Opinions please. Need advice.

The state just doesn't have the money unless there's insurance available. You'd be surprised how fast it happens.

What's truly sad is the "Don't get involved" attitude in America these days. Simply knocking on the door and asking if he's okay might be the one thing that keeps someone from committing suicide. He's obviously hit bottom. You don't need to offer anything more than a friendly ear. It doesn't take more than a few minutes, and can make a huge difference in some peoples lives. That doesn't mean volunteer to do anything else. Just listen, and talking for a few minutes.

IT'S CALLED HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of you who posted in this thread should be ashamed of yourselves.

Last edited:
IT's hard to get involved sometimes, even if it's a close friend. ESPECIALLY if you've been there before. Once you reach out there is no pulling back and you find yourself living someone elses misery.

If he/she is a friend then you have to be there for them or you're not a friend...

But in this case, I'd have had a beer and prolly dialed 911 soon after. You're concerned, he's bouncing along at the bottom. He's not a friend, so it's not necessary to carry too much of the burden, but call a cop, Ambulance, something... Get him some help that way, quiz him find out if he has family somewhere.

Misery loves company, so be careful on how deeply involved you get if he's not a friend. I've come across folks who are determined to be miserable, they revel in it in fact and they are like Vampires in their efforts to suck to the good and happy outta your life...

So, help but keep your guard up.

Just be certain when you are making decisions that you can live with whatever the potential consequences might be...

Todays world is surprisingly insane. It's one thing to venture out in humanity on your own, quit a different story when you place others; especially your loved ones at risk in doing so. As stated before lend a careful ear with tremendous concern for those you love.

It's very easy to offer humanity. Unfortunately I've seen some horrendous results.

I wish all the best for the neighbor, but honestly my main concern is for the innocent that might get caught up in the neighbors rage.

It is a delicate balancing act today.

During the UFC fight last night my neighbor decided to show up at my house drunk off his ass and high on pain pills. He could barley stand and was slurring his speech really bad and was just being plain out annoying.

He then wanted me to walk outside with and proceeded to tell me that he had to kick his wife out of the house cause he caught her cheating on him. I was real sympathetic to him and tried to give him the best advice that I knew how.

Then he wanted me to come over to his house and have a beer with him which I hesitantly did. As soon as he got inside he fell down on to the table and knocked a bunch of stuff over.

Then he starts crying and telling me that his wife drained his checking account and the house payment hadn't been made in months and its in foreclosure. He said she took the kids as well.

I tried to get him to stop drinking but he wouldn't. The weird thing is that in the 4 years that I have been his neighbor ive talked to the guy only once or twice. He said he came to talk to me because I always seemed like the nicest guy in the world.

He then started asking me if I would be a character witness to help him get his kids back. I really don't want to get drug into this. I know nothing about him or his family.

I should go over there and check on him but honestly I really don't want to. I am very uncomfortable about the whole situation.

Any advise on what to do would be appreciated.

Just tell him to go out and find his smile.:thumbsup:

He obviously didn't leave it in his house. .

This country needs a whole lot more people smiling.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No Matter What.:lol::lol::lol:

What's truly sad is the "Don't get involved" attitude in America these days. Simply knocking on the door and asking if he's okay might be the one thing that keeps someone from committing suicide. He's obviously hit bottom. You don't need to offer anything more than a friendly ear. It doesn't take more than a few minutes, and can make a huge difference in some peoples lives. That doesn't mean volunteer to do anything else. Just listen, and talking for a few minutes.

Bruh I echo TruWrecks words!!! I would just go over and do a well being check. No matter what the reason for his martial problem he crying out for help! Look at this org threads! All of us are just looking for a ear to vent something good or bad! Plus, I wouldn't want to be the neighbor they interview after he kills himself or his family!!!

Side bar that's what wrong with us we do know each othere and afraid to listen to another point of view. And we wonder why we became a sue first society! And why our kids are running crazy! JM2cents...NCpanther01.//
:please::please:

You know there are 50 some pages of how devoted people on this site are to believeing in God and 2-3 pages of prayers and well wishes sent out to a guy so eager to chamber a round in his new handgun, so he is ready to kill someone, that he shoots himself. Yet here we have a guy whose life is crumbling around him and not one suggested saying a prayer for the guy. Some even suggested that the guy's wife's cheating was HIS fault.

Thanks to Thrash for clearing this up, but for God's sake this guys story may be all to common if more and more jobs are lost and good people find themselves suddenly out of work and feeling hopeless.

The next time someone comes to any of our doors it may be because God has faith that He can act through us, this may be the meaning behind Love thy neighbor.

OMG he was just on the news!

Evidently this morning while I was still a sleep he was held up in his house with weapons threating to kill his neighbor! Was the neighbor me?? No police came to my house so I can only assume it wasnt. The police busted down his door and arrested him!

HOLY COW!

Wild, that wasn't exactly the expected outcome of this situation.

To be honest, i think you should return the sweater and hat. See if he brings it up to you while he is sober. Obviously if the guy took pills and got drunk he is hurtin, to say he is a grown man and can deal with it himself is kinda leaving the guy hangin. I mean how would you feel if your wife did the same to you? He obviously is tryin to reach out...you might be a lot of help just goin over there and lettin him talk to you.

You know there are 50 some pages of how devoted people on this site are to believeing in God and 2-3 pages of prayers and well wishes sent out to a guy so eager to chamber a round in his new handgun, so he is ready to kill someone, that he shoots himself. Yet here we have a guy whose life is crumbling around him and not one suggested saying a prayer for the guy. Some even suggested that the guy's wife's cheating was HIS fault.

Thanks to Thrash for clearing this up, but for God's sake this guys story may be all to common if more and more jobs are lost and good people find themselves suddenly out of work and feeling hopeless.

The next time someone comes to any of our doors it may be because God has faith that He can act through us, this may be the meaning behind Love thy neighbor.

This might just be the best post you have ever wrote...

OMG he was just on the news!

Evidently this morning while I was still a sleep he was held up in his house with weapons threating to kill his neighbor! Was the neighbor me?? No police came to my house so I can only assume it wasnt. The police busted down his door and arrested him!

HOLY COW!

Wow. Time to move. Best of luck!

BTW for all you "Don't get involved" people, the drunken visit was him SCREAMING FOR HELP!!! Calling the police and telling them he was going to kill someone was his response to being ignored when he wants to be helped so badly he was willing to throw everything away just to get it.

Before you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, know this: I was in good company when I hit bottom. Someone was willing to make sure I got to a hospital so I could be helped by a professional. I was ready to pull the trigger when a neighbor knocked on my door to see if I was okay. I'm still here because that person cared enough to are me "Are you okay?"

Now he will have a criminal record, as well as loose everything else in his life. At least that is something you can put down in your karma list now.

Last edited:
you are just his neighbor. help him as much or as little as you want to or are able to. but yea that sure does suck

The problem is, you cannot ever have a rational discussion with a guy who is drunk. You may want to help. You may want to check up on him. You may want to give him advice but it is all for naught because it's not possible to give rational advice to a drunk. They have to sober up first. Then and ONLY then can you help the guy.

As for the cheating wife, the fact is, Thrasherfox is right. If someone is so dissatisfied with their relationship and they can't get it worked out because the other person is completely effed up, get divorced, THEN go play around if you must. Cheating is just cheating oneself. Having said that, if your spouse ever DOES cheat on you, you'd better do something about it if you want the barest chance of saving the relationship.

So no, I don't think it's possible for you to go over and do a, "how are ya?" visit when the guy's that loaded. Too bad he put himself beyond the point of no return.

--Wag--

If you're going to talk to him and lend an ear, do so only when he's sober or it's a waste of time. I'll pray for him tonight.

It is a really terrible truth that MOST of the time you have to let a person struggle with their issues and hit rock bottom before they will actually accept help and change anything. That being said this might have been his rock bottom, you never know. When someone is in active self destructive mode there is nothing anyone can do, especially those closest, that is going to make them help themselves. Once they truly hit rock bottom they will either be fortunate enough to still have people who care enough for them to help them through the rough times or terribly their fate won't be so well.

Back