Pipe set up

head east busa

Donating Member
Registered
Ok I have been looking to get a new set of pipes to lower the weight and get a little more hp. I am not very familier with this sort of thing and where I like the sound and the matte black look option of the slash cut Voo doos I was wondering if they would actually decrease my performance. I am asking the Gods of the forum for a little advice is a 4-1 setup a better option or a 4-2 set-up ideal for gaining or at least keeping the hp I have. I'm not expecting 20hp gains or anything crazy just a bump would be nice and I can't bring myself to add anything that would lower the performance over looks and sound. Any advice here ?

Oh it's an 07 and it already has the additional 20 hp due to the black color of the bike allowing it to slip through wind with 0 resistance :laugh:

Last edited:
yeah saw that but the question still remains which is the better bet overall I want to kll the weight but I'mlooking for good all around performance I wanted to go the slash cut voodoo route what I'm looking for is any input a to wether or not that would decrease performance and which set up is ideal for lowering weight and additional performance so is a 4-2 a better way to go or a 4-1 ?

I went through the same thing when i picked up the Akrapovic, wanted that slash cut. Sorry can't help answer your questions but on a full 4-2-1 system the Akra will be tough to beat.

Good luck and I am sure someone will be along to help you out!

I have a K9. I went with the Voo Doo exhaust with baffles. I didn't want to go straight pipes because I still wanted a little back pressure. I heard through the grapvine that the Voo Doo without baffles can mess up the valves. Not knowledgable enough to know the validity of that statement though.

Mani

someone here will know :thumbsup: I may need to hit up greg at gpw he seems to know this sort of thing just wish he was more in my neighborhood so I could have him do all the tuning as well

Here are a couple of pics of my set up in case you haven't already seen it. I hope I do this right.
hmm..... Not working from work computer I would have to do it when I get home tonight...sorry.

Mani

Profile.JPG

I love them. Not too obnoxiously loud, but they get their point across. I am in the military, so went with the baffles, so that I didn't catch grief trying to go through the gate.

nice i anted to go baffled too but matte black I like my bike subtle the chrom fits right with your color and frame

I found them for $499.00 plus $56.00 for the baffles. I also added the PC V. There was no mapping yet available so Suzuki recommended mapping them to the Two Brothers set up.

Last edited:
Ok, if your looking for a performance (gain) from slip-ons. I suggest the Tsukigi Racing SS/Oval slip-ons. With a tune we got 160 HP with a BMC Race filter and these slip-ons...keep in mind the best GEN I made 164 with a AKRA EVO with a custom length can on our dyno and a 2005 with a Tsukigi GENII SS/Oval on it at 166HP.

I can do the slip-ons for $650.00 plus shipping, I have two left for this price....they can come in satin black for an additional $150. We can also get the Two Brothers Mega-phone style slip-ons. Every bike we tested with these types GP styke of slip-ons on the Busa and ZX-14 produced less power than stock.

Last edited:
Hey just do a Muzzy full system for the 99-07 for $525 tyd,you can add a used pc be full ready for under $775...

there are many here on the .org that have forgot more about the busa than I will ever know. with that in mind i think akrapovic evolution are the best pipes. considering looks, sound, and performance.

i think brocks is right there but they are much louder.

if i was in the market for a pipe for my gen 1 i would seriously consider the used akra in the classifieds. just my 2cents

Hey just do a Muzzy full system for the 99-07 for $525 tyd,you can add a used pc be full ready for under $775...
I am willing to bet we can make as much power with a set of PCIII tuned high quality Tsukigi slip-ons and an air filter....... :whistle:

Last edited:
Back