Opinions please. Need advice.

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
During the UFC fight last night my neighbor decided to show up at my house drunk off his ass and high on pain pills. He could barley stand and was slurring his speech really bad and was just being plain out annoying.

He then wanted me to walk outside with and proceeded to tell me that he had to kick his wife out of the house cause he caught her cheating on him. I was real sympathetic to him and tried to give him the best advice that I knew how.

Then he wanted me to come over to his house and have a beer with him which I hesitantly did. As soon as he got inside he fell down on to the table and knocked a bunch of stuff over.

Then he starts crying and telling me that his wife drained his checking account and the house payment hadn't been made in months and its in foreclosure. He said she took the kids as well.

I tried to get him to stop drinking but he wouldn't. The weird thing is that in the 4 years that I have been his neighbor ive talked to the guy only once or twice. He said he came to talk to me because I always seemed like the nicest guy in the world.

He then started asking me if I would be a character witness to help him get his kids back. I really don't want to get drug into this. I know nothing about him or his family.

I should go over there and check on him but honestly I really don't want to. I am very uncomfortable about the whole situation.

Any advise on what to do would be appreciated.

he's a grown man...and what you DO know about him, is he's got an alchohol problem, a pill problem, a finance problem, and enough of each to cause his wife to leave him.

I'd lend the guy an ear if he needs it, but otherwise would probably stay clear.

You can't make a good character witness if you know nothing of him or his family. Tell him so but I have a feeling you won't need to. Odds are that he doesn't even remember the incident in the morning.

Ditton on the stay clear. Even though it's honorable to want to help people, A) some people are beyond help and B) you may not be qualified to give him the help he needs.

Very sad story going on everywhere.

--Wag--

Honesty is #1 with something like this. The only way I would ever stick up for someone, is if I truly knew them and knew they were in the right.....
Good luck

You can't make a good character witness if you know nothing of him or his family. Tell him so but I have a feeling you won't need to. Odds are that he doesn't even remember the incident in the morning.

Your probably right. If he does im sure he's embarrassed about the whole thing. I never would have suspected it. They always seemed like the whole some family you see on TV when I seen them out in the yard or something.

I just hope he don't show up again tonight.

I'm wondering why his wife decided to cheat on him in the first place? There is always a reason to drive another mate to do this....

I'm wondering why his wife decided to cheat on him in the first place? There is always a reason to drive another mate to do this....

Yeah im wondering that as well. I don't know. They always seemed real religious as well.

He`s a big boy. Let him be. Don`t get involved in his mess. You do not know the whole story.

He left his hat and sweat shirt over here last night. I need to return it to him. Maybe i'll just go set it on his porch when he leaves for work tomorrow.

agree

He left his hat and sweat shirt over here last night. I need to return it to him. Maybe i'll just go set it on his porch when he leaves for work tomorrow.

Throw it out, he wont remember anyway.:whistle: Honestly, if he was that f'ed up, he may not remember anything, so dont even mention any of it to him. You may just be off the hook already! :thumbsup:

Take him for a tandem jump, he'll have a whole new additute on life!! :laugh:

Throw it out, he wont remember anyway.:whistle: Honestly, if he was that f'ed up, he may not remember anything, so dont even mention any of it to him. You may just be off the hook already! :thumbsup:

Take him for a tandem jump, he'll have a whole new additute on life!! :laugh:

lol. He's a big guy I think he would be to heavy for a tandem. I hope he doesn't remember anything. That would be pretty sweet.

lol its a Michigan sweater and hat. You want it? If he don't claim it maybe I will send it to you. lol

Yeah, don't be a character witness because you don't know anything about him, and what you DO know...is not good.

Just be there, and be support if he wants it. (If he doesn't, that's fine too.)

You must be a great person if he come's to you in such a time of need...:bowdown:

lol its a Michigan sweater and hat. You want it? If he don't claim it maybe I will send it to you. lol

:laugh: I'll pass:whistle:

I'd wait till he's gone and put on his porch like you said. BUT then it might be a reminder to him of yallz conversation:banghead:

Maybe just hold on to it until he asks you about it OR everything passes:thumbsup:

Back