pistol advice

Ok how about this one? I had a G20 at one point and hate I sold it. It got me into reloading and I worked up some pretty hot loads for the thing. This one will not buff out.

2rr2w68.jpg

Dang Bots, you got me typing in Gun Kabooms and seems every gun made has pics of it bombed out...

Professor: You are right- a lot of this comes down to individual preference. For you, the M&P naturally 'points'; for me the Glock does; most likely due to the amount of time/rounds you've practiced/shot it.

Could be but I fired many many rounds through Glocks. I still could not just pick it up, close my eyes, point it on target, open my eyes, and it be very close to the height I expected. I can with the Smiths, Sigs, Berrettas, and most others I've owned. Believe me I tried. The Glock is just not natural with me but that is an individual issue. I know others must be just the opposite.

Ok how about this one? I had a G20 at one point and hate I sold it. It got me into reloading and I worked up some pretty hot loads for the thing. This one will not buff out.

2rr2w68.jpg

Well, its a good thing for you it's broken... Your holding it backwards!

don't know if this has already mentioned but also keep in mind when shopping around that some pistols have interchangeable barrels to switch caliber size in case you want to tone it down some ie going from .40cal to 9mm

I love my Beretta P96. I like the weight, it fits my hands and it is almost identical to the P92/M9 I used in the Air Force. If I run out of ammo I can always pistol whip the bad guy. Never liked the idea of plastic guns.

I also have an M9. It is prone to feed failures as it gets dirty. Not for CCW as the OP hints. We used to have to lube the crap out of them during weapons Qual...and first round double-action can be 'disconcerting'...yet, it's one of the safer pistols to carry in condition one (round in chamber) because the hammer is down which is why the DoD chose it....

The 96 is .40 caliber and I have yet to have it jam once. I do keep my guns in spotless condition and clean them after every outing. It is the ex armorer in me and I can't help it. I used to carry a .38 and when we got the M9s our qual scores went up. If I felt the need, I would have no problem cc carry with it.

If you keep it clean, it will do what you need when you need it (my past makes me what my weapons spotless too)...

My Glocks are spotless too (but they don't have to be to function)...

Back