to busa or not to busa

I have a Busa and a GSX750R, pretty mutch like the R1, I take the Busa for long rides, back seat rides, when I know we're not going down the twisties and I take the GSX when we go donw the twities and track days, all around the Busa is the better bike and it can do twisties as weel as another bike, maybe not as fast as the GSX but darn fast.
So depends on your riding type, and if you always do twisties then go for a lighter bike like TL or R1 but if your a cruising type of guy go for the Busa, one of the best bike on the market right now.

I just moved to the busa from a 650R and its a world of difference better the busa is a great ride but you must as with any bike give her the respect that she needs.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
Since you have some well rounded riding experience you should be ready. I had a 02 TL1000R, and I must say I loved it. It was down a little on power against the R1, ZX9R and GSXR1000 but made up for it in the low end and mid range. If you were over 175 pounds it would rail through the twisties with the best of them. If they past me in a long straight( it would have to be a very long straight) I would disciple them in the turns. Another thing about the TL I liked was the fact that while running in canyons or  on the track, you didn't have to shift too much. It has so much low end torque you only needed 1st,2nd, and third. Great second street bike! However, if dont want to upgrade after that. Go with the Busa. You wont look back.
super.gif

I had a TL1000 R and one of the reasons I sold it was because parts were always scarce. But now that it's out of production, all I can say is, GOOD LUCK finding them !  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Mar. 02 2007,14:54) I had a TL1000 R and one of the reasons I sold it was because parts were always scarce. But now that it's out of production, all I can say is, GOOD LUCK finding them !  
beerchug.gif

Oh...now thats good info. Now i Know which way I will definately be going. I live in remote west tex Things are hard to find around here anyway. Dont need that headache
argue.gif
argue.gif

argue.gif

I'm getting my first streetbike hopefully shortly too. I'd LIKE a used Gixxer 1k or busa. But my problem is insurance (IF THEY TOOK ME). Still deciding though. I'll eventually make up my own mind, because i think i can ride about anything i want to. Hopped on a '70 something CB450 and just took off. "Never rid on the highway though. Usually in my yard which is grass and dirt." It flood's itself so i didn't get to ride it very long. I also rode around a friend's dirtbike, think it was a Suzuki 350 or something like that. It was old but fun to ride.

I've ridden dirt most of my few years of riding too. I've fallen in love with an orange '03 LE Busa (i think '03 anyway), and a Blue/White 03 Gixxer 600.

Just get what you can handle. If i decide i don't want the power of a busa yet when i DO get serious about buying, then i might get a 600-750.

Although i also thought about a friend's Honda Shadow 500. "But i REALLY want a sporbike."

So my opinion is just get what you want, what you are comfortable on, and what you can handle.

Just my .02

(Black Bird Killer @ Feb. 28 2007,20:02) <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><marquee>YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!</marquee></span>
<marquee>all night looooooong</marquee>

(boazalmighty @ Mar. 03 2007,00:52)
(Black Bird Killer @ Feb. 28 2007,20:02) <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><marquee>YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!</marquee></span>
<marquee>all night looooooong</marquee>
Boy, you're just wallowing around in the gutter tonight aren't ya boaz!
laugh.gif

Have a nice swim!
wink.gif

" rode a Kawi KZ650 in '78 - '80. Sold it to have money for my honeymoon. Bought the Busa 6 months ago without riding since '80. The salesman acted like he wasn't going to let me ride it home. It's a much heavier bike than I had ever been on. I took it real easy like the book says the first 600 miles and easy the first 2500. You do have to respect this bike in everyway. But I wouldn't have anything else. "

The busa is heavier than a 650 from the late 70s/early 80s?  

No offense, but I would need some data to back that up.  I would bet that the KZ650 and the busa are within 20 lbs of one another on weight. I had a 1980 CB750 that weighed more than the busa does....

Now, back to the topic of TL vs the busa. I think it depends a lot on the type of riding you do. The TL is a 2 cylinder bike, and it's going to have a power curve thats a lot different than the busa. Down low, it's gonna pull, and hard. Get it wound up though, and it'll fall on its face. If i were debating between the two, and did a lot of riding in the twisties, I think I'd lean towards a TL. However, the BIG drawback to the TL, as has been mentioned, is availability of aftermarket parts. If you don't want to do a lot of customizing, then it won't be an issue for you. If you do, however, I wish you luck.

The busa is going to have a GREAT parts availability, especially since the bike has gone essentially unchanged since 1999. The hugger that fits my 2006 will probably bolt right onto someone else's 1999, etc etc.

In the end, determine your needs, determine your finances, and figure out what's going to work best for you. if possible, get some seat time on both of them so you can determine if the bike feels right to you, and go with what works.

Busa was my first bike.

In reality the liter bikes are probably more squirrely than the Busa. The Busa can kill you, but it takes more stupidity to do so than the liter bikes. At similar horsepower and 100 lbs lighter you are more likely to get a gas cap imprint in your forehead with them than the Busa.
biggrin.gif

If you don't get a busa, get a gixxer 1k. They are super sweet and super fast...

(captain @ Feb. 28 2007,21:58) Well, since you on a busa forum..... I vote for the busa... If you know how to ride your fine....
+1
beerchug.gif

Your buddies don't want you to get one and be better than them.

Just take it easy and respect it. It is't a little dirt bike by any means.
race.gif

Thanks guys....I appreciate all your Opinions Busa It Is
super.gif
Now I need to find one in my vicinity for the right amount $ may have to put a large amnt of money downs and finance some? we'll see

Get what you want. Soulds like you are a conservative rider. That is good on any bike.

I like the TL, but I own a Busa (well, the bank does anyway...LOL) I have raced against several TL's at the strip, and they can hold thier own! I think they are SWEET bikes, but I weigh in at 215-220 so I figured a Busa would suit me better, plus I do A LOT of dragracing (weekly), and the Busa seemed a little more reliable.

Get what YOU want, what YOU can afford, and what YOU are most comfortable on, and what fits YOUR riding style!!

GOOD LUCK and WELCOME to THE .ORG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(crunch320 @ Feb. 28 2007,14:02) I have a 01 TL1000R and love it.Its not as comfortable as my busa but it is very quick with tons of low end power,sounds amazing,and handles awesome in the twisties.My problem is that im 6'5" so the busa has a much more relaxed riding position.
+10

I had a TL1000 before my busa, the only reason I got rid of it was because it was a lemon. But when it did run wow was it strong in the low end and Very smooth on deacceleration. The bike was a lot of fun. Has some trouble with overheating though, and you get a nice case of roasted nuts. The cause of this is because the v-twin engine cant get air to the rear cylinder right in front of the seat and it gets very hot. Other than that they are a lot of fun, I am definately planning on getting another one for a next bike. Just because I remember how torquey it is. MMMM.... Yet is is a little uncomfortable for a tall guy being 6'4"

I have had 2 TLR'S one new one and one I rebulit from a crashed one and they are super fun. Bone stock they are pretty tame but with the right mods (which are pricy and hard to come by) they are a blast. First thing is Pipes, PC3, the scrap the rear rotatry damper for an Aftermarket (I had an Ohlins). Tons of torque for 1-3 gear wheelies and pretty comfy. That being said I really like my Busa that I have now for the vast of customizing out there and the comfort (I do commute 60 miles each way to work)

But to each his own and you can't go wrong with either. Here is my TLR:
TLR.jpg

Back