Pics of some recent upgrades to Violet

the crack-berry kinda scares me when I think about you ridding and trying to read something from the screen on it. ???

Omar's got a "problem" and can't resist being connected to the globe at all times :laugh:

I think he's just beginning to admit his problem, but I see the shoe phone is still attached to the Busa *sigh* :whistle:

the bike really looks nice. Nice n clean and that added paint work really blends well. :bowdown:

the crack-berry kinda scares me when I think about you ridding and trying to read something from the screen on it. ???

In your first pic, on the left side can you elborate on the switches mounted by the horn button... curious how you mounted that housing and where you picked it up.

Thanks!

Actually, the phone is there just to be able to be plugged into the charger. It's bluetooth attached to the Zumo, so I don't even need to look at it or hit a button on it.

The button/switch next to the horn is the Push-To-Talk button for the Autocom system; it controls the two-way radio. The red button is the PTT button and the switch (3 position) controls whether it's VOX, PTT, or constant on. I mounted it with industrial-strength double-sided tape.

Thanks!

Actually, the phone is there just to be able to be plugged into the charger. It's bluetooth attached to the Zumo, so I don't even need to look at it or hit a button on it.

The button/switch next to the horn is the Push-To-Talk button for the Autocom system; it controls the two-way radio. The red button is the PTT button and the switch (3 position) controls whether it's VOX, PTT, or constant on. I mounted it with industrial-strength double-sided tape.

Blah blah blah blah

See, the guy's got issues :whistle:

Can you still the gauges with the GPS there?
Nice ride BTW:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep - No problems with seeing the gauges. If I think about it tomorrow, I'll take a pic of my 'point of view'...

Here's what it looks like from my 'vantage point'. You can see, most of the speedo is easily visible. I purposely have the Zumo offset to the right a bit; I wanted the tach to be visible. I pretty much gauge my speed by the Tach and gear selection... Plus, the Zumo tells me how fast I'm going. LOL

Also, FWIW, I'm average height: 5'7". LOL So, a taller person may see more of the guages...

CIMG5532.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking pics... glad you finally cleaned up all the wiring for your set-up; you must have let some hack loose on your electronics or something. That is an awesome set up and now I have to do my calipers as well! Jeez, I hate trying to keep up with the you :)

Hey, watch that switch. You don't want to hit it accidentally to constant on. Especially when you have a passenger... and your MP3 player craps out during a group ride... and you get bored... and start singing... to who ever happens to be on that channel. :whistle:

Great looking pics... glad you finally cleaned up all the wiring for your set-up; you must have let some hack loose on your electronics or something. That is an awesome set up and now I have to do my calipers as well! Jeez, I hate trying to keep up with the you :)

Yeah, you should have seen it; it was as if the guy was half asleep when he wired it!

Back