guy with 1000hp camaro wants to race me

tommygunn

Registered
a guy a know is getting ready to get his car back and he swears its going to be a busa killer. its a 01 camero with a built motor and twin turbos. should be pushing around 1000hp on pump gas. he wants to run my bike bad from a roll. i kinda want to do it just to see how close it would be. anybody know if i stand a chance? i have a hard time seeing how a car can be faster then a busa but i guess it can with money. so anybody got any tips on what to do before i run this guy? i have had my exaust cans off but i dont know if i loose power like that..if so i should prob put them back on but i dont wanna loose power if going canless helps at all.

is there any cheap tricks i can do to get a few more ponies out of this thing just in case? right now im all stock

you are going to need more than a few ponies to run with that mouse...

he will spin the tires and that is your only hope to get out in front because up to about 150, he is going to eat your lunch for you...

1/4 mile "might" be close if his chassi setup is messed up.. otherwise.... hasta la vista baby...

reference point is that the busa with a 200lb rider is about 4lbs per HP
that Camaro would need to weigh in at a hefty 4000+lbs and is more like 2200, he has almost double the power per lb... (provided his HP estimate is close and even if it is off by a couple hundred, it wont matter)

if you can ride very well you may stand a chance. the viper in the above vid really only has like 830rwhp.
thumb_up.gif

that Camaro would need to weigh in at a hefty 4000+lbs  and is more like 2200, he has almost double the power per lb... (provided his HP estimate is close and even if it is off by a couple hundred, it wont matter)
I would be willing to be closer to 3000lbs on the camaro. He needs a solid 9" rear, intercooler(s), beefy trans, rollcage.. But still.. the power->weight goes to the car.

He would need some 10" rubber to try and keep from burning up the tires with a roll on.

Is this being done at the track or on the street? Be careful. A car like that with a light rear end is going to be squirly as hell. He could take you out if he is not a great driver. Racing 400 and less hp cars are a whole different experience. A 90 to 150 roll on will be safer but you will have a better chance of being beat big time.

Is this being done at the track or on the street? Be careful. A car like that with a light rear end is going to be squirly as hell. He could take you out if he is not a great driver. Racing 400 and less hp cars are a whole different experience. A 90 to 150 roll on will be safer but you will have a better chance of being beat big time.
thumb_up.gif

That was my first thought... I would be pretty leary of him taking you out if he loses control, which would be very easy to do... Be VERY careful if you do it on the street, but better yet try to get him to go to a test & tune where you would at least have more room to get away from him if he comes over on you, not to mention some immediate medical help in the event it was needed...
beerchug.gif

i have a hard time believing he is putting out 1000 horse on the ground. if so it would all depend on the gearing of the car, and most likely a car like that isnt geared for the highway, more of a dragstrip car.

that Camaro would need to weigh in at a hefty 4000+lbs  and is more like 2200, he has almost double the power per lb... (provided his HP estimate is close and even if it is off by a couple hundred, it wont matter)
I would be willing to be closer to 3000lbs on the camaro. He needs a solid 9" rear, intercooler(s), beefy trans, rollcage.. But still.. the power->weight goes to the car.

He would need some 10" rubber to try and keep from burning up the tires with a roll on.
if its a stripped down drag car it may weight 3000. street car would be closer to 3800

im sure it will be a 90-170 roll.. not sure on the gears but ill find out
Then you might as well just hand him your pink slip, and your girlfriend...

A roll from 90-170 isn't going to be a stock busa's friend...

Besides, that's a clownshoe contest... Meaningless really.

like someone else said ...with that kind of power i would stay away from him because he might lose it and take you out.. ain`t worth it IMO.

Nah..... that cars heavy, i pretty sure its like 3900-4000lbs range..... in less its gutted like previously mentioned

doesnt it matter what type of gearing he has??? I dont know alot about race cars but I have a friend who has 600+ponies in his 74' camaro...does great at the track but is only a 3speed and has no top end..like 130mph top speed and the rev limiter kickes in...I can smoke him every time.

I still find it amazing that whenever someone has a hot car or bike, they always want to run against a Busa.

We rock!!!

--Wag--

P.S. You're gonna lose!
biggrin.gif

I think he should take you if he has 1000 hp. easy. Why do people with turbo an twin turbo cars want to race Busa's. But if you bring em a 600 or 700hp turbo Busa to race with they look at you like you are the one who is crazy.

Back