Maybe a race will happen?

Uhhh, this was already done, didn't you guys see the video Full Tilt posted and is selling? A 900 HP Supra ATE a stock Busa from a roll (60 MPH). It ran neck-n-neck with a nitrous big-bore Busa. My turbo busa beat it pretty hard... however, my Busa motor blew up shortly thereafter...

You will get your butt handed to you if you race this guy on anything short of a turbo bike. You will need 300 HP and an electric or air shifter with a lock-up clutch (at least that is what I was running).

Good luck.

Think you can launch your busa fairly well?  If so then go from a standstill!  That's your only chance IMO.  900-1000 HP is about where the stock busa gets romped doing roll-ons normally.
You're nuts, from a stand still, that car will totally destroy you... most of those supra's are set up for 8 sec. 1/4 miles!!! DO NOT try to race from a stand still or you will just get embarrassed!

Doesn't sound very good.
sad.gif

Think you can launch your busa fairly well?  If so then go from a standstill!  That's your only chance IMO.  900-1000 HP is about where the stock busa gets romped doing roll-ons normally.
You're nuts, from a stand still, that car will totally destroy you...  most of those supra's are set up for 8 sec. 1/4 miles!!!  DO NOT try to race from a stand still or you will just get embarrassed!
Tires make the difference. A car would have a very hard time running 8 sec 1/4 without slicks. Make him race you on street tires.

You're nuts, from a stand still, that car will totally destroy you...  most of those supra's are set up for 8 sec. 1/4 miles!!!  DO NOT try to race from a stand still or you will just get embarrassed!
Tires make the difference. A car would have a very hard time running 8 sec 1/4 without slicks. Make him race you on street tires.
Again, this has already been documented on the DVD I cited previously... These guys run street-legal "slicks". We witnessed at LVMS (a bunch of Busa owners) the Turbo Supra's running in the high 8's... not even the turbo busa's could get those speeds. Sorry, but you get a LOT more dig out of those wide tires than we do, even with a 200 series and low pressure. NEVER TAKE ON A 1000HP car from a dig!!! Most of those cars are running SUPER low gearing too, a bike, with stock swingarm, would flip or spin out before it would run those times...

Again, this has already been documented on the DVD I cited previously...   These guys run street-legal "slicks".  We witnessed at LVMS (a bunch of Busa owners) the Turbo Supra's running in the high 8's...  not even the turbo busa's could get those speeds.  Sorry, but you get a LOT more dig out of those wide tires than we do, even with a 200 series and low pressure.  NEVER TAKE ON A 1000HP car from a dig!!!  Most of those cars are running SUPER low gearing too, a bike, with stock swingarm, would flip or spin out before it would run those times...
Doc, no offense, but shootout bikes are in the 7's and they are just as "street legal" as those cars. I agree about the swingarm though.

500hp maybe but not a 1000hp Supra. You will have some fun but you will loose.

It depends on how the car is set up... If it is set up with those slicks, then yes, it will be tough from a dig. However, I would think that most cars such as this one, is not set up for a drag race, and is gear so low that it tops out at 160 MPH. I could be wrong though.

Back