Firebird or Camaro

Always preferred the handling (and the looks) of the Pontiacs. But what?! No convertible? ! ! !

Now let me tell you about the time I had a brand new Firebird convertible, flying down route 10 between Phoenix and Tucson.

in June,

top down, air conditioning on high,

radio blaring,

with a missile strapped into the back seat.

Really. I am not making this up. :D

It's a Firebird and it's blue....only problem is I don't think I can get my son to sell it.

Dave and his Bird 2.jpg

I don't want to get him something that he would be too overwhelmed too quickly. He needs some pick up power but nothing radical... Thats why I was pleased when he said he was OK with a 6 cy.

It seems like he has his head on straight. The SS should be no problem. Soon he will outgrow it and will be ready for a Vette. Then you have to worry. Ohhh the stories I can't really talk about.

What she said. A good fox body in great condition can be had for that price. No offence to anyone, but the 4th gen Maro's and Firebirds fall apart. My daughter has a 94, so I can speak to this matter. Good luck with the search Cap, lots of good cars in that price range.

I have fixed the gen's for you since its NOT a 3rd gen... and the reason the car is falling apart has been underlined. :poke:

Ok all fun poking aside.. Cap both the firebird and camaro are great cars to have.. you can get a good one a bad one or a plain lemon like any other.

As my pale Twotone stated also.. a mustang is also a valid choice given you find a decent fox body.

Ill keep my eyes out down here for something and let you know.

I love my 3rd gen never had an issue with it for over 200,000 miles until I ripped the 305 out and dropped in a hopped up 350. but that is my own doing...

lavinrac1

I had a '86 Z28, then a '87GTA...both w/t-tops...both were great...both totaled...pretty much walked away from both. Z28 was ran off the road by a farm truck / trailer, passenger front tire left roadway, grabbed and taste tested big tree. GTA, an old guy (uninsured) decided to run a red light and park his el camino in my drivers door. brother in laws have 4th gen Z28s, have distributer problems on rainy days, neither are t-tops and the headliners fall down and a pain to work on compared to the mustangs. my '90 GT (had 15 years) minor probs, but easy to work on:thumbsup: even though the f-bodies are bigger than the stangs, the stangs hold up pretty well too. the mustang has my vote.:beerchug:

Back