Maybe a race will happen?

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
Hey there peoples. There may be an offer for me to race a 1000hp supra. I have TRE, about to do the Pair valve asap. and powercommander usb with stock map

Think I have a chance? if the race should happen should I do the small airbox mod?? This will be cool I I do set this race up. It may happen after 2weeks. :-) please Input, I am interested.

if its 1000 hp to the wheels and you don't have it piped and geared I"m guessing you should be prepared for a loss. even with it piped and geared its gonna be a dang close race

if its 1000 hp to the wheels and you don't have it piped and geared I"m guessing you should be prepared for a loss.  even with it piped and geared its gonna be a dang close race
It depends on the Supra's tires. If he's got slicks (or a real good set of drag radials) and it's from a dead stop, you will lose. As you describe your bike,it's about 175 @ the wheel and weighs about 500lbs. Approx. 2.9 lb/hp. Supra pushing 1000 @ the wheels, weighs about 3500lbs, thats 3.5 lb/hp. If you consider that the car has twice the contact patch (at least) that you have and is less prone to wheelies. If he's running street tires, you should be able to get at him. He simply won't be able to put all the power down soon enough. I would advise against a roll on, a buddy of mine regularly ate up 600's with his Supra (95 Twin-Turbo BPU) in roll-ons. His was putting out 352hp @ the wheels.I know a Bus is a lot faster than the average 600, but he's got a lot more horses. Do you know what mods the Supra has done to it?

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111374395 -->

What kind of a race? Stop, role, 60-160, 0-160, what?? How is the car setup? Is that 1000RWHP or fly wheel? We need more details!?!?!?

You really don't have a chance unless you are about 100lbs. and can launch like a bat out of hell.......otherwise your out of luck!

If he has slicks or any form of traction he *could* beat you in a 1/4-mile but depends how his car is setup.

If you are racing from a role, it only takes about 800RWHP to hang with a stock Busa until 160mph and then he will start to leave you. Up until 160mph you should have the lead.....but it's over from then on.

1000RWHP is enough to get it done esp. with your mods. If you had more, it could be better for you but with what you have.....it doesn't look good!
blush.gif

I dont have any info on this car yet. And type of race is know known aswell. So from the dig would be better you say? I guess I would think so because his momentum would already be there, as well as having his boost in its sweet spot. I weigh in at 180lbs. Damn, someone needs to lend me a pipe for the race lol.

I dont have any info on this car yet. And type of race is know known aswell. So from the dig would be better you say? I guess I would think so because his momentum would already be there, as well as having his boost in its sweet spot. I weigh in at 180lbs. Damn, someone needs to lend me a pipe for the race lol.
A pipe won't help you. You better borrow a turbo kit lol

Seriously though, the reason we are so dominant vs. cars is because of the power to weight ratio. Take that away and it depends a lot more on traction, and driver/rider skill. Are you racing for $$$?

Hey man from a dead start youre done...saw a damn 1000 hp supra run 8s in the quater.
blush.gif

well ####! lol. The race is not concrete yet. just an offer given by a friend of the supra owner. As far as $$, not sure, I would do it just for fun becuase of my stats.

Hey man from a dead start youre done...saw a damn 1000 hp supra run 8s in the quater.  
blush.gif
Depends on tires. If he can't hook (if he's got anything but slicks) you will beat him. I'm sure the 8 sec car was on slicks. I don't care if you got a jillion hp, if you can't get it to the ground, what's the point?

Dont know what it was on just now the fuggin thing was haulin as
wink.gif

Order a big turbo kit and extended swingarm overnight. Have them installed and bet the guy the price of it all. When you win you will have a free turbo!
cool.gif
race.gif

Unless you havent gotten used to the bike then you have to sell your bike and turbo to pay the guy off
laugh.gif

Better get a turbo or a bottle and extended with a rider, or you're toast.If its from the dead stop, and he's on street tires and you've got a set of nads,ride the wheelie out of first,hit second in the air but dont hit the rev limiter! or he'll go by you, wind fourth, it'll be close but you may have a chance especially if he spins.

Think you can launch your busa fairly well? If so then go from a standstill! That's your only chance IMO. 900-1000 HP is about where the stock busa gets romped doing roll-ons normally.

You better get some NOS.... or else it might be difficult... Just my assumption

Back