Thinking about selling my 08 zx14 and buying a Busa

ssalib

Registered
Hello,

I a newbie and this my first post on this forum. This a a great forum I have been reading a lot of post and I am considering selling my 08 zx14 and buying a 09 busa. I was wondering if anyone previously owned a gen II 14 (08-09) and switched to a gen II busa? I havent rode a gen II busa but I did ride a 06 busa. I loved the power but I didnt think it was as refined as the 14. Can you guys please give me your input to help me with my decision?

Thanks Sam

Bro first of all :welcome: to the Org.

Secondly I am 100% sure there is an excellent write up somewhere on the Org of a switcher... He mentions in detail pros and cons of both bikes... He too was a kawi rider and now a busa... do a search (click search on top and type in zx14, and other similar words) and you should find it. I will try and look for it for ya as well.

cant seem to find it man... im sure someone on here will be able to help out... keep searching though... its in here somewhere!

We have a few members that have both bikes, just be patient bro, someone will get you the information you want. Welcome to the oRg! :beerchug:

Have ridden both, the Gen 2 is much more refined, smoother shifting and more controlled power band than the Gen 1's....which seem to be somewhat "jerky" on the acceleration...tried a 14 2 times, one stock one not, I think you will find the Gen 2 busa a lot more refined and nimble, the aoerodynamics are something you will notice coming from a ZX-14...but hey Im no expert....before you buy see if someone will let you ride their 08 and you can see for yourself...or just go ahead and buyt he 08...heJJ youre alredy here!:rofl:
Good luck whatever you decide and:welcome:

I'll add to this that keep in mind that what you read from most of the posts on switching will be based on personal preferrence. I've riden both as some of the others have and was impressed with the ZX14. I also took Rickey Gadson's drag race school on one.

If you are into modifying your bikes than maybe a Busa would be a better choice by virtue of the aftermarket support of the Busa. Not that the ZX is forgotten, but the Busa is head and shoulders above the Zx as far as aftermarket support. 1/4 mile times are almost a wash between the two bikes. It mostly boils down to rider talent and seat time.

Which ever bike you decide on I don't think you will be makeing a bad choice. I'm not a brand loyal person. I like what I like. Me personaly love my Busa, 05 black, stage 1 RCC turbo, stretched and lowered and many other mods. I wouldn't sell mine for a ZX with the same mods but thats my choice.

CIMG0395.jpg

CIMG0389.jpg

:welcome:aboard both bikes kick some serious a$$, it just comes down to personal preference.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have been trying to ride a 08 or 09 Gen II busa, but I dont know anyone who owns one. Over the last 10 years I have owned and riden, alot of super bikes. The 97,00,02 Blackbird, 02,06 busa, 05,07 CBR1000rr, 07 GSX-R 1000 and now now I own a 08 zx-14. I'm definetly into speed, but not really on the strip. Thats why I bought the 14, I like big bikes with a lot of power like the 14 and busa. Dont get me wrong I think my 14 is a great bike. But I have heard a ton of good things and the Gen II busa's and I love the 09 white, grey, and blue color. Now that the riding season is almost over I have been thinking more and more about buying a white 09 busa, especially since its rare and becoming harder to find. I have already put my 14 up for sale and if I get the right price I think I going to buy a white 09 busa. I appreciate everyones input and welcome more. Thanks again:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back