Should I say? I tried to tell you so !! Just drive it and have fun with it.

Rollin20z

Registered
Buddy of mine took his 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ZL575 to the Mecum Auction and it went thru the block a lil bit ago. I told him when he bought it and he was saying oh how this was different and not as many made in this color etc etc, dude it's still a 2010 Camaro! Then he had it picked up and was taken for package done can't remember where it went??? And they did the SLP package on it supercharger,brakes,striping,wheels etc for $26K which bumped it from the 426hp to 575hp I think he had in his head that it was gonna be a big collector car.

Yes, it's nice now and I told him just drive it and enjoy it for what it is and in no way look at it as an investment. Just see it as a toy and that's it. Barrett Jackson has gotten everyone now a days to believe everything is a collectible and is worth more than you paid for it anymore.

All in all it is a very nice car with probably less than 500 miles on it, has had a nice package put on it, not very many like it(not that that means anything now a days) always garaged never seen anything but sunshine.

I believe he was anticipating somewhere in the $70k+ range and dropped reserve to $60k and it still didn't make it.???

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you try to buy vehicles today and think of them as an investment your gonna be sadly disappointed no matter what there status is. Just buy them and enjoy them, them sell'em take you hit and buy something else to enjoy. :laugh:

Of course I'll give him it was an early slot to cross the block, later in the day and he may have gotten someone with the money and just as naive to spend that for it. :whistle:

Pics & description
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SLP ZL575 575 HP, 6-Speed for sale by Mecum Auction

Only way i see these things being worth "collector car money" Is if he puts it in a climate controlled storage and doesnt touch it for the next 30 years, at 2years old i dont see anything as "rare".

Personally if i were him i'd take it out and beat the snot out of it and enjoy it:laugh:

I have a brother-in-law that thinks the same way. He bought a final year Trans-Am WS6 brand new. It's never been washed, let alone rained on. He had the garage bay carpeted just for it. It's only taken on for short trips on picture perfect days and I believe it just turned over 4K miles.

He's not a car guy at all and doesn't want to hear about dry rotted tires, dried up seals etc. According to him and my sister, it's now worth more than what they paid for it new and it's officially a classic this year and they're going to start putting it in car shows. ???
I told him I could go to any common hillbilly gathering area such as a Walmart parking lot and find no less than 20 at any given time. :laugh:

I bought a nice low mileage Stingray 12 years ago and it blew his mind that I drove the hell out of it year after year until I sold it last November. I told him that it doesn't matter, there will always be some jackass out there holding onto a rare low mileage car or motorcycle just for ME. They'll sell it to me for well under what they paid for it after factoring in inflation...they'll have never enjoyed it and I'll have all the fun they missed out on.
The Vette was replaced with a one owner, very rare low mileage Porsche which is being thoroughly enjoyed.

I think you'd stand a better chance at winning the lottery than guessing which car is going to go up in value like that 1968 L88 Stingray which sold for $600K today. Typically $30K can buy you a really bad ass vintage car which cost maybe $5K when new. If an original owner factored in original cost, inflation and how much he's put into over the last 40 years, it's still a huge loss at $30K! Heck, $5K in 1968 is equal to $33K today.

that is a really nice car, he should just drive it.

BTW, Funny how you can still find custom busas going for 20K.

Wait, i park on carpet so is mine a rare collector also?:laugh::laugh:
flat-1.jpg

To me there are just too many of anything built anymore and too many people buying them to hold onto thinking they will go up in value no matter what it is anymore. Everyone is going by the way stuff from 30-40 yrs ago is selling for now, grant it the stuff that is fetching that kind of money is the stuff that survived, not because it was sold as a "collectible" the way stuff is now a days. Back then most people bought the stuff to drive,abuse or use the way it was meant to be and not just bought and then stored away with the idea that they were gonna make money on it. Grant it a few may have but no where near as many that do that today.

For the cars built today special/limited or not if your looking at buying them for an investment of some kind I would suggest writing some kind of plan for your childrens children or their grandkids to go by in 50-100yrs. Cause the way I see it is that's the only way stuff made new today is gonna be worth anything more than what you pay for it.

I say buy what you want & enjoy the he ll out of it now while you are able to. At least that's how I think anymore, cars for one were meant to be driven,raced and enjoyed. If you want to buy something for an investment then go get you some Unobtainium. :laugh:

Yea just drive them dont worry about money or you really cant afford them. I run my 65 Fastback hard because I build it to make me happy. My dad thinks I abuse it when he goes for a ride but I have to fix it if it breaks no big deal, just money. The bank gives it out everyday.:laugh:

Cars can be a great investment if you know what you are doing. I seem to always pick the losers though, so I just drive them and have some fun to make up for what I lose :laugh:

He'll need to wait until it is as old as this one.......a rare color as well British Racing Green, but mines no where near 575hp...closer to 300hp.

Camaro%20003%20(Small)%20(2).jpg

Modern day yenko rarity status? Could just go buy a '12 put slp parts on it and it would have 0 miles.... Can't go buy a '12 yenko. Jmo

Back