To Busa or Not

I rode both the Concours and the 14, both are great bikes. For what you are saying I thing that you would probably like either equally but they do pour heat out from under neath those fairings. I test rode them on 90 degree day and it just felt like my shin was cooking. Other than that I liked them. But for my money I would still take my 05 Busa over the 07/08 Kawi's, just fits me better. I notice you keep comming back to handlebars, it's really not that bad your friend saying it is only a back and forth to work bike is crazy. Regardless if it bothered you that much you could mod that for 300 400 bucks. Genmar riser + Helibars + longer brake and clutch lines + Double Bubble, and if you really want to go there another 200 gets a Tobin seat. You would think your back on your Harley with the power of 6 Harleys. By the way all the parts listed above are obtainable by the board sponsors. Good luck man post pics of what ever bike makes it to your garage.
beerchug.gif

You raise some very valid points and it's maybe worth broadening your horizons a bit. There are plenty of powerful bikes around which are a LOT more comfortable than either a Busa or a Kwak. I bought my Busa as I fell in love with it at a show in Feb. I also have a GS for touring and travelling in comfort. I dunno about trailering a bike to the twisties - it's certainly not THAT bad It is reasonably comfortable for me - I'm 6.1" and 220) but I'd take the GS every time if i wanted to tour all day.

I bought my Busa as it's the coolest bad ass rip-snorting,fire-breathing Hyper bike around
laugh.gif

That's means a lot more to me than how comfy I can be when I get on it.

Horses for courses
winkold.gif

UPDATE!

First of all I would like to thank each and everyone for their responses.

I did purchase a bike on Thursday. I chose the 14, atomic silver. Main reason, K dealer was twenty minutes closer to me. Secondly I thought the ease of changing oil and filter to be much more hassle free on the 14.

I will still be reading posts on this forum, as I think you are the most fun and knowledgable of the motorcycle forums.

Thanks again.

I did purchase a bike on Thursday. I chose the 14, atomic silver. Main reason, K dealer was twenty minutes closer to me. Secondly I thought the ease of changing oil and filter to be much more hassle free on the 14.
Dear Ron

I hope you enjoy your new bike.

I have an '08 'Busa and, though I haven't changed the oil myself yet, I understand that it's quite a hassle.

Ride safely!

--Jaddie

Both good, after a hog, any japanese bike is butter smooth. If you want legroom, get the 14. If you want the most versatile in parts, get the busa. If you want to join the club of the best bike get the busa. So it's down to comfort. If you are not used to the sportbike riding position, you might not like either and will sell it soon.

I was about to say after reading you do weekend tours and say get the 14 . Hope you have fun and ride safe bro!
thumb_up.gif

UPDATE!

I will still be reading posts on this forum, as I think you are the most fun and knowledgable of the motorcycle forums.

Thanks again.
It sounds like you got the bike that fits you the best
winkold.gif
Diff bikes work for diff people
smile.gif
Enjoy your ride
ThumbsUp.gif

I'm not quite as old as GSXCITE, I'm only 57
smile.gif
, but I can ride my 05 all day but then again I can ride my GSXR750 all day...

For me it would be the one behind curtain number three if I were shopping this year...
Actually Don, I won't be 58 untill June 21. When is your birthday ? We need to get this streightened out ya ol coot!
laugh.gif

UPDATE!

Thanks again.
Dumbazz!

Just kiddin!
laugh.gif
Hope you post back up with your impression of the 14 and stay on the org.
ThumbsUp.gif

I am in the same age group as you. In Oct '07 I purchased a new '07 Busa. I did research and decided on the busa. In terms of comfort, I didn't find the ZX-14 that much better. To make the busa more comfortable, get the heli bars. I would advise you to ride it first. I found that once you get up to about 50 mph, there is just enough lift to make the ride comfortable. I have not installed the heli bars.
On another subject. This is a fast bike, you must enjoy the sensation of speed. Also, you must ALWAYS control the desire to hit the gas. I race cars for a hobby, and I still find this thing VERY FAST. Contrary to what I've heard, the bike handles unbelievable. It just throws itself into the corners and feels as if it is on a rail. Just awesome.
If all you are going to do is go for rides and not cruise for days, this is as good as it gets!

I am in the same age group as you. In Oct '07 I purchased a new '07 Busa. I did research and decided on the busa. In terms of comfort, I didn't find the ZX-14 that much better. To make the busa more comfortable, get the heli bars. I would advise you to ride it first. I found that once you get up to about 50 mph, there is just enough lift to make the ride comfortable. I have not installed the heli bars.
On another subject. This is a fast bike, you must enjoy the sensation of speed. Also, you must ALWAYS control the desire to hit the gas. I race cars for a hobby, and I still find this thing VERY FAST. Contrary to what I've heard, the bike handles unbelievable. It just throws itself into the corners and feels as if it is on a rail. Just awesome.
If all you are going to do is go for rides and not cruise for days, this is as good as it gets!

Back