Opinions Please

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I have a neighbor whom owns a 1969 Camaro. Just a plain Camaro, no Z or SS. It's blue with white interior and is just a daily driver and the pain shines but nothing special. Motor runs good, 350 CI. He wants to have a raffel and says he will adversties locally and on craigs list like every state and have a cut off of Dec 09. His tickets will only be $5 buck each and I'm thinking, that sure is different and I guess he could pull it off and set down with his rules and procedures and document the car in detail and start posting on craigslist "god forbid" the idiots that will contact him like my FU fishtank sale! LOL But, anywho... what do you guys think about a 1969 Camaro raffel with a cutoff date of December timeframe and he will leave it up to the winner to come and get it. She is a driver! Thoughts and or suggestions, legal issues? He owns it with title in hand! :beerchug:

There are people out on the internet making money hand over fist, just asking for shipping and handling for some BS piece of crap, all day long. I for one would think it to be a scam and would not try my luck. THen again, i don't play the lottery or Keno or gamble either cuz I think it is all rigged. Just my .02

Why would he raffle it off and just not sell outright? It might work.

It would probably bring alot more in a raffle than it would outright if it is just a plain camaro.

This guy is pretty well off, contractor but business is slow. So, he is thinking of ways to generate money. Outright he has mentioned $15,000 and thougt... if I raffel and of course document the car, post photo's and I suggested even a movie with link to YOUTUBE so folks can see it then the raffle may be a hit. If this works out it would be great! The car is ligit and just a very nice daily driver with no rust! I for one would buy a ticket for a chance and think of every kid that seen this, they would, wife thinking of the hubby having a 69 Camaro for Christmas. This could really be a hit if we advertise correctly and photo the car.

It would probably bring alot more in a raffle than it would outright if it is just a plain camaro.

hmm.... so thats how you sell a car you want too much for(according to everyone). i have been trying(not that hard) to sell my chevelle and nobody want to pay for it. I personally think this is very smart if advertised right.

This guy is pretty well off, contractor but business is slow. So, he is thinking of ways to generate money. Outright he has mentioned $15,000 and thougt... if I raffel and of course document the car, post photo's and I suggested even a movie with link to YOUTUBE so folks can see it then the raffle may be a hit. If this works out it would be great! The car is ligit and just a very nice daily driver with no rust! I for one would buy a ticket for a chance and think of every kid that seen this, they would, wife thinking of the hubby having a 69 Camaro for Christmas. This could really be a hit if we advertise correctly and photo the car.

:thumbsup: Wouldnt it also be tax free money since it was a raffle?

That I don't know and that is why I post here because of so many smart folks like you Macon! I'll check it out on google unless someone confirms this which may be different per state.

:thumbsup: Wouldnt it also be tax free money since it was a raffle?

Thats just what i heard before but it probably would very from state to state.

Yea it could back fire on him. unless he states rules and guide lines.

Well he better look into the law because that could be considered a form of gambling. If that pans out then like some of the guys said it is not a sure thing unless he places a ticket sales minimum on the ad.

he can have a friend act as a stranger and say that person one the raffle and then sell the car and make double and give his buddy a few dollars for doing it.

Is requiring a certain amount of ticket sales??? cause if not to many people bite I doubt she will go through with it. How can you be sure that this raffle will be on the level an legit an that the winner isn't already picked. This sounds a little shady from a private party. I expect this from an organization that is sure to get enough raffle sales to do it.

Back