How many members race their bikes

Bike382

Registered
Who on this site races their bikes? What kind of racing do you do? If you do not race, are you planning on it this year?

I Land Speed race and I would like to catch a couple of track days this year as well. VaBusa has already rubbed it in that I got whipped by a girl, so I will be working very hard this year to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm gonna PM Cap, I need to be wearing an .org shirt when I set my next record.

1/4 mile at a time Hopefully this year will be good and mabey i can go a few rounds, then go have a few rounds
beerchug.gif

I do the 1/4 mi. thing too. Some track days here and there. But I'm interested in running at Maxton. Hey 382 Ive been following your threads and noticed your Busa was at Carpenters right after mine. What do you think about the perfomance ?

Who on this site races their bikes?  What kind of racing do you do?  If you do not race, are you planning on it this year?

I Land Speed race and I would like to catch a couple of track days this year as well.  VaBusa has already rubbed it in that I got whipped by a girl, so I will be working very hard this year to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm gonna PM Cap, I need to be wearing an .org shirt when I set my next record.
Well, you shouldn't have told me!
tounge.gif

The street and strip. There are no 1/4 mile tracks around here. The closest I know of is in Gainsville Fla. I've been rained out twice trying to go there. Mainly 1/8th mile here. Savannah and Douglas. On the street we'll run the 1/4 or maybe top end depending on traffic conditions and what not. Safety first!  
biggrin.gif

I plan on doing a few track days but I won't beracing my bike... just driving it around very quickly, no timing, no competition. I'm doing it just for fun on my bike as is stock only [except for safety wire and suspension tuning] Should be a ball. Might do some quarter miles if I can find one. here's last years overposted pic

busatrack.jpg

Define race? I do open trackdays with the Busa. I used to be the nr 3 rider for an amateur endurance team. 1/4 mile strips are unheard of in Belgium, so that ain't happening anytime soon.

I still do tease yuppies/ricers in "sportscars/fartcannons" ... But that's not a sport, more like a hobby.

I'm interested in running at Maxton. Hey 382 Ive been following your threads and noticed your Busa was at Carpenters right after mine. What do you think about the perfomance ?[/QUOTE]

When my bike was fully stock, the best I could pull at Maxton was 184MPH. 1 mile is not enough to get up to full speed (at least for me). My best was 192 MPH on the salt.

Once the Carpenter mods were complete, I was bouncing off the rev limiter at roughly the 3/4 mile mark. I had to drop 2 teeth on the rear.

I compared my stock busa to a really big, vicious dog, but after Carpenter was done I still compared it to a big, vicious dog, but one that has been beaten until it turned mean, cause it is wicked mean.

The difference is really obvious when I ride my dads fully stock busa and mine back to back. It's probably similar to riding a stocker and then riding a 750cc.

If that is what I think of a naturally aspirated bike, I can only imagine that the Turbo bikes of Ninja, Cheese, etc must be like riding a T-Rex.

WooHoo - I'm a racer

PS - Cheese, you should show up once, I would like to see you, Motorhead, Yancy, Guthry and Land Speed Larry at the track on the same weekend. It's a 10 hour drive for me, but I would go just to watch.

I will be doing some track days on my SV650s this season... And, some additional lessons. Maybe by the 2005 season I will be racing.

-Rip

I try to keep it in my pants as much as possible 'cuz I need my 'Busa to get to work every day, but sometimes I can't help myself.

Other than that, I am addicted to track days and am looking forward to a little warmer weather so I can get back in action.

I'm interested in running at Maxton.  Hey 382 Ive been following your threads and noticed your Busa was at Carpenters right after mine. What do you think about the perfomance ?

When my bike was fully stock, the best I could pull at Maxton was 184MPH.  1 mile is not enough to get up to full speed (at least for me).  My best was 192 MPH on the salt.

Once the Carpenter mods were complete, I was bouncing off the rev limiter at roughly the 3/4 mile mark.  I had to drop 2 teeth on the rear.

I compared my stock busa to a really big, vicious dog, but after Carpenter was done I still compared it to a big, vicious dog, but one that has been beaten until it turned mean, cause it is wicked mean.  

The difference is really obvious when I ride my dads fully stock busa and mine back to back.  It's probably similar to riding a stocker and then riding a 750cc.

If that is what I think of a naturally aspirated bike, I can only imagine that the Turbo bikes of Ninja, Cheese, etc must be like riding a T-Rex.

WooHoo - I'm a racer

PS - Cheese, you should show up once, I would like to see you, Motorhead, Yancy, Guthry and Land Speed Larry at the track on the same weekend.  It's a 10 hour drive for me, but I would go just to watch.[/QUOTE]
You couldn't have said it better, when I picked my bike up from Bob, I was easy on it for a couple hundred miles or so, but after that it seemed like I could'nt shift it fast enough. It hit the rev box quicker than a 600. I am very pleased with his work.

1/4-mile
1/8-mile
street/track

I would love to get into road racing but don't think the Busa is a good choice for it.

The ultimate would be to get into the 1-mile + racing like Maxton or even the Silver state classic race in Nevada. Anything I can go 180+ and be legal would do nicely.

All in favor of voting for a AUTOBAHN in the states say "I"!
biggrin.gif

I race about everything I own, I guess I have kind of a SPEED FREAK in my Blood!
cool.gif

Josh
blues.gif

Back