Difference in Exhausts on Dyno

Am i the only one here that likes the sound of the duals over the single pipe?
No, but I'm thinking I must be the only one who likes the sound of the stock pipes! Nice throaty growl without any of the raspy (high frequency) of the aftermarket pipes.

Fortunately, the stock setup makes more than enough power for me. At least for now anyway. :lol:

No, but I'm thinking I must be the only one who likes the sound of the stock pipes! Nice throaty growl without any of the raspy (high frequency) of the aftermarket pipes.

Fortunately, the stock setup makes more than enough power for me. At least for now anyway. :lol:

Nothing wrong with that. I've got my stock pipe and o2 sensor. Just in case...

My bike has plenty of power, but I heard the aftermarket exhaust allows the bike to breathe easier and there is more even throttle response across the band.

According to Brock his pipes make about twice what every other pipe makes...25 or so hp compared to about 12 for the others. :

Am I reading this right or do I need to go get my glasses? ???

A 25 HP gain from pipes alone? :please:

Its official, brocks makes 10hp over a modiffied yosh full system. Made 191 on the tire without the NOS and need to go back in a couple weeks with a fresh bottle to finish the NOS map. I ran out and so did the tuner.
same results on mine

I have done a lot of research on this board and the net and have found the Tsukigi full exhaust and Brocks Full Exhaust (Alien, Megaphone, etc) seem to produce the most gain in hp on the dyno. I have read some posts where people have switched from Yoshi to Brocks or Tsukigi and see huge gains. Why would there be that big of a difference in these pipes in performance on the dyno?
You have to keep in mind that any/all dyno results should be taken with a grain of salt..

No two dyno's are going to output identical readings on identical bikes
The same dyno is going to show differences in readings from day to day due to ambient conditions (this can be minimized but still there)
The actual HP numbers should never be taken as gospel.. due to the above reasons

Short of it all is that a dyno sheet is really only relative to a plus or minus on the same bike on the same day under the same conditions (and this is up for debate)..

Even if the machine says 180hp, it could be off up to 10% from any other dyno..

If I was a pipe builder looking for the biggest change, I would dyno your pipe in the middle of August and then run my pipe in December :)

you wont see huge gains from any of them.
Of course the people making and selling them will say different.

I need to read up on mine. A member here stated I would see 9 RWHP gain. I like the look and sound of the 4 in 1 and have for over thirty years. The weight loss is an added bonus. The factory pipes on my '08 were improved and I really liked the sound of them. The other significant sound change on the '08 was the whine of the tranny :whistle:

+1 on all of the dual vs single sound setups!

Duals to me sound deeper. You can try to make out the sound of my duals if you can hear them thru the dyno fans.

th_2brosmontage.jpg

The interesting thing about duals, is that I've read that some of the dual systems on the +08 bikes makes really good power, maybe more than the single setups. But then you have to decide what's better, the couple of hp gain or the wt reduction of a single setup.

Last edited:
I have heard that you get more hp benefit from a stock bike by adding a better flowing air filter than an aftermarket exhaust. They look and sound different than stock, all determined by personal preferance. I am curious as to what engine mods require a more flowing exhaust. The aftermarket full system should have steped pipes and better scavenging atributes...Brocks stuff is starting to grow on me.

Don't believe anyone that is telling you 25 more HP than stock....I will take that bet all day long. And someone hit it on the head....all dyno's are not the same....one of the first things you should ask for when looking at a dyno chart is the air/fuel......one pipe might be more lean then another and show bigger numbers...weather is also another factor....when we dyno our race bike we use the same dyno and try to compare numbers on the same day...but the weather and be cool in the morning and put up good numbers and then get warm in the afternoon and throw everything off....dyno's are just a tunning tool! :beerchug:

Don't believe anyone that is telling you 25 more HP than stock....I will take that bet all day long. And someone hit it on the head....all dyno's are not the same....one of the first things you should ask for when looking at a dyno chart is the air/fuel......one pipe might be more lean then another and show bigger numbers...weather is also another factor....when we dyno our race bike we use the same dyno and try to compare numbers on the same day...but the weather and be cool in the morning and put up good numbers and then get warm in the afternoon and throw everything off....dyno's are just a tunning tool! :beerchug:

So what kinds of average gains would you see from a Tsukigi over stock pipe? Maybe 8-10 hp?

don't believe anyone that is telling you 25 more hp than stock....i will take that bet all day long. And someone hit it on the head....all dyno's are not the same....one of the first things you should ask for when looking at a dyno chart is the air/fuel......one pipe might be more lean then another and show bigger numbers...weather is also another factor....when we dyno our race bike we use the same dyno and try to compare numbers on the same day...but the weather and be cool in the morning and put up good numbers and then get warm in the afternoon and throw everything off....dyno's are just a tunning tool! :beerchug:
+ 10000, climate controlled dyno rooms offer a excellent test cell along with humidity control... 25 HP from a pipe on a Gen II Busa is impossible..

Last edited:
+ 10000, climate controlled dyno rooms offer a excellent test cell along with humidity control... 25 HP from a pipe on a Gen II Busa is impossible..
Here's Brocks dyno chart and link to his 08 busa mod diary......he claims about 23hp gain from just his pipe lol
:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Hayabusa Chronicles Part 2 ::

Here's his dyno chart and link to his 06 14 mod diary.....he claims almost 25hp from his pipe lol
:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Brock Davidson's ZX-14 Diary - Part 1 ::
Pretty good considering the average pipe gets you 9-12hp. I wonder what his trick is? :laugh:
Greg at least you get to see proof of the "famed" 195+hp pipes you were talking about lol
Who needs nitrous when you can just slap one of these on :lol:

08 busa brocks pipe 23hp gain.jpg

06 14 Brocks pipe 25hp gain.jpg

Back