Old Guy / New Rider - Wants to buy Busa?

Hell's Bell's, I'm as old as Kerosene and I ride the beast. If I can do it, so can you! :beerchug:

Why does age play into this? You will love the bike no matter what.

And stay away from that raydog guy, he's a bad seed. I even have proof. :laugh: Pics don't lie. :whistle:

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

That hurts Tim, even trained killers have feelings you know.
Doyle

If you can ride the ill handling V star then the busa will be gravy. Just get the feel for the power a little along. I had a v star 1100 and never liked it. I'm almost your age at 52 and don't, Haven't had a problem yet. I don't think I'm as old as kerosene.:laugh:

Hey take it from an east coast rider i'm 61 and enjoying the busa every rides an adventure.The beast can be as gentle as you want it too it's all about throttle control ad don't let the young guys make you try something stupid !!! you'll love the Busa !!!

53?? That's not old! I'm almost 70. (get that bike:laugh:)
Busa weighs same as your Bandit, and like the Bandit, all
you have to do is be sensible with right hand.

HK91 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
That bandit should be all you need for the moment if you're just learning. Personally, I'd wear that bandit out for one season, then get the busa.:thumbsup: oh yea, and :welcome:

So what if you're 53? Alot of the guys on this forum are anywhere from 40 to 70. I'd get more seat time on the Bandit before you got a busa tho...you'd be better served if you where more experienced as a rider...

What's 53 got to do with it? ??? You got the fever? Well the Busa just might be the cure! Ride it and enjoy it...and no more comments about crappy Harley's. :moon:

Best bike on the planet. If you plan on dropping a bike, practice on what you have. If you are comfy with the other bikes, get the one you want, just restrain yourself and stay in reasonable situations. The Busa can be trusted.

Its all about wrist control.

That Bike is only as fast as you make it.

And trust me - - - You can make it fast if you want tooooooooo :cheerleader:

yep, yet another good thing about the busa, she can be as docile or as mean as you want her to be. None of that "sudden power burst" crap that you get from the liter bikes. She's all lady....until you want her to get freaky.:whistle:

My Opinion:

Regardless of age you don't have enough experience for the Busa, or even the Bandit. You need a lot more experience. Just because you can hold the bike up and ride it does not = experience.

Best bike on the planet. If you plan on dropping a bike, practice on what you have. If you are comfy with the other bikes, get the one you want, just restrain yourself and stay in reasonable situations. The Busa can be trusted.

You beat me to this StromBusa, about the drop and the ride....the Busa is a very easy bike to ride. It is good from just about any speed or gear. But go crazy with the twist grip and she can get out of hand quick. Oh, and at last check, that Bandit hauls too.

The Bandit is a great bike... Seeing that you're a new rider I doubt you'll find a difference in performance as I can't imagine that your coming close to the Bandits full perfomance. But if your already riding a Bandit and finding it agreeable the Busa wouldn't be an unreasonable step up. If you can find anybody to loan you a sports bike you may want put a couple hundred miles on it and get a handle on the ergnomics. They're worlds apart in the comfort department for alot of folks!

Last edited:
age has very little to do w/ your survivablity at 53, BUT your skill level is severally lacking for a busa.

get some miles, then get a busa, they'll always be out there.

Back