to busa or not to busa

vf'er

Registered
Ok you guys here we go..... I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago. I jave just sold my old VFR 2001. It was my first street bike. I have been riding dirt bikes for years then neighbor talked me into a street bike but a cruiser wouldnt do. Freind sold me his vfr 800. Now that I have been into Sport bikes I really really want a busa (but who wouldnt). Anyway reading several of the threads about 1st bikes and all just really makes me wonder? I am 31 yrs old 5'6" 200 and stalky build. I ride with other guys around west tex. However, i am cautious and ride conservative some of my buddies think thats the wrong step I am looking into a busa or R1 found a TL 1000, but a buddy said their doodoo

Please your thoughts

got VFR 2 years ago and only put 3000 miles on it? got on my first dirt bike.....em 12 or so I thought the vfr was a real good starter i've been on friends gixxers and r6's makes a big difference but I thought If I have trouble with the power i may change sprokets til i can get used to it???

Well, since you on a busa forum..... I vote for the busa... If you know how to ride your fine....

Get what you want, but I'd get the Busa. I ride with guys that have the 6R's, R1's, 636R's, etc. They no who daddy is. The funny thing is I paid less in some cases thousands less for my ride, All of us have '06's with one exception.

Good Luck on whatever you choose.
super.gif

So you got 2 years with the VFR and 19 on dirt bikes. I think you will be ok as long you don't go crazy on the gas (at least until you are comfortable)

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><marquee>YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!</marquee></span>

I have a 01 TL1000R and love it.Its not as comfortable as my busa but it is very quick with tons of low end power,sounds amazing,and handles awesome in the twisties.My problem is that im 6'5" so the busa has a much more relaxed riding position.

joined the forum to get insight; who better than those on here hopefully can relate to their first ride on one and pass it on. but maybe a TL 1000?

The VFR makes a pretty good start bike. I talked my brother into one. I've ridden it and liked it. If you like the VFR you'll love the Busa. About the same weight with similar ergos. Take it easy and you can handle it.

The TLs are a bit unique. Start looking for parts, mods etc for them. Not much out there.

Like I said, respect the Busa and you'll be fine.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><marquee>GET A BUSA!!!!!!!!!!</marquee></span>

You're gonna get a thousand different opinions from this forum.......with that said, here is mine:

For years I thought the TL was the sexiest machine ever created......IMO that bike LOOKS super hot!  Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to ride it.  I have heard good and bad on this bike.  Then came the Busa....OMG, need I say more.  In 05' I bought mine, since then the TL just didn't look as pretty as it once did.  The Busa rides great, superb handling, and power for days.....If you are a fairly experienced rider, the Busa would suite you fine.  

Make a decision......you want a Busa or a liter bike?...this is your dilemma.....depends on you and your needs, type of riding you expect to do and so on.

SWEET....i am looking around through craigslist...ebay....american classifieds as well as the classifieds on this forum. waiting for the right one $$ Looking through some of the catalogs I did notice that there were a ton of parts for the busa not so much for TL's but if the price is right... I am going to try to hold out though. Will be the first 1 in town to get one
super.gif

(vf'er @ Feb. 28 2007,23:03) joined the forum to get insight; who better than those on here hopefully can relate to their first ride on one and pass it on. but maybe a TL 1000?
I rode a Kawi KZ650 in '78 - '80. Sold it to have money for my honeymoon. Bought the Busa 6 months ago without riding since '80. The salesman acted like he wasn't going to let me ride it home. It's a much heavier bike than I had ever been on. I took it real easy like the book says the first 600 miles and easy the first 2500. You do have to respect this bike in everyway. But I wouldn't have anything else.

Busa was my first ride, other than off road. Grow into the bike, not out of it. Just my opinion

forget everything you heard, and take this into consideration, the busa is not gonna kill you, you and you alone will do that, the bike is just a catalyst. TL1000 is a kick azz bike. I know 6 or 7 guys who own them. The busa and the TL are not for the timid, if you disrespect them they will disrespect you back, usually in the form of "severe road rash" or a tore up bike. Dont let your friends decide your bike for you. I would drive both of them and find out that way. The TL is gonna out maneuver the busa in the twisties but the busa will catch it in a straight away. So think about the type of riding you do. The busa is classified as a sport/touring bike........ it is a beast, trust me. By the way the busa is the only recreational vehicle ive ever bought that I didnt regret buying later and want to get rid of it.

Welcome to the board, and good luck on your purchase.
LOL if you gets down to it and you cant make up your mind, or they are running neck to neck.... Let the fact that this website exists and you get us, as a tie breaker. Not to brag but we "swing a big stick" in the street bike world.

I vote Busa, but ride both the Busa and TL and spend some time at the dealership just sitting on them both while in the riding position. See which is more comfy for you!

Back