Busa Comfort

texasvmax

Registered
I'm looking at getting a Busa but wonder if the riding position is comfortable for longer 100+ mile rides.  I've owned a Vmax for years and am use to the upright riding position.   I'd like to hear what you think about the riding position of the Busa.  Are there after market options to raise the handle bars?  Would it make much of a difference?  I've read about both the Busa and zx14 for the past year.  Both great bikes.  To me, the zx14 feels a little more comfortable to sit on.  But I think the Busa is probably the real king.  Thanks.

Welcome!

If the Search button was working you could search for such items as

Buell Peg Mod
Helibars
Genmar risers
Reapers Risers
Corbin seat
Tobin seat

As you can tell there is a wealth of after market support for the Busa. The long distance crowd being no exception. If it isn't comfy enough for you stock it is not much of an investment to make it lazyboy comfy in a snap.

Welcome!

Seems most complaints for long rides come from us older 6'2"+ guys...

I installed Helibars and Buell pegs and the bike went from 200M per day comfort to 500+.. It was just a bit too tucked in for me... (cost was maybe $225 for both?)

You can get risers a lot cheaper from someone like DR1300R and get the same basic effect as the Helibars...

I am medium height and build  so the Busa is perfect for mileage between 100-400 miles a day with out risers, pegs etc.

welcome.gif
 To Busa Madness !!!!

I am 6-6', and I have not made any changes to my bike. I have only ridden about 250 miles so far in one day though, and I most likely would make some changes to the pegs and bars if I decided to go farther..

Sounds like the riding position is not what I should be worrying about but rather what color to get.

Thanks for all of the feedback.

I went from a ZRX1200 to the Busa and have found it to be quite a bit easier on the lower back and just more comfortable in general. I'm 6'1" and longest ride so far was 300 mi., no problems other than some pain in my right wrist that sets in on long, straight sections. Overall a smoooth ride.
ThumbsUp.gif

Busa has been around long enough that there are multiple aftermarket things out there to help make it more comfortable for you to ride. All a matter of what your looking for really. I have helibars and 3/4 inch reaper risers on my bike that let me sit up a bit more straight that most. There are many combinations out there. Welcome to the site!
beerchug.gif

Get risers, heli bars, touring wind screen and padded seat. They all help. I have done 550 in one day. Just stop , drink water and enjoy the ride. I will average about 400 miles a day on tours with no problem. It is not a Goldwing, but is a lot more fun to ride, and all that power !!

If color is the only question now, get blue, they are the fastest! And welcome to the board!
argue.gif

I am 6'0" and 165. I have no problems with the stock position. I think the seat is more comfortable then the 600 radian's I use to ride.

Well i am 6'6" I like the ride although I see the peg mod in my future. Maybe it is just me but the Black is not only the fastest, it is a bit more comfortable.

Best of all the ladies love it.
thumb_up.gif

Back