I got my Zumo 550 today

I just ordered one too from the link you posted. I couldn't resist. I had been looking at them and had found one for 699 but was still undecided.

I met you on that ride last August. I had driven up from Virginia Beach but live in Blue Ridge now. Teaching school after retirement from the Navy.

Richard

very nice and functional. I might have to add that to my long list of things to do

Very nice. It's on my list for the FJR.

Warren, did you download the latest firmware from Garmin? It's supposed to fix a few annoyances and flaws in the code.

Thanks Warren. I definitly got to get one.
Thanks for the sites guys.
beerchug.gif

(05bulldog @ Feb. 24 2007,22:59) i got mine here for $659.  Their price fluctuates for some reason...i check it one day and it says $999, but others it says $659.  mine has shipped and my card was only charged for the lower price plus shipping and a couple of other small things I ordered!!  Can't wait to get it!!  
super.gif

Thanks for the pics!!
Your right about that.
Today it's for $899.99 on that site.

Looks Great! I just got the Zumo 550 from the wife for my birthday, How did you wire both the GPs And Radar Detector?

That looks incredible!! very well done, That cockpit would be incredible. careful on rough landing wheelies..
super.gif

no pics of mine yet, but I got it and went for a ride this past weekend!! LOVE IT!! can not wait for some adventuring in a couple of weeks!! LOL!!
beerchug.gif

eek2.gif
wow.gif
super.gif
cool.gif

thats it... when i retire from the military i need a higher paying job...
pissed.gif

So I bought mine from:
buydig.com do not remember the exact price but it was under $650. I then got a protective screen from amazon. This unit is AWESOME. Its much better than what I expected. I put in a 8gig sd card for my mp3s, have it hooked up to my bluetooth phone, it automatically pulled in my phones address book.... Could not be any happier with it. Have not messed around with hooking it up to my bike yet.

I have the Zumo as well. Mine goes back and forth from the bike to the car. Love it!

Nice. Do you have a Bluetooth headset?

Heated gear lets me ride in 30 degree temps here in Massachusetts. Maybe the can be used for the controls for the heated gear?

The blue tooth head sets were a pain to install and there was not much room for the mic. However it is sweet. The voice navigation is good bike to bike good music not good.
I am now looking for a mount for the garmin the ones that come with it are terrible, places the gps just about under your arm pit.

Almost forgot I also have a splash screen for the zumo that has the kanji on it let me know if you want it.

Back