I got my Zumo 550 today

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
After reading lots of reviews, I decided to put my money down on the Garmin Zumo 550 instead of the Tom Tom Rider. I'm sure I'd be happy with either, but I went with the Zumo because of the universal praise and the fact that I've already got a Garmin C330 in the car. It comes with 2 types of Ram-mounts depending on bar type, and the install was easy. Now if it was just a bit warmer I could give you a real world test

(In addition to the bluetooth, MP3 player, etc, I like the little motorcycle icon on the screen instead of the generic direction arrow or car)
cool.gif

zumo2.jpg

mine should be here on Tuesday!! Can't wait to get it and try all of it out! thanks for the pics!
beerchug.gif

(hydrabusa @ Feb. 23 2007,16:52) Now thats D cockpit I'm talking about...
SHOCKED.gif
I guess the cockpit is a bit crowded now. I've still got some room on the right side though. Any suggestions?
laugh.gif

(warbrown @ Feb. 24 2007,11:42)
(hydrabusa @ Feb. 23 2007,16:52) Now thats D cockpit I'm talking about...
SHOCKED.gif
I guess the cockpit is a bit crowded now.  I've still got some room on the right side though.  Any suggestions?  
laugh.gif
you could mount the antenna for XM reception there
biggrin.gif

btw, nice looking cockpit
beerchug.gif

How is the fit?
Did you have to move anything?
I'm leaning towards the zumo myself.
I bought the nuvi 660 for the car and love it.

Very nice Warren! I am mounting up my Garmen 2650 as soon as I get my stem mount, which is on back order.

Tom.

Can you log in GPS coordinates, as in Latitudes and Longitudes ? And does it go down to min or sec in Lats and Longs  
rock.gif

(DaCol. @ Feb. 24 2007,10:51) Can you log in GPS coordinates, as in Latitudes and Longitudes ? And does it go down to min or sec in Lats and Longs
rock.gif
Yes, you can enter coordinates manually. Not sure about your second question.

(ike @ Feb. 24 2007,10:11) How is the fit?
Did you have to move anything?
I'm leaning towards the zumo myself.
I bought the nuvi 660 for the car and love it.
The fit is nice, and with the dual ball /socket setup it's easy to move to just the right height and position. It just attaches to the clutch mount , replacing the stock screws with longer ones to accomodate the mount. It's a bit blurry in the first close-up pic, but you can vaugely see the mount. Didn't have to move a thing, and left my stemstand free for the radar detector.

i got mine here for $659. Their price fluctuates for some reason...i check it one day and it says $999, but others it says $659. mine has shipped and my card was only charged for the lower price plus shipping and a couple of other small things I ordered!! Can't wait to get it!!
super.gif

Thanks for the pics!!

Back