.

When you can read from a place you can see pics, you'll understand :)

If you can see the pics, you'd be right these are the smaller 1911's.

My Springfield XDs .45 is supposed to be in by the end of the week, can't wait! Supposedly the smallest .45 available and suprisingly accurate for a 3.3" barrel. I am still considering an MP Signal .40 as I like the round and have plenty and lord knows you can't have too many handguns!

More people have been killed with a .22 than any other pistol caliber. The 9MM is the SMALLEST most pro's will consider. But it's easy to shoot, hold on target and you can carry about 15 rounds in a G19. All you're trying to do with it is GET AWAY. And you can get some pretty decent carry ammo for it (Hornady Critical Defense comes to mind) that makes it almost as good as .40 ball.

I've also got the same model as the G19 in 40 caliber. It kicks way harder and it much more of a handful to handle - which is why the 9MM is a great caliber. In addition, you married? Are you gonna want something your wife will also be able to handle? My wife loves my G19 but she won't touch the .40...

This is true never thought of it like that. I have shot my Buddy's walther p22 and its a fun little gun. A blast to shoot and cheap too

If you are gonna do that, why not go for the original instead of the copy?

Not a Kimber fan unless you get into the $3k up customs and then there are better builders out there in that $ range.

I carry a Kahr CM9 on a daily basis with an IWB holster. My wife carries a Walther PPK/S .22 in an IWB holster.

We have shotguns, AR's and pistols in the house. A weapon is a personal choice, and no one can tell you what is right for you. A lot of people like to talk up Glock, but I prefer other manufacturers for no particular reason. Go to a gun shop and hold/aim a few of them and see what feels good in your hand. They all shoot bullets, but they don't all feel the same.

As far as stopping power, you have to realize that a hit with a smaller caliber that you can shoot reliably is a lot better than a miss with a large caliber. Also, as mentioned above, plenty of people use .22 as a defensive round. This is why I have no problem with my wife carrying a .22. She is a crack shot with it, and is literally uncomfortable with my 9mm that I carry. So, if she needs to, she can hit the target several times with a .22 instead of missing with my 9mm.

The act of being shot is very traumatic to someone, even in a high stress environment. So, taking stopping power into a defensive round is a small consideration in my opinion. Unless you are trying to stop a truck, shoot through body armor or some other highly unpractical situation. If you are looking to protect yourself or your family, get something that is comfortable to you and then look at the configurations and options.

We need more gun pics in here..

What about a shotgun for the home?

DSC_0009.JPG

That M&P compact is sharp! Might have to mosey down the street to the store and check out pricing.

I have a personal rule about not posting my gun pics to the internet..but sometimes, I'm really tempted :)

I trade, sell, give away so many that its just impossible to keep up with them all....

Back