Difference in Exhausts on Dyno

You should read through the whole articles first...

The Busa Gen 2 dyno map was bone stock vs. exhaust, no air filter, MR9 fuel, extended rev limit, and LSR A/F tune. So the results weren't strictly pipe to pipe.

The zx14 diary it's noted under the dyno sheet you posted, "This Chart represents the max power we obtained with our track tune up and map using the Gen3 system, Power Commander with map, VP MR9 fuel, Alisyn oil with the stock air cleaner removed."

which means the gain was also from more than just swapping pipes.

I don't think anyone who purchased a Brock exhaust system has been dissapointed with the results.

Last edited:
Here's Brocks dyno chart and link to his 08 busa mod diary......he claims about 23hp gain from just his pipe lol
:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Hayabusa Chronicles Part 2 ::

Here's his dyno chart and link to his 06 14 mod diary.....he claims almost 25hp from his pipe lol
:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Brock Davidson's ZX-14 Diary - Part 1 ::
Pretty good considering the average pipe gets you 9-12hp. I wonder what his trick is? :laugh:
Greg at least you get to see proof of the "famed" 195+hp pipes you were talking about lol
Who needs nitrous when you can just slap one of these on :lol:

look at how many pulls it took to get those numbers 72 dyno pulls? Run 9 compared to run 81...wear that bad boy out!! :thumbsup:

look at how many pulls it took to get those numbers 72 dyno pulls? Run 9 compared to run 81...wear that bad boy out!! :thumbsup:

If at first you dont succeed, try and try and try and try and try...well you get the point:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You should read through the whole articles first...

The Busa Gen 2 dyno map was bone stock vs. exhaust, no air filter, MR9 fuel, extended rev limit, and LSR A/F tune. So the results weren't strictly pipe to pipe.

The zx14 diary it's noted under the dyno sheet you posted, "This Chart represents the max power we obtained with our track tune up and map using the Gen3 system, Power Commander with map, VP MR9 fuel, Alisyn oil with the stock air cleaner removed."

which means the gain was also from more than just swapping pipes.

I don't think anyone who purchased a Brock exhaust system has been dissapointed with the results.
I did read through the whole articles, and thats why I posted the links :thumbsup: I could have just posted the dyno charts and left it at that, but I wanted to share everything to be fair :beerchug: I'm not knocking Brocks stuff, its just as good as anything else out there...and his customer/map service is among the best. I'd have no problem buying one of his pipes if it fit my needs :thumbsup: I'm just trying to point out that unfortunately the noobs who try to come online to get info on things like exhaust performance have a hard time getting true information, due to all the advertising, dyno, bs, and other highly variable factors that dramatically affect internet information. You have info like Brocks showing his gains with a pipe/filter ect......then you have other guys/shops showing half the gains with the same set ups...and sometimes even the same pipes. Where's a poor guy supposed to find any solid, believable info to help him make a pipe decision? Maybe I'm just expecting too much :banghead: Basically I'm just venting :laugh::poke::rofl:

whenever i see a bowflex comercial on TV I know that statements they make about their results might not work exactly the same way for my fat azz.

What bugs me is when some over state, or give half truths, or provide emotional results. Those tend to bug me the most.

I did read through the whole articles, and thats why I posted the links :thumbsup: I could have just posted the dyno charts and left it at that, but I wanted to share everything to be fair :beerchug: I'm not knocking Brocks stuff, its just as good as anything else out there...and his customer/map service is among the best. I'd have no problem buying one of his pipes if it fit my needs :thumbsup: I'm just trying to point out that unfortunately the noobs who try to come online to get info on things like exhaust performance have a hard time getting true information, due to all the advertising, dyno, bs, and other highly variable factors that dramatically affect internet information. You have info like Brocks showing his gains with a pipe/filter ect......then you have other guys/shops showing half the gains with the same set ups...and sometimes even the same pipes. Where's a poor guy supposed to find any solid, believable info to help him make a pipe decision? Maybe I'm just expecting too much :banghead: Basically I'm just venting :laugh::poke::rofl:
it has been my experience on race motors (and lets say for the sake of argument here, that we are talking about a race setup.. reason being is anyone riding a street machine that is going to hash exhaust systems based on published dyno run charts is going to be rudely disappointed anyway... Most of the performance gain to be had by any of these systems is the loss of weight over gain in power anyway I would bet.. Dyno sheets are like bench racing stories :whistle: )

We can build 3 identical race motors and not a single one runs the same as either of the other 2.. Spec motor builders have battled this forever.. (Ohio George Montgomery is one of the best).. You can run 3 different cams, and one motor will run better with an oddball.. Same with exhaust headers.. 2 motors might like one pipe and motor 3 will want the other pipe.. just has to do with magical combination's in tuning and a bit of luck..

Another thing to consider is a pipe that makes max output on the dyno may be the least "rideable" pipe as it has moved the torque curve up into a less friendly area of the RPM range.. There are no free power gains for the most part..

I would never buy a street pipe based on power output, but I would buy based on looks and sound. :) JMO

I bet I have ridden with at least a 100 different members here over the last couple years and I could not tell you who had the fastest bike (give or take 10 hp) but I sure remember the ones that were so loud you could not ride anywhere near them.. :rofl:

Last edited:
I bet I have ridden with at least a 100 different members here over the last couple years and I could not tell you who had the fastest bike (give or take 10 hp) but I sure remember the ones that were so loud you could not ride anywhere near them.. :rofl:

Good point...well taken!

Man, I really like the sound of my Micron Slip-ons, I hate to give that up. However, if I "KNEW" I could get 10 or more HP out of a 4-2-1 pipe, I think I would do that.

Man, I really like the sound of my Micron Slip-ons, I hate to give that up. However, if I "KNEW" I could get 10 or more HP out of a 4-2-1 pipe, I think I would do that.
I went from Micron slip ons to a 4-2-1 TiForce... what a beautiful looking item they were.. the Slip-ons actually were louder but I like the sound of the 4-2-1 (old school sound)..

Its official, brocks makes 10hp over a modiffied yosh full system. Made 191 on the tire without the NOS and need to go back in a couple weeks with a fresh bottle to finish the NOS map. I ran out and so did the tuner.

im kinda curious to know what all other mods you've had done to achieve 191?

it has been my experience on race motors (and lets say for the sake of argument here, that we are talking about a race setup.. reason being is anyone riding a street machine that is going to hash exhaust systems based on published dyno run charts is going to be rudely disappointed anyway... Most of the performance gain to be had by any of these systems is the loss of weight over gain in power anyway I would bet.. Dyno sheets are like bench racing stories :whistle: )

We can build 3 identical race motors and not a single one runs the same as either of the other 2.. Spec motor builders have battled this forever.. (Ohio George Montgomery is one of the best).. You can run 3 different cams, and one motor will run better with an oddball.. Same with exhaust headers.. 2 motors might like one pipe and motor 3 will want the other pipe.. just has to do with magical combination's in tuning and a bit of luck..

Another thing to consider is a pipe that makes max output on the dyno may be the least "rideable" pipe as it has moved the torque curve up into a less friendly area of the RPM range.. There are no free power gains for the most part..

I would never buy a street pipe based on power output, but I would buy based on looks and sound. :) JMO

As usual excellent points Mr. B :thumbsup: I agree, moving the power way up the rpm range will look good on paper.....but make a pita bike to ride on the street, although it'll be a great track bike :laugh:

I somehow always manage to be "THAT GUY:banghead:" I try to stay near the back so as to not deafen those around me.... HINDLE stepped race headers and Megacone with the baffle intstalled. With other mods tuned to 197HP on a good day.

But damn a downshift that smacks the bike into 6 to 8k or WOT in that area seems to wake the neighbors... Sounds good against a canyon wall...

I somehow always manage to be "THAT GUY:banghead:" I try to stay near the back so as to not deafen those around me.... HINDLE stepped race headers and Megacone with the baffle intstalled. With other mods tuned to 197HP on a good day.

But damn a downshift that smacks the bike into 6 to 8k or WOT in that area seems to wake the neighbors... Sounds good against a canyon wall...
noise wh0re... and yes I saw the 117dba on the meter at bash... you should be banned to the back of the pack from now on... :rofl:

Last edited:
And it's really fun to go to a public event where they have an outdoor DYNO and stand back and watch the people gather around till they start it and then everyone starts grabbing their ears and backing away in pain when it hits about 9000 RPM's with a load on it...

Ask John, his bike draws a crowd and mine scares them away :laugh:

And it's really fun to go to a public event where they have an outdoor DYNO and stand back and watch the people gather around till they start it and then everyone starts grabbing their ears and backing away in pain when it hits about 9000 RPM's with a load on it...

Ask John, his bike draws a crowd and mine scares them away :laugh:
I was not going to tell you this but what scares them away is not the bike...

Im just sayn.... :whistle: :rofl:

Back