dump pipe

bradsbusa

Registered
has any body fabrcated a dump pipe with out turbo ,,, does look cool ,,,, loose or gain hp .... or how about headers with a short pipe that is hp beneficial ,,,,,, still like the dump pipie even if have to cut fairing

052307_19401.jpg

Brad it would be a crime to cut the plastics on that bike for anything less that a turbo . That has got to be the nicest maroon/Black I have ever seen . Or Red/Black whatever the case may be . Some painted inners and a Tobin seat would look nice too.

It'll be way loud, the turbo acts almost like a muffler would and without it you would just have a straight pipe.

I think coming straight off the head with a dump pipe would be loud and the bike might not run. You would also probably see some bluish white fire coming out of it. Now throw it on the end of a turbo and you'll be doing business.

Actually, what this guy is talking about, it'll be REAL loud. Think no baffle sidewinder. That's freakin loud.

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 20 2007,10:43) It is not as loud as everyone thinks it would be.
I think it would be if the pipe is only 12" long. It's gonna be louder than the guys who don't run mufflers.

It seems like it'd be pretty expensive (read not worth it) to modify a set of headers to dump like a turbo. There would be a fair amount of work involved taking the 4 pipes bringin them together and out. Basically what you would have is a Brock Sidewinder exhaust without everything you see outside of the fairing.

busa%20sidewinder.jpg

Take the muffler and collector out and there's your non-turbo dump.

It'd be interesting to hear...I wonder how it would perform though.

A guy we ride with has a dump pipe on a 600 comming straight off the heads and all i can say is we keep his loud ass in the back. Dont get me wrong i dont mind a loud bike but damn you think a harley is loud they got nothing on his dump pipe.

We had two guys at our last little get together here in Eureka Springs that had dumps. One had a Yoshi header and dumped on the right side of the bike. The other guy had just cut his mid pipes. They were not too loud under normal riding; however, when they opened the bikes up they got real loud and nasty. Not my cup of tea, but definately rideable in town.

Don

Me thinks when you ride by the SLEEPING LEO, he will look like this  
SHOCKED.gif
. Just before you meet him looking like this  
mad.gif

firedevil.gif

i know a guy that has done just this sort of thing...........sounds like crap and runs even worse. He likes it, but after he butchered his exhaust I guess its a good thing?!

i ran straight pipes and it wasnt really that loud...but it sounded like a honda with a cheap exhaust. and it did hurt my performance on the torque down low, and it ran funny when it was cold. keep the pipes unless you go turbo

Sitting at a stop light,does the exhaust from a dump pipe come right up at your face?

RSD.

Darn. I'd like to see and hear it. Although, like I and other said, I don't think it'd work very well though.

Back